Opinion of jaichind
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:48:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of jaichind
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of this L-NY poster?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 80

Author Topic: Opinion of jaichind  (Read 961 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2024, 09:31:09 AM »

Seems to be a promoter of CCP and Kremlin viewpoints.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 09:45:42 AM »

Massive FF. One of the most important contributors in this site’s history.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 10:33:13 AM »

Obvious HP for having some of the most odious views on this forum. That being said, without him there’d be basically no coverage of the politics of some major non-Western countries so he does provide something of value compared to a lot of posters of his ilk.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 10:40:42 AM »

Said he’d be into human trafficking if it wasn’t for the legal ramifications and also said he supports the Axis over the Allies, says it all
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 10:41:24 AM »

Obvious HP for having some of the most odious views on this forum. That being said, without him there’d be basically no coverage of the politics of some major non-Western countries so he does provide something of value compared to a lot of posters of his ilk.

That's true, although I suspect that in many cases if you actually know the countries in question, you'd find his analysis rather ... lacking. I'm not qualified to comment on many of them, but where I do have some knowledge to check his international posts against, I've often found that they consist of faux-neutral presentation of extremely slanted takes. And of course, we're all familiar with his infamous spamming of the Ukraine thread.

As for my overall opinion, you are of course right that it barely needs to be stated that he is a massive HP for having the most cartoon-villain views of anyone on this site.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 10:45:52 AM »

That's true, although I suspect that in many cases if you actually know the countries in question, you'd find his analysis rather ... lacking. I'm not qualified to comment on many of them, but where I do have some knowledge to check his international posts against, I've often found that they consist of faux-neutral presentation of extremely slanted takes. And of course, we're all familiar with his infamous spamming of the Ukraine thread.

As for my overall opinion, you are of course right that it barely needs to be stated that he is a massive HP for having the most cartoon-villain views of anyone on this site.

That's what I've never understood. I don't see how anyone who has read his posts about how he'd support the Nazis in WWII (or any of his other weird comments) could trust his commentary on Indian elections, or whatever. It'd be like if somebody seemed to know a lot about nuclear physics, so you just took his word for it, but then you later find out that he believes the earth is flat and he believes in chemtrails. It kind of calls everything into question. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 10:55:58 AM »

You can't get any worse than a fascist Kremlin mouthpiece these days.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 10:56:19 AM »

Ah yes the left-wing MQM.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 12:10:08 PM »

He's invaluable to the international elections board even if his posts are always deeply cynical and sometimes extremely biased. It's better than nothing though.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2024, 12:20:15 PM »

His moral repugnancy drowns out a lot of the value he may otherwise contribute. Firm HP vote unless and until he disavows nihilism, quits stanning for dictators, and expresses a serious change of heart about... investing in child brothels. But then he wouldn't be jaichind.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 02:14:42 PM »

Amoral.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2024, 05:01:40 PM »

His moral repugnancy drowns out a lot of the value he may otherwise contribute. Firm HP vote unless and until he disavows nihilism, quits stanning for dictators, and expresses a serious change of heart about... investing in child brothels. But then he wouldn't be jaichind.

This. I still maintain that his Holocaust revisionism called for way more than a short-term mute. Obviously so did the child prostitution remark, but the forum was a very different place back then.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2024, 05:09:49 PM »

I must say that I seem to be missing much on this Forum.  People seem to have an awful lot of familiarity with the edgiest and weirdest stuff of some posters.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2024, 05:41:31 PM »

This. I still maintain that his Holocaust revisionism called for way more than a short-term mute. Obviously so did the child prostitution remark, but the forum was a very different place back then.
Tbf Red Velvet’s recent awful Holocaust remarks didn’t get him in any trouble beyond the comment being deleted
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2024, 09:13:14 PM »

Scum and a fairly common type of scum at that.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2024, 03:56:17 AM »

A genuine sociopath
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2024, 04:36:40 AM »

I have followed the Malaysia thread(s) at various and I find Cao's posts to be better and much more informative than jaichind's. Obviously it helps that Cao is actually Malaysian, but still. Part of my point is that that is not so rare, another example is Logical's very helpful thread for the recent Indonesian presidential election.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2024, 10:06:16 AM »

He's been here a while and I've always viewed him as a FF
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2024, 01:54:01 PM »

HP, completely immoral beyond his geopolitical views.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2024, 01:57:12 PM »

Said he’d be into human trafficking if it wasn’t for the legal ramifications and also said he supports the Axis over the Allies, says it all
He never said this.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2024, 02:06:33 PM »

He never said this.

You are technically correct in that he said that he is "fairly empathetic to the Axis point of view" but that distinction is so technical that its odd you highlight it.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2024, 02:13:10 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2024, 02:20:30 PM by President Pro Tem Punxsutawney Phil »

He never said this.

You are technically correct in that he said that he is "fairly empathetic to the Axis point of view" but that distinction is so technical that its odd you highlight it.
My reading of that post was that he viewed himself as being understanding to the Axis POV while ultimately siding against them. The overall post never said anything suggesting (when read together with everything else) "in general the Axis was right". It was also prefaced with "while" which already functions as a built-in caveat in this context.
To make up lies about jaichind's politics to make them look worse is so patently unnecessary. And said lies don't suddenly become true no matter how many people agree with said lies or express agreement with them.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2024, 02:31:29 PM »

He never said this.

My reading of that post was that he viewed himself as being understanding to the Axis POV while ultimately siding against them. The overall post never said anything suggesting (when read together with everything else) "in general the Axis was right". It was also prefaced with "while" which already functions as a built-in caveat in this context.
To make up lies about jaichind's politics to make them look worse is so patently unnecessary. And said lies don't suddenly become true no matter how many people agree with said lies or express agreement with them.
There is absolutely nothing about his history that suggests the comment in question should be given this beyond generous interpretation
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2024, 02:34:27 PM »

He never said this.

There is absolutely nothing about his history that suggests the comment in question should be given this beyond generous interpretation
I mean, I saw that post, I probably even replied to it. I know what's in it.
You just want to assume the worst about it by reading something into it that isn't actually there.
Which is your right, but I'm calling it out for what it is.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2024, 02:38:00 PM »

He never said this.

I mean, I saw that post, I probably even replied to it. I know what's in it.
You just want to assume the worst about it by reading something into it that isn't actually there.
Which is your right, but I'm calling it out for what it is.
How is saying he’s pro-Axis an unfair reading of him saying he’s “ fairly empathetic to the Axis point of view”
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies