Is Redban an emo fan?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:58:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Redban an emo fan?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Redban an emo fan?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: Is Redban an emo fan?  (Read 229 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2024, 11:32:29 AM »

He is definitely acting like one here: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=583120.0

Come to think of it I've never seen him say what type of music he likes but it would be funny if it's emo!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 12:06:06 PM »

I don't think he's acting like an emo fan in that thread, I would use a word that starts with r to describe that thread
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 12:10:03 PM »

I don't think he's acting like an emo fan in that thread, I would use a word that starts with r to describe that thread
Not liking hip hop is no more racist than not liking K-pop is. Some people just don't like sounds of certain types of music. Not everyone is going to like emoviolence either.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 12:22:52 PM »

Republicans only like two types of music: Toby Keith and the comforting sounds of chains and pickaxes in the hot Alabama sun.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 12:29:24 PM »

Not liking hip hop is no more racist than not liking K-pop is. Some people just don't like sounds of certain types of music. Not everyone is going to like emoviolence either.

Saying that hip hop culture "promotes crime and violence" is 100% a racist dogwhistle, it's like saying listening to emoviolence will make you want to commit mass shootings.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 12:37:48 PM »

Saying that hip hop culture "promotes crime and violence" is 100% a racist dogwhistle, it's like saying listening to emoviolence will make you want to commit mass shootings.
90s gangsta rap (the type I'm most familiar with because that's what was popular in my [almost entirely white] high school) definitely DOES glorify those things. I can't think of any emoviolence songs glorifying mass shootings, or that are even about that topic at all come to think of it.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 01:29:47 PM »

90s gangsta rap (the type I'm most familiar with because that's what was popular in my [almost entirely white] high school) definitely DOES glorify those things. I can't think of any emoviolence songs glorifying mass shootings, or that are even about that topic at all come to think of it.

A song being about something =/= a song glorifying something. I've listened to plenty of deathcore and death metal (I know, not your favorite) in my day but I have never even so much as had an inkling to commit violence. I've heard Cannibal Corpse songs about mass murder, Acacia Strain songs about violent nihilism, and yes, even plenty of gangsta rap, and have never wanted to harm another human being. It is reductive as hell to say that any kind of music is to blame for someone having violent tendencies.

I've also listened to my share of bands like Saetia ("there is no happy here"), Circle Takes The Square ("hold the knife closer, just 9 more steps towards the gate"), iwrotehaikusaboutcannibalisminyouryearbook ("I will commit suicide at the very peak of our desperate love so it will never get the chance to weaken or fade"), etc that have lyrics that are very depressive and deal with topics like self-harm and I have never physically self-harmed. I have never felt that self-harm is glorified by these songs either.
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 02:50:21 PM »

BRTD is convinced that every hip hop song is drill rap about killing children.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 03:00:31 PM »

That's EXACTLY why it was so popular at my high school. Edgelord middle class white kids in North Dakota who loved all the violent content and thought they were total badasses equivalent to people who did drive-by shootings because they listened to such music.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 04:23:44 PM »

It isn't?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 11:39:37 PM »

It isn't?
I mean, there is this I guess:

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2024, 07:43:23 AM »

Redban is a DJ Joe Rogan show in the 90s we looked up to Joe Rogan on News Radio when he was on TV due to close Association with Secular Tom Green, but since he is a right wing hack now, Maga likes him
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies