Transgender on girls basketball team injures 3; team forced to forfeit game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:39:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Transgender on girls basketball team injures 3; team forced to forfeit game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Transgender on girls basketball team injures 3; team forced to forfeit game  (Read 987 times)
Redban

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2024, 09:40:19 AM »

This won't end until the girls sit down and refuse to play in solidarity against transgenders. However you feel about transgenderism, they shouldn't compete in female sports

A Massachusetts charter school ended a girls’ varsity basketball game at halftime on February 8 after multiple players were injured by a trans-identified male on the opposing team. The coach of the Collegiate Charter School of Lowell Girls’ Basketball Team made the decision to end the game against KIPP Academy "after watching a third player injured in the game," a press release from the school states.

One video of the game showed the biological male player, standing taller than the female players, ripping the ball out of a female Collegiate Charter School of Lowell player’s hands. She was seen clutching her back while she laid on the ground, grimacing in pain as team members surrounded her.

According to the ItemLive, KIPP led at halftime 31-14. The trans-identified male player is reportedly over 6 feet tall, and has facial hair.

https://thepostmillennial.com/girls-high-school-basketball-team-forfeits-after-trans-player-injures-3-players-in-massachusetts

Video:

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 09:46:55 AM »

Feels like if one team has a player that injures multiple opponents, that's the team that should be forfeiting. This isn't Hockey.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 09:58:24 AM »

I am confused. If it is a transgender identifying male, ie trans man, then they absolutely shouldn't be playing as testosterone is a performance-enhancing drug. But this seems to be suggesting this is a female identifying student
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 10:00:36 AM »

This should get to 7 pages.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 10:12:54 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2024, 10:17:28 AM by Santander »

Feels like if one team has a player that injures multiple opponents, that's the team that should be forfeiting. This isn't Hockey.

Most women's ice hockey doesn't allow bodychecking, so it probably has a similar level of contact as basketball. Hopefully this escalation into higher contact sports doesn't culminate in a sanctioned fight in a combat sport somewhere.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 10:17:57 AM »

Most women's ice hockey doesn't allow bodychecking, so it probably has a similar level of contact as basketball.

Ditto for body checks in womens' lax - didn't stop us from trying tho...

If you're reading this, Samantha: I'd do it again in a heartbeat. 
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 02:59:44 PM »

Don’t really see how the kid being trans has any relevance besides stoking hate
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 03:02:27 PM »

Roll Eyes
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 04:34:56 PM »

while the actions in the video don't show anything particularly outside of a normal basketball game (fighting over a loose ball can lead to that kind of thing, especially if one person is far larger and stronger than the other), but if you watch the video and think everyone on the court is in the same physical category, you're smoking some good sh**t.  Now, obviously someone is going to be the biggest and strongest on the court, but:
1.it ain't usually as clear as this
2.I promise you, the more trans girls play lady sports, the more stories are going to come out like this
3.on the other hand, we're a big country with lots of people, just because we see more stories on a subject doesn't necessarily imply that "something must be done"
4.which puts me in the camp of "this topic sucks, there is no 'correct' answer, no matter what choice society makes, a group of people are being harmed, if it was up to me, everybody would play with the boys EXCEPT for humans born without a Y chromosome who are not taking performance enhancing drugs including gender transition hormones.  Which of course will piss off a lot of people, and to that I say 'fine, lets let the experiment play out in whatever states want to be liberal on the topic and see what happens' and that still won't be good enough for them, but nothing ever is, and that's a big part of the problem."
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 06:08:59 PM »

Oh what? You're suggesting that the team is cheating by having a trans girl on the team?

Please. I have seen this exact same thing happen in women's football that I umpire. Some of the I juries they inflict on each other are worse than the men's game.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2024, 06:32:06 PM »

while the actions in the video don't show anything particularly outside of a normal basketball game (fighting over a loose ball can lead to that kind of thing, especially if one person is far larger and stronger than the other), but if you watch the video and think everyone on the court is in the same physical category, you're smoking some good sh**t.  Now, obviously someone is going to be the biggest and strongest on the court, but:
1.it ain't usually as clear as this
2.I promise you, the more trans girls play lady sports, the more stories are going to come out like this
3.on the other hand, we're a big country with lots of people, just because we see more stories on a subject doesn't necessarily imply that "something must be done"
4.which puts me in the camp of "this topic sucks, there is no 'correct' answer, no matter what choice society makes, a group of people are being harmed, if it was up to me, everybody would play with the boys EXCEPT for humans born without a Y chromosome who are not taking performance enhancing drugs including gender transition hormones.  Which of course will piss off a lot of people, and to that I say 'fine, lets let the experiment play out in whatever states want to be liberal on the topic and see what happens' and that still won't be good enough for them, but nothing ever is, and that's a big part of the problem."

If high-school ball is this serious, perhaps height and weight categories need to be introduced to the game?

This touches on one aspect of sports, especially amateur sports, that I've always found insane. Obviously, in some sports, someones build matters a lot, while in others (50 meter 3x40 rifle) it matters less. Yet only a fraction of sports have height and weight categories.  But why, in sports where one's build matters a great deal and yet isn't accounted for, does no one blink at the idea that people who are barely over 5 feet are expected to compete with those who are well over six feet? Certainly, how you treat your body, and how you practice can have a significant effect on the end results. But why is one sex chromosome supposed to be some giant thing but the huge variety of human physiques otherwise (heavily impacted by heredity)  is so often of no concern at all?
LostFellow
LostHerro

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2024, 06:54:49 PM »

My (perhaps amateur) take is that the player on Kipp Academy just plays nasty and that players on Lowell Collegiate don't know what they are doing--like why is the player in the video even trying to wrap their hands around a firmly grasped ball at the net when she should be trying to block?

I doubt the lanky trans player has some supernatural strength that cannot be found in high school women's basketball. She should definitely be disciplined in some way for playing "injury-risking" basketball though. Plenty of big guys in men's basketball can injure smaller players if they play nasty and the smaller guys don't know what they are doing, so safeguards for all types of leagues in this way are needed (particularly for high school and younger).
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2024, 07:02:31 PM »

Why do conservatives always use adjectives as nouns like this?
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2024, 07:07:09 PM »

How would they like it if I referred to cis people as cisgenders? (I do on occasion, but that's not the point)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2024, 07:07:54 PM »

How would they like it if I referred to cis people as cisgenders? (I do on occasion, but that's not the point)

"Cissies"
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2024, 07:38:30 PM »

Probably.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2024, 07:39:30 PM »

Tbf plenty of people of various political persuasions do this, on a variety of topics. It's not uncommon.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2024, 07:43:49 PM »

"Cissies"

Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2024, 07:49:53 PM »

Stories like this are why I believe that there should be testosterone testing before people who are trans are allowed to play on the team as the gender they identify as.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2024, 09:10:38 PM »

Stories like this are why I believe that there should be testosterone testing before people who are trans are allowed to play on the team as the gender they identify as.
What is your threshold/cutoff for playing, and how many cis women would fail it? (Probably more than you'd think.)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2024, 09:14:59 PM »

The eye test is good enough.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2024, 09:16:07 PM »

This won't end until the girls sit down and refuse to play in solidarity against transgenders.

That’s never gonna happen.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2024, 09:21:57 PM »

opebo was not a conservative.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2024, 09:33:38 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2024, 01:00:50 PM by Vice President Elect Christian Man »

What is your threshold/cutoff for playing, and how many cis women would fail it? (Probably more than you'd think.)
I'm not an expert on it so I'd defer that to the medical community. Another alternative could be to start treating it as a contact sport, providing them with helmets and knee guards, although it doesn't seem practical.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2024, 09:42:26 PM »

I'm not an expert on it so I'd defer that to the medical community. I'd be slightly less concerned if this was a sport like hockey or soccer which is high contact and scuffles are to be expected, but basketball isn't one of them. Another alternative could be to start treating it as a contact sport, providing them with helmets and knee guards, although it doesn't seem practical.

A teenage boy playing hockey against teenage girls would absolutely flatten them.  There would be serious injuries.  That sounds even more dangerous than basketball.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies