Emerson: GA Trump +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:01:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Emerson: GA Trump +6
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Emerson: GA Trump +6  (Read 620 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2024, 06:52:37 AM »

GAinDC

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 09:01:22 AM »

Yup. I can buy Trump getting 48% of the vote in Georgia.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 10:09:25 AM »

The idea Biden is doing 3 points better in NC is absurd.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 10:11:27 AM »

“Biden leads among Black voters, 65% to 20%, with 16% undecided, whereas Trump leads among white voters, 63% to 30%, with 7% undecided,” Spencer Kimball, executive director of Emerson College Polling, noted.

Independent voter break for President Biden, 44% to 39%, with 18% undecided.
Voters under 30 are split: 42% support Trump, 41% support Biden, and 17% are undecided.

--

It's kind of amazing how two of these results are perfectly normal and realistic, esp compared to 2020 (Whites & Indies) while the other two are just absurdly off (Black voters + young voters)
Redban

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 10:12:27 AM »

Just like all the Republican primary analysts figured "Trump has 48%, so if everyone drops out, the one non-Trump candidate will get 52%!!!"

What happens, in practice, is that Trump will get some of the remainder too. It's not possible for Biden to get a 100% sweep of the leftover, especially in a field that will be crowded with third-party / independent presence.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 10:12:44 AM »

They had two S races in 20 and there is not any S race in 24 in GA that's why
Spectator
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 10:14:02 AM »

GA is not gonna vote 3 points to the right of NC. I can see an argument where NC votes left of GA due to higher turnout amongst NC Dems (exisistential threat of Mark Robinson winningthe gubernatorial race) but it won't be that pronounced.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 10:17:37 AM »

The Senate races do not drive presidential turnout, its the other way around.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 10:24:44 AM »

GA is not gonna vote 3 points to the right of NC. I can see an argument where NC votes left of GA due to higher turnout amongst NC Dems (exisistential threat of Mark Robinson winningthe gubernatorial race) but it won't be that pronounced.

There hasn't been two duplicates maps in a row
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 10:27:31 AM »

There hasn't been two duplicates maps in a row

No but rarely are there remtaches. Each candidate usually has at least a somewhat unique coalition. I don't think a duplicate map to 2020 is out of the question at all this year.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2024, 10:32:34 AM »

Generally speaking you are right and it's true that Presidential Races drive Turnout. That being said Georgia in 2020 was in a very unique situation that Reverend Raphael Warnock was running for Senate. On top of that he came from the same Church as Martin Luther King and combined with the Abrams Polilical Machine she built in GA during her 2018 Race against Kemp it helped Biden greatly to win the State and the Trump Campaign probably underestimated that.

I know I am repeating myself but if Bidens JA stays as low as it is right now he will not win States like North Carolina, Georgia or Arizona even against an unpopular & criminalistic former President like Trump. The Biden Campaign needs to do something about it because if Biden does lose AZ, GA and NC he has no margin for error when it comes to the Democrats Blue Wall Midwestern Firewall States. A loss in even one of those States (MN, WI, MI or PA) would give Trump the Presidency.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2024, 11:01:30 AM »

Generally speaking you are right and it's true that Presidential Races drive Turnout. That being said Georgia in 2020 was in a very unique situation that Reverend Raphael Warnock was running for Senate. On top of that he came from the same Church as Martin Luther King and combined with the Abrams Polilical Machine she built in GA during her 2018 Race against Kemp it helped Biden greatly to win the State and the Trump Campaign probably underestimated that.

I know I am repeating myself but if Bidens JA stays as low as it is right now he will not win States like North Carolina, Georgia or Arizona even against an unpopular & criminalistic former President like Trump. The Biden Campaign needs to do something about it because if Biden does lose AZ, GA and NC he has no margin for error when it comes to the Democrats Blue Wall Midwestern Firewall States. A loss in even one of those States (MN, WI, MI or PA) would give Trump the Presidency.

The Warnock race was a large primary on election day, everyone knew it was going to a runoff. This was not what drove turnout whatsoever.
GAinDC

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2024, 11:24:45 AM »

The Warnock race was a large primary on election day, everyone knew it was going to a runoff. This was not what drove turnout whatsoever.

THANK YOU!

People keep parroting this ridiculous argument. It's revisionist history.

And even if it was the case, Warnock is still in the Senate and will campaign for Biden this year.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2024, 04:40:52 PM »

Hes getting 51 vs Newsom and Harris.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2024, 05:36:55 PM »

Compared to the other 5 swing states, Georgia is very different - demographically and politically. For lack of a better analogy, if AZ, MI, NV, PA, and WI are running Windows than Georgia is macOS. It's the only state where high turnout probably helps Biden on-net, and college educated white women will be voting Trump by a decent margin.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2024, 07:11:58 PM »

Georgia is not voting to the right of North Carolina again.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies