Diplomacy Dreams
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 06:25:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Diplomacy Dreams
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Author Topic: Diplomacy Dreams  (Read 14650 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2024, 09:55:46 PM »

OK--- amazed that I was never contacted to participate since I played what I believe were the last (2) games that Muon2 hosted on Atlas and was consistently on the end.

So please somebody provide links to the rules and current maps, etc...

If there is a (24) hour TO time per move, might seem like a bit of speed chess on meth, especially considering all sorts of different time zones, time to do the whole behind the scene negotiating etc... which after all is what made it a bit different from even your standard early War Games from back in the dayz... (Thinking of you Avalon Hill with much love...).

I understand that France is open and it is 1901 build... if so am extremely interested so long as I don't need to be on a (24) hour gaming mode. Wink
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2024, 12:34:44 AM »

OK--- amazed that I was never contacted to participate since I played what I believe were the last (2) games that Muon2 hosted on Atlas and was consistently on the end.

If there is a (24) hour TO time per move, might seem like a bit of speed chess on meth, especially considering all sorts of different time zones, time to do the whole behind the scene negotiating etc... which after all is what made it a bit different from even your standard early War Games from back in the dayz... (Thinking of you Avalon Hill with much love...).

I understand that France is open and it is 1901 build... if so am extremely interested so long as I don't need to be on a (24) hour gaming mode. Wink
Good morning Nova, welcome to the thread. I'm new here and new to running Diplo so I haven't done the best job finding players! I'm just kind of hanging on for dear life. The maps/moves are in the earlier pages of the thread but I will post the most recent turn result with map for convenience.

We have been running it on a 24 hour basis thus far, with me adjudicating the orders every 9:00 PM EST. I kind of thought that would end up being too much time and people would get bored, but I suppose if others in the group want to extend it we can make it a longer deadline. Any recommendations or preferences should be posted in this thread ASAP so we can get this resolved and carry on with the game!

France is indeed open and we are on the 1901 Build, with France netting two builds.

1901 Fall RESULTS

ENGLAND
F Nwg-Nor / RESOLVED
F Nth C A Edi-Bel / RESOLVED
A Edi-Bel / RESOLVED

AUSTRIA
A Rum-Sev / RESOLVED
A Gal-Ukr / BOUNCED
F-Alb-Gre / RESOLVED

TURKEY
F Ank-Bla / RESOLVED
A Arm S A Rum-Sev / RESOLVED
A Bul-Rum / BOUNCED (with Ukr 1v1)

GERMANY
F Den-Swe / BOUNCED (with Bot 1v1)
A Kie-Mun / RESOLVED
A Ruh-Hol / RESOLVED

RUSSIA
A Ukr-Rum / BOUNCED (with Bul 1v1)
A Sil-Gal / BOUNCED (because A Gal-Ukr failed)
F Sev S A Ukr-Rum / DISLODGED (from Rum, 2v1)
F Bot-Swe / BOUNCED (with Den 1v1)

ITALY
A Pie H / RESOLVED
A Ven-Tus / RESOLVED
F Ion-Tun / RESOLVED

FRANCE
F Mao-Por / RESOLVED
A Gas-Spa / RESOLVED
A Bur-Mar / RESOLVED

Now entering Fall 1901 BUILD PHASE

ENGLAND: Two (2) Builds.

AUSTRIA: Two (2) Builds.

TURKEY: One (1) Build.

GERMANY: Two (2) Builds.

RUSSIA: Zero (0) Builds.

ITALY: One (1) Build.

FRANCE: Two (2) Builds.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2024, 09:34:45 AM »

I was a little concerned about the 24-hour turns going in, but so far I haven't had a problem with it (we've only played two turns, though, and the first one was 48+ hours). 

Perhaps a compromise would be to move to 48 hours for movement turns, but keep retreats and adjustments at 24?
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2024, 09:46:12 AM »

I'd have no problems with that arrangement GM! That would be especially helpful for me later this month when I'm looking at being a bit busy.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2024, 11:27:48 AM »

I was a little concerned about the 24-hour turns going in, but so far I haven't had a problem with it (we've only played two turns, though, and the first one was 48+ hours). 

Perhaps a compromise would be to move to 48 hours for movement turns, but keep retreats and adjustments at 24?

I think that's a fair compromise and will discuss it privately, but I'm giving our esteemed game moderator the final word on any changes.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2024, 12:01:16 PM »

Extending to 48 for movements but keeping 24 hours for retreats and adjustments is a perfectly acceptable compromise. I only went with 24 hours to begin with because I figured everyone would want it that way and it's what I'm used to playing.

Does that work for you, Nova?

If so, I will PM the rest of the players who have not interacted with this news and set the adjudication date when I've heard from them all. Hopefully by tonight!
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2024, 03:37:57 PM »

I would also support this proposed deadline change.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2024, 01:10:52 AM »

OK with me...

Muon2 had various links to how to post moves plus game rules when he was GM.

Might be helpful to share... Wink

Also not sure where maps are posted?

Muon was great at posting regular maps so that players could make moves...

I would be happy to represent the French 3rd Republic Tradition of 1901 under the new leadership of the Democratic Republican Alliance and the Popular Liberal Action parties with individuals such as Raymond Poincaré combined with more French Nationalist politicians, and apologists for the Monarchy such as Jacques Piou and Adrien Albert Marie de Mun.

So think I can live with the 48 hour moves and 24 hour GM response period, as are apparently all of the existing players.

Count me in after sharing the links to the rules and maps and then I will confirm via PM and then the clock kicks off?

Cool with everyone?

Really looking fwd to playing in another Diplomacy Game after quite a few years!
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2024, 09:25:33 AM »

Count me in after sharing the links to the rules and maps and then I will confirm via PM and then the clock kicks off?

You can find the most recent map on the bottom of page 3 Nova Smiley.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2024, 09:32:39 AM »

You can find the most recent map on the bottom of page 3 Nova Smiley.

Also, here's a summary of the game rules:

Just to be clear (because someone asked me about this, not to steal Jesse's thunder), the game play mechanism we're using is as follows, right?

- Players will send press to other players via PM, but may also feel free to make public statements here in the thread.

- Players should send their orders to Jesse (themaninthejinnahcap) by PM before each turn's deadline.  If they change their mind before the turn is adjudicated, they can send a subsequent PM to supersede their earlier orders, right?

- Jesse will adjudicate the turn, post the results and maps here, and announce the next turn's deadline. 

Have I missed anything?
Them's the rules. Players can also send me a message they wish posted anonymously in the thread, for Public Press.

I will try to be online an hour or more before each order deadline in case there are last minute order changes or questions. If ever I should be offline and there is some sort of emergency of that sort, Scott is usually able to contact me in person and you can ask him to ask me to get online if possible.

Re: the thunder, I need all the feedback and cooperation anyone is willing to offer to fine-tune this experience. As I said before I have never managed a Diplomacy game before, just played it a fair few times. I'm sure there will be some hiccups along the way that will be smoothed out and future games will be even smoother.

In a few hours the first turn, Spring 1901, begins. I will post the map with the pieces on it and the 48 hours commences for negotiation, planning, and ordering. I hope you are all ready for a daring display of gentlemanly imperialism!

NOVA, this is essentially the same game mechanism we were using in the muon2 games -- in which I recall playing as Turkey against your France!  What a coincidence.  (YPestis was also in that game, but IIRC as Italy rather than Germany.)  Jesse (themaninthejinnahcap) is using the same tool muon2 did (jDip) to adjudicate the results.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2024, 06:10:06 PM »

Thanks for covering for me, guys. Hell of a day at work today and I am only now getting the chance to check in.

Nova, if you can let me know tonight if you're in, I will start the clock at 9:00 PM EST tonight and 1902 will begin tomorrow at the same time, since Builds are still 24 hours!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2024, 09:40:27 PM »

Thanks for covering for me, guys. Hell of a day at work today and I am only now getting the chance to check in.

Nova, if you can let me know tonight if you're in, I will start the clock at 9:00 PM EST tonight and 1902 will begin tomorrow at the same time, since Builds are still 24 hours!

So if I get this right, basically if I join the game right now and send you my build orders now, then Spring 1902 will begin at 9 PM EST 3/7/24 and there is now a (48) hour clock to post one's moves, meaning the next set of moves would have to be posted by 9 PM EST Saturday 3/9/24?

Part of the downside of being on the West Coast is that some days I don't get home from work until after 6 PM PST meaning effectively not really an ability to adjust my orders for almost (24) hours.

Still count me in and I'll PM you my build orders ASAP...

themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2024, 10:25:35 PM »

So if I get this right, basically if I join the game right now and send you my build orders now, then Spring 1902 will begin at 9 PM EST 3/7/24 and there is now a (48) hour clock to post one's moves, meaning the next set of moves would have to be posted by 9 PM EST Saturday 3/9/24?

Part of the downside of being on the West Coast is that some days I don't get home from work until after 6 PM PST meaning effectively not really an ability to adjust my orders for almost (24) hours.

Still count me in and I'll PM you my build orders ASAP...

I will PM everyone to make sure that they all know the game is on. Due to the strange timing I'm just going to rule for this one Build Phase that I will be adjudicating it on 9:00 PM EST of Friday, March 8th. That should give everyone plenty of time to negotiate a bit and re-think their builds. Then Spring 1902 orders will be adjudicated at 9:00 PM EST on Sunday, March 10th. All Build/Retreat Phases thereafter will be 24 hours.

You being on the West Coast does leave the door open to some issues here and there, but I am confident if you can shoot me a quick message earlier in the day if it's a busy one or something, we can work out extensions without inconveniencing everyone. As long as we don't have last minute stuff where everyone's waiting, there is flexibility.

Looking forward to the continuation of the game and good luck!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2024, 11:00:53 PM »

FRENCH PRESS RELEASE:    3 Novembre 1901

TO: All Great European Powers      À : Toutes les grandes puissances européennes

By now you are all aware of the monumental shift in political power in our country with the rise of the Alliance Républicaine Démocratique, and a significant change in our Senior Cabinet to reflect changing political attitudes within our country.

Vous êtes désormais tous conscients du changement monumental du pouvoir politique dans notre pays avec la montée de l’Alliance Républicaine Démocratique et un changement important au sein de notre Cabinet supérieur pour refléter l’évolution des attitudes politiques au sein de notre pays.

Any previous political, economic, and military agreements undertaken by the prior Government are currently considered void until renegotiated.

Tous les accords politiques, économiques et militaires antérieurs conclus par le gouvernement précédent sont actuellement considérés comme nuls jusqu'à leur renégociation.

France is a country of peace and has no interest in starting a War of Aggression against any other European Power, although we understand there might be certain "sensitivities" regarding certain prior military adventures in recent decades.

After all, the La IIIe République, came about as a direct result of a failed war with our Germanic cousins, the era of Napoleon Ancient History.

La France est un pays de paix et n’a aucun intérêt à déclencher une guerre d’agression contre une autre puissance européenne, même si nous comprenons qu’il puisse y avoir certaines « sensibilités » concernant certaines aventures militaires antérieures au cours des dernières décennies.

Après tout, la IIIe République est le résultat direct d’une guerre ratée avec nos cousins ​​germaniques, l’époque de l’histoire ancienne de Napoléon.

We just hosted all of your delegations in Paris the other year at our exposition international and in good faith of continued positive relations with all of you, here are some film cans and movie projectors to reminds you of the glory of the 1900 Exposition Universelle.

Nous venons d'accueillir toutes vos délégations à Paris l'année dernière lors de notre exposition internationale et, en toute bonne foi de relations positives continues avec vous tous, voici quelques boîtes de pellicule et projecteurs de cinéma pour vous rappeler la gloire de l'Exposition Universelle de 1900.

We trust that you understand that although our intentions are absolutely non-hostile, we are more than willing to defend our interests if attacked.

Nous espérons que vous comprenez que même si nos intentions ne sont absolument pas hostiles, nous sommes plus que disposés à défendre nos intérêts en cas d’attaque.

The new Government has significant influence from the followers of Léon Gambetta, whose Father after all is from Genoa, Italy.

Raymond Poincaré, currently leads our Party, although there are significant divisions between our two factions, France will always stay united against any foreign invaders.

Look forward to all of you coming to Paris in the very near future to sample our food, wine, and naturally cultural amenities as well.

This will be a good opportunity to meet the new French Cabinet and President in person.

Le nouveau gouvernement bénéficie d'une influence significative de la part des partisans de Léon Gambetta, dont le père est après tout originaire de Gênes, en Italie.

Raymond Poincaré, dirige actuellement notre Parti, même s'il existe des divisions importantes entre nos deux factions, la France restera toujours unie contre tout envahisseur étranger.

Nous espérons que vous viendrez tous à Paris dans un avenir très proche pour goûter à notre gastronomie, à nos vins et, bien sûr, à nos offres culturelles.

Ce sera une bonne occasion de rencontrer en personne le nouveau Cabinet et le nouveau Président français.

We look forward to meeting you in person over the Month of January 2002 in Paris for talks.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2024, 07:18:11 PM »

In order to accommodate Nova's schedule, I would have no objection to moving the adjudication time back to 10pm EST, as was originally proposed.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2024, 09:23:32 PM »

In order to accommodate Nova's schedule, I would have no objection to moving the adjudication time back to 10pm EST, as was originally proposed.
We'll see what he says, I have no problems doing either one. I am sure he will appreciate you being willing to do it for his sake!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2024, 12:22:55 AM »

We'll see what he says, I have no problems doing either one. I am sure he will appreciate you being willing to do it for his sake!

Sorry just got back online after watching the 2024 Presidential State of the Union Speech.

More than happy to accept a 7 PM PST (10 PM EST).

Don't want to create needless strife for other posters schedules, but don't believe we have any current players in international time zones (Or Alaska or Hawaii), so appreciate a little bit of flexibility just in case there is an attempt at last minute negotiations regardless of if they might disadvantage or promote strategic goals.

Thanks all for the flex, since I would imagine with the accelerated move timeline it would likely be even more difficult to attract players from countries outside the Western Hemisphere.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2024, 08:30:41 AM »

Sorry just got back online after watching the 2024 Presidential State of the Union Speech.

More than happy to accept a 7 PM PST (10 PM EST).

Don't want to create needless strife for other posters schedules, but don't believe we have any current players in international time zones (Or Alaska or Hawaii), so appreciate a little bit of flexibility just in case there is an attempt at last minute negotiations regardless of if they might disadvantage or promote strategic goals.

Thanks all for the flex, since I would imagine with the accelerated move timeline it would likely be even more difficult to attract players from countries outside the Western Hemisphere.
Uh I'm in SGT time.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2024, 10:43:23 AM »

We’re not in the new turn yet, correct?
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2024, 04:34:42 PM »

We’re not in the new turn yet, correct?
Correct, tonight is the adjudication of the 1901 Build.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2024, 10:00:04 PM »

Deadline is up, 1901 Build results coming right up!
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2024, 10:07:31 PM »

Order Results:

Austria
Austria: B A Bud
Austria: B A Tri

England:
England: B A Edi
England: B F Lon

France:
France: B F Bre
France: B A Par

Germany:
Germany: B A Ber
Germany: B F Kie

Italy:
Italy: B F Nap

Russia:
N/A

Turkey:
Turkey: B F Con

Thus concludes the year 1901 and the beginning of Spring 1902!

The deadline for orders in Spring 1902 is 10:00 PM EST on Sunday, March 10th!
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2024, 11:46:37 AM »

3/7 orders received, a little over 9 hours until adjudication.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2024, 03:05:23 PM »

5/7 orders received, 6 hours left until adjudication.

THE TENSION RISES
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2024, 08:56:25 PM »

There's a clarification I am waiting for that may not be a big deal from a player I have already messaged. I'll give them a few minutes past the deadline in case they're just signing in at 10, but if I don't get a reply it'll go ahead. Stay tuned!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies