Diplomacy Dreams
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:02:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Diplomacy Dreams
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16
Author Topic: Diplomacy Dreams  (Read 14353 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2024, 06:40:58 PM »

Tim, it was nice playing with you for the time it lasted.  Sometimes a new game or hobby just doesn't turn out to be one's cup of tea.
It wasn't a new game for me. I have played it before. (with multiple sets of people and social circles)
I just was out of the loop too much this time around specifically and the format was changed from what I was used to.
I started off thinking I'd have to make an account somewhere...
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2024, 12:40:05 PM »

Is there any update on when the game will resume?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2024, 02:30:04 PM »

Is there any update on when the game will resume?

AFAIK GoTfan hasn't responded. Hopefully we get a substitute fast. If it's not him, we'll need to find somebody else.

As my good friend has expressed, these delays are unfair to everyone involved in this game. In this and in all future games, we need to establish the importance of commitment and deadlines.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2024, 04:09:50 PM »

If we don't hear from GoTfan I have a friend who may be interested! I can check once we know GoTfan isn't playing.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2024, 07:06:34 PM »

If we don't hear from GoTfan I have a friend who may be interested! I can check once we know GoTfan isn't playing.
Has anyone spoken to GoTFan lately? If he's been MIA then we may have to get your friend involved, I'm certainly eager to see the game continue as soon as possible. GoTFan can remain on the list and he has a slot in the next game.

Is your friend on the forum?
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2024, 07:18:36 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2024, 07:23:51 PM by YPestis25 »

Has anyone spoken to GoTFan lately? If he's been MIA then we may have to get your friend involved, I'm certainly eager to see the game continue as soon as possible. GoTFan can remain on the list and he has a slot in the next game.

He's on the forum, though hasn't been active in a while. I can certainly text to ask for his availability if you would like.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2024, 08:20:01 PM »

He's on the forum, though hasn't been active in a while. I can certainly text to ask for his availability if you would like.
I just spoke with GoTFan, he has a little too much on his plate right now. Corral your friend on in!
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2024, 10:06:40 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2024, 10:45:21 PM by YPestis25 »

Okay he'll let me know no later than Friday!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2024, 12:13:35 PM »

Well, hopefully we hear back before tonight...

In related news, I finally scored my first winning draw as France with 12 centers. Russia had proposed a three-way draw for me and Turkey, as far back as 1904 or so when Germany and Italy were still in contention. He did so again in 1906 when it was just the three of us left, but Turkey ended up auto-surrendering after not making any builds or moves in the Spring. I had assured Turkey Greece, which was not necessary since he could have supported himself there. Then Russia decided to stab both me and Turkey and try for a solo at the last minute. I was ready to tear him a new one had we made it to the Fall since he said he was, and I quote, "a drawist, not a soloist" and "not some lying c#nt." Well, we can see who upheld their end of that bargain, at least. Turkey missed out on a win in his first game simply by being inactive at the end.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2024, 12:36:00 PM »

Congratulations, Scott, but if I were Russia I wouldn't have taken a draw there (at least not yet).  There's a lot of play left in the position.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2024, 04:45:55 PM »

Congratulations, Scott, but if I were Russia I wouldn't have taken a draw there (at least not yet).  There's a lot of play left in the position.

Yes there was, but he set the draw himself with a game between three players and hadn't revoked his vote, so even if that was a ruse you'd expect him to cancel his vote. I guess he just wanted to end strong since it didn't matter. I'll note this was an unranked game. Not sure how that typically plays out psychologically.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2024, 06:03:33 PM »

Yes there was, but he set the draw himself with a game between three players and hadn't revoked his vote, so even if that was a ruse you'd expect him to cancel his vote. I guess he just wanted to end strong since it didn't matter. I'll note this was an unranked game. Not sure how that typically plays out psychologically.
Remember what I said earlier in that game, me breddah: everyone says they're not a soloist. Congratulations on him accidentally punking himself in mid-stab, though.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2024, 06:05:31 PM »

Okay he'll let me know no later than Friday!
I come from a province that farms dairy, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I'm from Quebec, and you have got to show me. Tabarnak de colisse.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2024, 09:50:35 PM »

Could people please DM me when (if???) the game is back on? I don't want to be taken by surprise when we get player 7.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2024, 12:41:30 AM »

Could people please DM me when (if???) the game is back on? I don't want to be taken by surprise when we get player 7.
When the game is back on, I will PM all players and make sure I get a reply from everyone before the deadline is reset!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2024, 08:18:09 AM »

If YPestis's friend doesn't join and you don't have any other volunteers, I suggest changing the thread topic temporarily by adding "Seeking New Player" or similar.  (To do this, go to your original post in the thread, click Modify, change the title, and Save.)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2024, 01:46:59 PM »

If YPestis's friend doesn't join and you don't have any other volunteers, I suggest changing the thread topic temporarily by adding "Seeking New Player" or similar.  (To do this, go to your original post in the thread, click Modify, change the title, and Save.)

It's probably worth doing this sooner rather than later, also. I'm concerned that as time goes on, more people are going to lose interest or forget about the game. We need a substitute ASAP, and the game should resume the moment a new person signs up.

It never ceases to amaze me how niche this game is even for Atlas. We're a site centered around political maps, FFS!

Since muon2 was in the last game, I'm going to reach out to him as well.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2024, 02:13:59 PM »

Sorry all I haven't heard back yet - but will let you know if I do before we find another replacement.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2024, 02:22:45 PM »

It's probably worth doing this sooner rather than later, also. I'm concerned that as time goes on, more people are going to lose interest or forget about the game. We need a substitute ASAP, and the game should resume the moment a new person signs up.

It never ceases to amaze me how niche this game is even for Atlas. We're a site centered around political maps, FFS!

Since muon2 was in the last game, I'm going to reach out to him as well.

NOVA Green and Cath also played in the game back in 2018, so you could try pinging them as well.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2024, 01:54:24 PM »

Any news?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2024, 02:08:47 PM »

NOVA Green said that he wished he had known about the tournament before, and I explained that the slots filled up pretty quickly. No further correspondence from him or Cathcon.

This isn't even like playdiplomacy where people surrender just as they're about to get wiped and leave any potential substitutes with one or two home centers about to be taken. France is off to a great 1901 start, so needless to say I'm frustrated.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2024, 02:18:11 PM »

NOVA Green said that he wished he had known about the tournament before, and I explained that the slots filled up pretty quickly. No further correspondence from him or Cathcon.

This isn't even like playdiplomacy where people surrender just as they're about to get wiped and leave any potential substitutes with one or two home centers about to be taken. France is off to a great 1901 start, so needless to say I'm frustrated.

I think it's time to change the title of this thread.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2024, 02:24:41 PM »

Maybe it'll be more than just Diplomacy dreams now.
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2024, 06:07:47 PM »

Maybe it'll be more than just Diplomacy dreams now.
Hopefully someone sees the new title and joins, before this dream...becomes a nightmare.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2024, 09:07:12 PM »

I created a poll in Forum Community to try and see how many players might be present in the forum (because I'm interested, and as noted above it seems like a natural fit).  I also conveniently included a plug for the opening in this game. Smiley

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=584330.0
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies