Some stats about the race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:30:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Some stats about the race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some stats about the race  (Read 470 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2024, 03:06:23 PM »

Tim Turner i think must the first candidate to be elected president while losing a plurality of his own party (despite getting the endorsement)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 08:54:05 PM »

Over 40% in Lincoln is higher than I would have anticipated.
The regional breakdown though in terms of overall winners is as expected.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 08:12:53 PM »

Never thought I'd see the South vote for a Labor candidate again, never dissapoint!
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 08:20:36 PM »

Never thought I'd see the South vote for a Labor candidate again, never dissapoint!
I think this might be the first time ever that the South had the highest second-round share of the vote for a victorious Labor candidate for president.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 08:38:13 PM »

I think this might be the first time ever that the South had the highest second-round share of the vote for a victorious Labor candidate for president.

Not only that, but I'd be surprised if a Labor candidate has ever reached 85% of the vote in Lincoln or Fremont, let alone the South.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 08:40:03 PM »

Not only that, but I'd be surprised if a Labor candidate has ever reached 85% of the vote in Lincoln or Fremont, let alone the South.
Yeah, that's probably a first, though I dunno, in a high tide election a Laborite probably hit that number in Fremont.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 09:16:05 PM »

The first several senate elections in the Pacific Subregion involved the Laborite getting literally 100% of the vote, not even any abstentions or meme votes. Truman also achieved over 90% of the vote at least once (and so did Scott on the same ballot): https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=360755.0
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2024, 09:40:28 PM »

The first several senate elections in the Pacific Subregion involved the Laborite getting literally 100% of the vote, not even any abstentions or meme votes. Truman also achieved over 90% of the vote at least once (and so did Scott on the same ballot): https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=360755.0

So it's a first for presidential elections, but not in Senate elections...
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 02:19:34 PM »

Scott got 91% in Fremont in October 2021 https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php?title=October_2021_Presidential_Election
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 08:17:34 PM »

I used my model to track the live vote changes and make these calculations as it happened, so there are certainly some visible gaps in the time scale. As you can probably infer from the trendlines on this chart, I was actively running these simulations throughout much (but not all) of the late-afternoon and early-evening hours every day during the voting period—less so in the middle of the night! If anyone’s interested in having me go back and collect more detailed data, though, please feel free to let me know.

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2024, 08:42:47 PM »

Scott got 91% in Fremont in October 2021 https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php?title=October_2021_Presidential_Election
My instincts were solid then.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies