Have you ever been contacted by a student loan "forgiveness" scam?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:23:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever been contacted by a student loan "forgiveness" scam?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you ever been contacted by a student loan "forgiveness" scam?
Yes, and I actually contacted them back and paid them.

Yes, I contacted them back but didn't pay them.

Yes, but I never replied.

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 3

Author Topic: Have you ever been contacted by a student loan "forgiveness" scam?  (Read 78 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2024, 01:01:41 PM »

All the time. I've had a laugh at a couple.

Just for the record, there is no such thing as any forgiveness plan that you can get by paying a third party, if you do actually qualify* contact your servicer, you NEVER are charged any type of "application fee", and anyone who talks about a vague "forgiveness program" without clarifying why you would qualify is a definite scammer, there is no such program, (the closest thing was Biden's that was blocked by the Supreme Court, and if he couldn't get that through why would some random third party company be able to?)

*Also if you're thinking of anything besides Public Service Loan Forgiveness or partial Teacher Loan Forgiveness then you probably DON'T qualify unless something bad happened to you, because the only other things that let you get the loan forgiven are if you're considered totally and permanently disabled, if your school committed fraud and there was some lawsuits over that they paid out, if you didn't take out the loans and it was an identity theft scam, or if your school closed and you couldn't finish. Some of those income-driven repayment plans are allowing for forgiveness after a 20 to 25-year period but for that there's no application fee or process beyond just renewing it annually.

emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 12:01:46 AM »

I assume so. Unless I'm expecting a call, I don't pick up if I don't recognize the number they can leave a message if it's important. I google numbers sometimes if I am curious and various scams are claimed by those who picked up and listened.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies