Nikki Haley to deliver speech today "about the state of her campaign"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 01:25:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Nikki Haley to deliver speech today "about the state of her campaign"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Nikki Haley to deliver speech today "about the state of her campaign"  (Read 995 times)
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2024, 11:47:47 PM »

Is the end near?

Redban

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 01:50:15 AM »

“State of the presidential race,” not “state of her campaign.”

I don’t think she will drop out. More and more, it’s looking like she sees 2024 as her one and only try. I don’t think she is concerned about trying to save anything for another bid in 2028. She’ll stay until she can absolutely cannot
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 06:23:17 AM »

If she's dropping out then the news will likely break at least an hour or two before.
mjba257
United States
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 07:46:57 AM »

It'll one of the following:

- A drop out speech
- An announcement that she's seeking the No Labels nomination (unlikely but possible)
- A thorough articulation as to why she is still in the race, despite the obvious uphill battle (i.e. Trump's legal woes, health, etc.)
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 07:57:16 AM »

If she does drop out, I guess the general election starts today. I never bought that people understanding it's Biden or Trump would save Biden, but we'll see.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 08:36:06 AM »

If she drops out, what will the Never Trump Republicans do?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 09:07:21 AM »

If she drops out, what will the Never Trump Republicans do?

Come home to Joe, hopefully
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2024, 09:49:06 AM »

I highly doubt she's going to drop out, but I wouldn't be all that surprised. Her campaign was doomed from the start, but I think she's vain enough to keep it rolling far past the expiration date.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2024, 09:50:50 AM »

I highly doubt she's going to drop out, but I wouldn't be all that surprised. Her campaign was doomed from the start, but I think she's vain enough to keep it rolling far past the expiration date.
Her Speech is in Greenville, at Clemson University. That doesn't sound like she is dropping out.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2024, 09:52:52 AM »

Everyone said she waited too long to come out against Trump, she said she would pardon Trump if she was elected

Why did she saw that she undercutted her own nomination
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2024, 10:07:20 AM »

I doubt she's dropping out. She has to know what the polls show yet she's dumping money here anyway. Her gameplan is to stick around in the event something happens to Trump. As long as the donors continue to fund her, she will stay in the race.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2024, 10:09:28 AM »

I doubt she's dropping out. She has to know what the polls show yet she's dumping money here anyway. Her gameplan is to stick around in the event something happens to Trump. As long as the donors continue to fund her, she will stay in the race.

Yup, don't think it will be a dropout either. She'll at least stay in for SC. Maybe annoucing that she would indeed leave the race if she doesn't win her homestate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2024, 10:13:54 AM »

Yup, don't think it will be a dropout either. She'll at least stay in for SC. Maybe annoucing that she would indeed leave the race if she doesn't win her homestate.

I don't think she will do that either. I expect a general speech attacking both Biden and Trump and highlighting all the issues facing Trump. She seems to be a bit more comfortable going after him even though she also does dumb things like promising to pardon him if he is elected.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2024, 10:22:28 AM »

I don't think she will do that either. I expect a general speech attacking both Biden and Trump and highlighting all the issues facing Trump. She seems to be a bit more comfortable going after him even though she also does dumb things like promising to pardon him if he is elected.
Haley will stay in I think until Trump reaches the 1,215 Delegates needed to win the Republican Nomination.

Haley could get Delegates down the Road in Michigan, Alaska, Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, Virginia, Colorado, possibly even North Carolina & Utah.

I heard CNN's Data Analyst Harry Enten say that the earliest possible Day Trump could reach 1,215 is March 12.
mjba257
United States
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2024, 10:35:25 AM »

I think it'll go something like this:

She will acknowledge the reality that she is not going to beat Trump outright. She's not stupid not does she live in denial. But she'll stress the point that Trump is facing 91 criminal charges. Regardless of whether you think these charges are fair or not, the fact is they exist and complaining about it isn't going to make them go away. Trump needs to deal with his legal woes and that will take up a lot of time, money, and resources that otherwise could go to a campaign. There is no way he can run an effective campaign for president while dealing with all of these court battles.

While I'm certain the MAGA world will scoff at her for saying this, the reality is that it's true and she needs to make that expressly clear. But the most important point she needs to stress is that there is a high possibly Trump will be forced out of the race, one way or another. From his legal issues to his health and Nikki must make it clear that should that happen, she is the undisputed alternative. And that is why she is remaining in the race, despite the polls.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2024, 11:23:42 AM »

Haley is staying in the Race regardless of the South Carolina Primary Results; Plans to stay in at least until Super Tuesday
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4478537-haley-says-wont-drop-out-regardless-south-carolina-gop-primary-result-2024-election/
Redban

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2024, 12:05:56 PM »

Barely one minute in the speech : “well I’m not [dropping out]”
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2024, 12:09:26 PM »

This speech is similar to her overall campaign. Boring and pointless.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2024, 12:56:16 PM »

This speech is similar to her overall campaign. Boring and pointless.
How do you deem a Campaign as "Pointless" when the supposed Frontrunner and Presumptive Nominee of the Republican Party losing Independents left and right to her?

In NH Haley beat Trump by 20 Points among Independents and the latest Emerson SC Poll has her up 8 among Indies in that State, 54-46.
mjba257
United States
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2024, 12:59:19 PM »

The speech pretty much confirmed my suspicion all along - she's waiting to see if something happens to Trump to take him out. Of course she won't say it out loud, but you can infer.

Of course, MAGA world on Twitter is speculating that the Deep State will @$$@$$!n@te Trump and Nikki is "in on it". go figure.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2024, 01:24:43 PM »

The speech pretty much confirmed my suspicion all along - she's waiting to see if something happens to Trump to take him out. Of course she won't say it out loud, but you can infer.

Of course, MAGA world on Twitter is speculating that the Deep State will @$$@$$!n@te Trump and Nikki is "in on it". go figure.

Yes. Nikki isn't stupid. She knows she won't beat Trump head to head. She just wants to be around if he is forced to withdraw then see what happens. I think the GOP will go with a Trump surrogate like Vivek as the nominee before they go with Haley.
VALibertarian
LordPhantasm8
Rookie
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2024, 01:29:25 PM »

We truly are living in a clown world when Haley will try to spin losing by at least 20 (more likely 30) points in SC and MI as some sort of momentum.

Agree with the assessment that even if Trump drops out tomorrow, Ron and Vivek have better chances of being selected over her regardless. This is an embarrassing vanity money sink at this point.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2024, 01:30:42 PM »

Back in 2016, the delegates to the convention had a lot of "establishment" insider types who would have been happy to hand the nomination to someone other than Trump if they could have gotten away with it. By 2024, the entire establishment is behind Trump and would give the nomination to the Trumpiest surrogate possible in the unlikely scenario of him being forced out, maybe even to someone who promises to resign in favor of Trump once elected.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2024, 01:31:05 PM »

She's absolutely delusional. If anything, she's just wasting everyone's time with this stunt. Trump campaign believes he'll have the nomination formally locked up by March 19th. She's screwing over the RNC, Trump/VP pick, and most importantly herself for any future political ambitions. I don't even think she'd win a senate primary for when Graham eventually retires after this campaign let alone become the nominee in 2028.
Most Sane Republicans don't want Trump as President and he will never be President. Give up!
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2024, 01:31:58 PM »

She's absolutely delusional. If anything, she's just wasting everyone's time with this stunt. Trump campaign believes he'll have the nomination formally locked up by March 19th. She's screwing over the RNC, Trump/VP pick, and most importantly herself for any future political ambitions. I don't even think she'd win a senate primary for when Graham eventually retires after this campaign let alone become the nominee in 2028.
Most Sane Republicans don't want Trump as President and he will never be President. Give up!

He was President from 2016-2020 and you voted for him twice.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies