NC: Trump +3 (E. Carolina Uni)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:41:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  NC: Trump +3 (E. Carolina Uni)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC: Trump +3 (E. Carolina Uni)  (Read 676 times)
Redban

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 16, 2024, 11:37:35 AM »

Trump 47
Biden 44
Kennedy 2
West 1
Stein 1
Unsure 6

https://surveyresearch-ecu.reportablenews.com/pr/mark-robinson-and-josh-stein-clear-favorites-to-win-nominations-in-primary-elections-for-governor-likely-general-election-matchup-tied
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 12:03:19 PM »

this is actually… reasonable…
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 12:42:22 PM »

Most reasonable part is Kennedy, West, and Stein combining for only 4%.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 12:48:28 PM »

The polls are slowly starting to make more sense, converge on 2020. If NC is within 3, there is no chance GA is not close.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 12:51:56 PM »

This same polls has Gov race tied
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 01:34:59 PM »

Yea this seems realistic but I think NC was never gonna shift very right wing. It's that eternal tilt R state and some D strategists have been saying it might be closer than GA. Not sure if i have to believe them for that. But at the very least it's a purple state that probably will trend left at some point again in the future.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 02:06:45 PM »

To Laki and Redban if Trump is leading by 3 and we lost NC by 3 pts in 22 it's a 303 D map, the polls polling Trump ahead are bogus
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2024, 02:19:20 PM »

Yea this seems realistic but I think NC was never gonna shift very right wing. It's that eternal tilt R state and some D strategists have been saying it might be closer than GA. Not sure if i have to believe them for that. But at the very least it's a purple state that probably will trend left at some point again in the future.

Nahh, despite bad GA polling, the trends for the blue team are phenomenal in Georgia. You have metro Atlanta getting blacker each cycle AND a major swing to the left among white college. GOP is also close to maxed out with WWC voters, any gains will have to come with non-whites and if polls are overestimating GOP with this group, it stands to reason this would be amplified in GA polling.
seskoog
United States
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2024, 04:59:29 PM »

An actually reasonable poll. This far out, I refuse to believe any polls that show results that differ by more than 5 points from 2020 in any direction in any state except Florida (where a Trump+9-10 poll would still fit in the expected range)
Spectator
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2024, 06:32:36 PM »

Stein probably wins any spread where Trump wins by less than 5
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2024, 06:52:21 PM »

Yeah, even if Biden does end up losing NC by 3, he could still win the election. Not implausible at all.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2024, 06:55:35 PM »

What’s the breakeven point for Jeff Jackson.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2024, 07:49:44 PM »

Like Biden+2? Mainly because Bishop is a pretty strong candidate though.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2024, 08:03:09 PM »

Seems to be an outlier, but throw it in the average.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2024, 08:09:09 PM »

I'm open to any well-reasoned arguments regarding this election cycle, but those Democratic strategists wrote that part of the reason Biden won GA last time is because Warnock was on the ballot. Pretty safe to ignore them if that's their reasoning. 
Spectator
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2024, 10:42:12 PM »

Bishop, the guy that almost lost a Trump +10 congressional district? No. Trump +2 is probably where I’d draw the breakeven line in that race.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2024, 11:04:53 PM »

Bishop, the guy that almost lost a Trump +10 congressional district? No. Trump +2 is probably where I’d draw the breakeven line in that race.
Special elections have weird turnout dynamics. In the November 2020 election Bishop ended outrunning Trump by a few points.
GAinDC

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2024, 01:39:11 PM »

I'm open to any well-reasoned arguments regarding this election cycle, but those Democratic strategists wrote that part of the reason Biden won GA last time is because Warnock was on the ballot. Pretty safe to ignore them if that's their reasoning. 

Warnock’s race didn’t heat up until after the general election. The real contest in that race before the runoff was between Loeffler and Collins.

Please don’t make assumptions about my state based on things that aren’t accurate
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2024, 03:33:21 PM »

Warnock’s race didn’t heat up until after the general election. The real contest in that race before the runoff was between Loeffler and Collins.

Please don’t make assumptions about my state based on things that aren’t accurate

That's what the D strategists thought.
GAinDC

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2024, 05:52:47 PM »

I read that article. They’re wrong

And even if they’re correct, Warnock will campaign for Biden this year
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2024, 05:59:59 PM »

I know they're wrong. That's why I said they should be ignored. Frankly, they ought to be fired.
GAinDC

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2024, 08:27:36 PM »

I know they're wrong. That's why I said they should be ignored. Frankly, they ought to be fired.

Sorry to get a little heated. I didn’t realize you were refuting that argument.

That article bothered me because I think it’s a really bad take on GA. They don’t understand what’s powering Georgia’s blue shift. And kinda seemed like they were jealous that NC was no longer the belle of the ball for Democratic campaigns. 
dspNY
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2024, 08:56:04 PM »

This poll kind of rings true to me (and the Marquette poll of Wisconsin that shows a tie). All the Trump +7 to +10 polls in the swing states are crazy outliers. It also rings true in the sense that the third party candidates aren't grabbing a crazy amount of the vote. Third party numbers always collapse when it comes down to the election
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies