Senate Campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:52:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Campaign  (Read 727 times)
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 16, 2024, 12:21:25 AM »

I hereby call on all citizens to kindly write in my name for Senate. As always, your support is greatly appreciated.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 12:31:41 AM »

Endorsed.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 12:34:20 AM »

Thank you Mr. Turner!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 12:37:36 AM »

Good to see new folks stepping up!
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 08:15:44 PM »

Endorsed by:
  • Tim Turner

The polls have now been open for 20 hours and this race is shaping up to be the nail-biter we all expected it to be! As of this moment, I am just three votes shy of being in a position to win election to the Senate.

However, I am confident in the preparation of my dedicated team of staff and volunteers. There is no group I would rather rely on to get the vote out in the most important election of our lifetimes! Let’s finish strong and ensure that we return a voice to the Senate who actually reflects the will of the great people of Atlasia for once!

Trust me, this race will come down to every last vote! Please bring your friends and family to the polls and encourage them to support my write-in campaign for at-large Senate!

If you live in Fremont, I further ask that you consider voting for President Spiral in the regional Senate election. He has done a wonderful job serving our nation, and I look forward to working with him as we secure many more important victories for the amazing men and women in this country.

Onward!
HL23

Quote from: item1
Name: (insert text here)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 08:16:00 PM »

Endorsed!
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2024, 10:30:30 AM »

Good morning Atlasia!

I am told by a number of highly knowledgeable and reliable sources that, as of a few minutes ago, we are on track to record a resounding victory on the seventh round of balloting! Keep up the great work, folks!

Our campaign has now received three first-preference votes and a whopping seven second-ballot votes, demonstrating our ability to build a cross-partisan, broad-tent coalition.

We are accomplishing all of this despite running a write-in campaign, not even being in the ballot itself, receiving zero backing from either the political establishment or any federal party, declaring our candidacy late, having only started campaigning after the polls opened, and never having run for, much less held, any elected office! I think this just speaks to the strength of the grassroots movement we have built, and the Atlasian public’s hunger for an honest representative rather than yet another selfish politician.

We are so honoured that our campaign has been able to inspire such an unstoppable groundswell of enthusiasm that spans thirteen states and counting. I am confident that we will win this election, but there is still so much work to do before we can reach the finish line. I know how deeply you care about our country’s future, so please join us as we ride this wave toward victory!

Finally, I would just like to take a moment to personally thank each and every Atlasian who has voted for me, provided me with encouragement, given me advice, asked me questions, or challenged me to be better along the way. You are the real backbone of this campaign, and I am humbled by the immense outpouring of support that we have received during this incredible journey. The people of this country are what this movement is truly all about, and we couldn’t do this without you.

The tired old guard had better watch out, because we’re just getting started here.

Let’s bring it home!
HL23

Notable Endorsements:
  • Tim Turner (Lab-PA)
  • Lakigigar (Ind-ID)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2024, 11:32:52 AM »

It ain't worth much and I'm pretty sure I won't be registering again for a while if at all, but it's the least I could do as a gesture for the kindness you showed me yesterday. Endorsed. Smiley
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2024, 11:13:49 PM »

It ain't worth much and I'm pretty sure I won't be registering again for a while if at all, but it's the least I could do as a gesture for the kindness you showed me yesterday. Endorsed. Smiley
It's a great honor to be endorsed by Scott.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2024, 11:31:00 PM »

Dear fellow citizens of Atlasia,

As you may know, the polls are now open in Atlasia’s February 2024 federal election. So far, this is shaping up to be one of the most important and consequential elections in Atlasian history. Our very union is at stake here!

I am running for Senate to stand up for the forgotten citizens of this country and return our government to its rightful owners: the people. Together, we can move past the petty squabbles that have defined recent Congresses and forge a new path toward freedom and prosperity.

But I can’t do this alone. As an independent write-in campaign, the entire political class stands in our way. They will stop at nothing to impede progress and hold onto power for themselves. It’s time we elected a fighter who will stand up for your interests, not just those at the very top. That’s why I’m asking for your support: the fate of our republic now rests in your hands.

If you haven’t voted yet, please enter the voting booth before tomorrow and fill in the blank with HL23 for Senate. Your vote will decide whether we step boldly into our bright new future together, or continue our once-great nation’s long and painful descent into irrelevance.

Let’s do this!
HL23

Endorsed by:
  • Tim Turner
  • Lakigigar
  • Just Passion Through
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2024, 12:21:10 PM »

The current Atlasian election has now entered its FINAL day!

We don’t have any party endorsements, nor have we sought them—because they’re a big part of the problem in Atlasian politics today. That’s why we’re running an independent write-in campaign outside of the party system altogether: because I don’t want to be beholden to party bosses in a smoke-filled room. Unlike the other candidates in this race, I will be free to act in your best interests, not at the behest of the powerful elite.

However, this also means we have no backing from the partisan forces that control our current government. In fact, they’re actively working to sabotage our candidacy, because they know how much of a risk we pose to their stranglehold over the institutions that are supposed to represent you, not just those at the very top.

We made a conscious decision to reject the status quo by declining to appear on the official ballot out of principle. However, this has also put us at a massive disadvantage in terms of being able to get the word out for our campaign.

Nonetheless, our message of people over politics is quickly gaining steam—right now, we only need FIVE more votes to make it into the final round of balloting! Will you help our campaign make history by being one of them?

Out of over a dozen candidates, we are the ONLY independent campaign in this race—no one else in the running is willing to speak out on the real issues that matter to Atlasians today. Please, join with me if you’re ready to help bring our nation into a new era of peace, unity, and prosperity, by electing a fighter who isn’t afraid to oppose the treasonous far-right SNP and their dangerous, regressive policies.

Luckily, there’s still time for you to help put our grassroots movement over the top in this election—all you have to do is copy the text box below and post it at this link. Here is the optimal ballot order to help elect as many progressive candidates as we can:

President:
1. Tim Turner-Christian Man
2. Sirius-Liminal
3. OSR-AGA

Senate:
1. Jay
2. Christian Man
3. Tim Turner
4. Lakigigar
5. HL23
6. Dwarven Dragon
7. Louisville Thunder
8. Ragnaroni

Feel free to re-rank any of these candidates as you see fit. If you’re registered in Frémont, please click here to vote Spiral for regional Senate and ReallySuper for Parliament as well!

Together, let’s end the negativity and restore faith in our government by delivering real results for the Atlasian people.

The time for change has come!
— HL23
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2024, 12:01:38 AM »

To prevent undesirable vote-splitting between unionist candidates, I am now urging all of my supporters to give their highest-preference votes to Jay and Christian Man, as it appears exceedingly unlikely that I will be able to win.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2024, 12:03:07 AM »

To prevent undesirable vote-splitting between unionist candidates, I am now urging all of my supporters to give their highest-preference votes to Jay and Christian Man, as it appears exceedingly unlikely that I will be able to win.

the voting is over, by any measure. You ran a good campaign for a 1st timer! Congrats on the likely win in the fremont parliament
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2024, 12:16:31 AM »

Well, it looks like the machine got to us. This was a photo finish in a race that remained a nail-biter all the way through, but unfortunately we came up just short in the end.

I share in the sense of profound disappointment that I know all of you must be feeling tonight. This loss is mine and mine alone, and I am deeply sorry for letting you all down. However, I could not be more proud of our campaign staff and our entire team of volunteers. I have been blessed with the opportunity to work alongside all of you. To each and every person who has supported, donated, or given their time to this movement, remember that you are the reason why Atlasia’s future remains brighter than ever.

We ran a clean, honest campaign, and we never once resorted to the under-handed, duplicitous tactics that a number of our opponents have been employing so gleefully. These behind-closed-doors horse-trading shenanigans are exactly why our political class has lost touch with everyday Atlasians. Over the course of my campaign, I have made a point of taking the high road and being upfront. From the very start, I promised to be transparent and let things play out in the open, where everyone could see it and judge for themselves. I am proud to say that I have unequivocally kept my word, despite the knowledge that I would inevitably incur significant political costs for doing so.

Putting my name forward and running for high office has been the privilege of a lifetime. I would like to congratulate each of my successful opponents on their victories, in addition to the apparent winners in the presidential race, Sirius and Classic Liminal. I wish all of them the best and hope they will serve our country well.

Tonight may be a sombre occasion, but progress has never been achieved without encountering some setbacks along the way. As one chapter closes, a new one begins. Rest assured that we will continue pursuing our mission as resolutely as ever. So please, don’t lose hope. Don’t give up. This movement will live on, because the fight for justice never ends.

Here’s to a better tomorrow.
HL23
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2024, 12:22:41 AM »

Well, it looks like the machine got to us. This was a photo finish in a race that remained a nail-biter all the way through, but unfortunately we came up just short in the end.

I share in the sense of profound disappointment that I know all of you must be feeling tonight. This loss is mine and mine alone, and I am deeply sorry for letting you all down. However, I could not be more proud of our campaign staff and our entire team of volunteers. I have been blessed with the opportunity to work alongside all of you. To each and every person who has supported, donated, or given their time to this movement, remember that you are the reason why Atlasia’s future remains brighter than ever.

We ran a clean, honest campaign, and we never once resorted to the under-handed, duplicitous tactics that a number of our opponents have been employing so gleefully. These behind-closed-doors horse-trading shenanigans are exactly why our political class has lost touch with everyday Atlasians. Over the course of my campaign, I have made a point of taking the high road and being upfront. From the very start, I promised to be transparent and let things play out in the open, where everyone could see it and judge for themselves. I am proud to say that I have unequivocally kept my word, despite the knowledge that I would inevitably incur significant political costs for doing so.

Putting my name forward and running for high office has been the privilege of a lifetime. I would like to congratulate each of my successful opponents on their victories, in addition to the apparent winners in the presidential race, Sirius and Classic Liminal. I wish all of them the best and hope they will serve our country well.

Tonight may be a sombre occasion, but progress has never been achieved without encountering some setbacks along the way. As one chapter closes, a new one begins. Rest assured that we will continue pursuing our mission as resolutely as ever. So please, don’t lose hope. Don’t give up. This movement will live on, because the fight for justice never ends.

Here’s to a better tomorrow.
HL23

You did good considering that you were a first timer and a write-in candidate. I believe you'll have a stronger chance if you declare for April and make it onto the ballot. It's a bummer you lost but I believe that the future for you is great.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2024, 08:18:50 PM »

Suggested Federal Ballot (revised)

President:
  • Tim Turner-Christian Man
  • Sirius-Classic Liminal
  • Old School Republican-AGA

At-large Senate:
  • HL23
  • Tim Turner
  • Christian Man
  • Lakigigar
  • Jay
  • Dwarven Dragon
  • Louisville Thunder
  • Ragnaroni

Suggested Frémont Ballot

Regional Senate:
  • Spiral

Parliament:
  • Really Super
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2024, 10:18:11 PM »

My bad. I’d meant to publish my final ballot suggestions hours before the polls closed, but Atlas kept bugging out for me on Sunday evening. Regardless, I’m surprised they only got posted just now …

Thank you! I definitely appreciate your support. Congratulations on your party’s victory in the Senate race as well!

Congrats on the likely win in the fremont parliament

I’d thought you could only run for a single position at a time, so I didn’t bother to explicitly drop out of the Parliament race when I announced my federal campaign for Senate. That’s why I was so confused when multiple people told me I’d won …
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2024, 06:48:25 PM »

First of all, I would like to begin this message by thanking President Spiral for the tremendous work he’s done over his two terms in office. I know I speak for the vast majority of Atlasians when I say that this country has been extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to benefit from your fantastic leadership. Congratulations on your successful election to the Senate as well. I know you will serve our country just as capably from your new perch, but I’m sure you’re glad that you’ll finally be able to take on some lower-profile responsibilities as well.

I also want to commend my unsuccessful opponent in the Senate race, Dwarven Dragon. You have truly been a fountain of knowledge in helping me acclimatize myself to this game, and I am very grateful for all the help and advice that you have provided me. I am sure you will serve this country very well going forward, whether from the Senate or elsewhere.

Next, I want to congratulate Nerd, RFayette, Adam Griffin, OSR, Fhtagn, Jay, Lakigigar, Tim Turner, Razze, and Louisville Thunder on their respective election victories. It has been a true honour to get to know each and every single one of you on a personal basis over the course of this campaign. To my knowledge, we all ran clean and civil campaigns, and I am thrilled to say that we were able to have passionate yet substantive policy debates as a result. You are all honest, smart, and hard-working individuals, and I am confident that you will find a way to work together and deliver real, lasting results for all of your constituents.

I would additionally like to single out my good friend Ragnaroni in particular. I am excited that you will be serving in elected office for the very first time, and it would have been a great privilege for me to be able to join you in this month’s incoming freshman class. Nonetheless, I know that your work in the Senate will be a great credit to both your party and your state, and I certainly look forward to following your accomplishments closely throughout the duration of your upcoming term.

I would also like to congratulate Koopa on their re-election as Frémont First Minister. They have done a terrific job in the role so far, and I am eager to get to work alongside them to secure even more victories for the people of this great region.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2024, 10:49:38 AM »

Leadership Election Results
& Senate Vacancy Nominations

With the allotted time expired, the votes shall be certified and counted. All votes cast by a delegate to this convention have been accepted.

PyroTheFox is elected Chair & General Secretary.

Nerd73 is elected Vice Chair.

Plato, TX, will be the site of the next convention.

With the re-election of the party leadership now confirmed, we will proceed to one final item for our agenda. As TimTurner was elected to the presidency as well as Congress, this party is entrusted with the responsibility to fill the newly-created Senate vacancy. As party chair, it is my duty to appoint a replacement to the Senate. However, following precedent with the December vacancy and to reiterate my commitment to open democracy, I shall allow the delegates of this convention to choose the nominee.

Therefore, the floor is now open for nominations for the Senate vacancy.

This shall follow a similar procedure to that of candidate endorsements (Bylaws, VI). Delegates to this convention and members of the Labor Party will appear on the ballot upon their declaration of interest. Non-party candidates may also declare interest, however they must have a Laborite second the nomination in order to be placed on the ballot. Following 72 hours, the nomination period shall end, and voting will commence.

I would be honoured to be considered by the Labor convention's delegates for their party's appointment to the Senate seat being vacated by incoming president Tim Turner. It would be a privilege for me to serve in the Senate for the first time.

I think appointing me to the Senate would be a good reflection of the will of the voters in the federal election earlier this month, as I only lost the seat to Tim by a margin of 0.003 votes.

I am also grateful that President Turner is supporting me for Labor's appointment to the Senate seat from which he resigned this afternoon.

I share points of commonality with each of Atlasia's main parties, but I think my overall worldview aligns fairly closely with Labor's on a number of key issues facing our country today. However, I would like to be upfront with the fact that, if appointed, I will not change my legislating style to more closely match Labor's political philosophy. If I am fortunate enough to receive the convention's blessing for this seat, I intend to serve exactly as I would if I had been elected to it—by always staying true to whatever I judge to be in the best interests of the constituents I represent. I campaigned on a promise to be an independent voice in the Senate, and I will never compromise on my core values regardless of the outcome of this vote.

I also will not lobby for the appointment, as I am opposed to interfering with another party's internal business.

Once again, thank you to all the delegates considering me for this position. I know I could never live up to Tim's legacy of historic accomplishments on behalf of the people of Atlasia, but I would nonetheless commit myself to filling the shoes he has left behind, one step at a time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies