Split ticket Counties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:34:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Split ticket Counties
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Split ticket Counties  (Read 261 times)
SilverStar
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 12, 2024, 09:30:15 AM »

Counties that will vote differently for Senate and President

PA:Trump/Casey Counties
Beaver
Berks

WI:Trump/Baldwin Counties
Vernon
Richalnd
Crawford
Grant
Lafayette
Kenosha
Racine
Winnebago
Brown

OH:Trump/Brown Counties
Erie
Wood
Portage
Trumbull
Mahoning
Lake

MI:Trump/Slotkin Counties
Clinton

MT:Trump/Tester Counties
Roosevelt
Hill
Park
Cascade

MD:Biden/Hogan Counties
Frederick
Kent
Tablot
Ann Arundel

FL:Trump/DMP Counties
Pinellas

TX:Trump/Allred
Denton
Zapata
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 12:36:51 PM »

Beaver
Berks

Erie
Northampton
Monroe

Vernon
Richland
Crawford
Grant
Lafayette
Kenosha
Racine
Winnebago
Brown

Door

Erie
Wood
Portage
Trumbull
Mahoning
Lake
Delaware

Clinton
Muskegon
Saginaw

Roosevelt
Hill
Park
Cascade
Lewis & Clark

Frederick
Kent
Tablot
Ann Arundel

Pinellas
Miami

Denton
Zapata
Collin
Nueces
Brewster

My list
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 10:41:13 PM »

Beaver
Berks

Vernon
Richalnd
Crawford
Grant
Lafayette
Kenosha
Racine
Winnebago
Brown

Erie
Wood
Portage
Trumbull
Mahoning
Lake

Clinton

Roosevelt
Hill
Park
Cascade

Frederick
Kent
Tablot
Ann Arundel

Pinellas

Denton
Zapata

Some of my nitpicks after eyeballing your list:

1. What exactly makes you think Trump will outperform downballot Republicans in Denton County, of all places?
2. I absolutely cannot see Tester winning all those counties yet missing out on Lewis & Clark (which voted for Trump by ~4 points).
3. Lake in Ohio is definitely too far gone to vote for Brown. And keep in mind it's not one of those stereotypical Obama-Trump counties, either; it voted Romney in 2012, so it's been more consistently Republican compared to Trumbull, Mahoning, etc. (both of which voted for Obama by north of 20 points).
4. Of the top of my head, I'm not very familiar with the margins in some of the other WI counties, but Grant County voted for Trump by 13 or 14 points, iirc. Yes it voted for Baldwin by quite a bit in 2018, but that was in a D wave and there's been rural bleeding since then. Keep in mind that it voted for Michels in 2022 and wasn't all that close.
5. I don't think Casey will do well enough to hold on in Beaver, tbh (i.e. I don't expect him to match Shapiro's performance, or come close enough to hold on to Beaver). I'd call it Lean R. Yes, he won it in 2018, but that was a midterm with decreased polarization; 2012 was back when the counties ringing Pittsburgh were far less Republican.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 11:46:33 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2024, 11:52:06 PM by SilverStar »

Beaver
Berks

Vernon
Richalnd
Crawford
Grant
Lafayette
Kenosha
Racine
Winnebago
Brown

Erie
Wood
Portage
Trumbull
Mahoning
Lake

Clinton

Roosevelt
Hill
Park
Cascade

Frederick
Kent
Tablot
Ann Arundel

Pinellas

Denton
Zapata

1. What exactly makes you think Trump will outperform downballot Republicans in Denton County, of all places?
2. I absolutely cannot see Tester winning all those counties yet missing out on Lewis & Clark (which voted for Trump by ~4 points).
3. Lake in Ohio is definitely too far gone to vote for Brown. And keep in mind it's not one of those stereotypical Obama-Trump counties, either; it voted Romney in 2012, so it's been more consistently Republican compared to Trumbull, Mahoning, etc. (both of which voted for Obama by north of 20 points).
4. Of the top of my head, I'm not very familiar with the margins in some of the other WI counties, but Grant County voted for Trump by 13 or 14 points, iirc. Yes it voted for Baldwin by quite a bit in 2018, but that was in a D wave and there's been rural bleeding since then. Keep in mind that it voted for Michels in 2022 and wasn't all that close.
5. I don't think Casey will do well enough to hold on in Beaver, tbh (i.e. I don't expect him to match Shapiro's performance, or come close enough to hold on to Beaver). I'd call it Lean R. Yes, he won it in 2018, but that was a midterm with decreased polarization; 2012 was back when the counties ringing Pittsburgh were far less Republican.
1.Ted Cruz will underperfom Trump,particularly with College students and minorties causing Denton County to vote narrowly for Trump and Allred,Allred also gets a minor home region
advantage
2.Lewis and Clark is a very likely flip for Biden in 2024,if it won't flip it will be a Tester/Trump County.
3.Tim Ryan only lost Lake by 6,you really think that incumbency+Brown's strengh as candidate+bluer year than 2022 can't close a 6 point gap?
4.Baldwin can run ahead up by 13-17 in rural Wisconsin,Hovde is just a more lame version of Dave McCormick and Clarck is nuts.
5.We already talked about it,Beaver is a tossup on the Senate race.
Casey is a strong incumbent and McCormick is a bad fit,Shapiro only lost Beaver by 4 in 2020.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 03:30:30 AM »

Beaver
Berks

Vernon
Richalnd
Crawford
Grant
Lafayette
Kenosha
Racine
Winnebago
Brown

Erie
Wood
Portage
Trumbull
Mahoning
Lake

Clinton

Roosevelt
Hill
Park
Cascade

Frederick
Kent
Tablot
Ann Arundel

Pinellas

Denton
Zapata

1.Ted Cruz will underperfom Trump,particularly with College students and minorties causing Denton County to vote narrowly for Trump and Allred,Allred also gets a minor home region
advantage
2.Lewis and Clark is a very likely flip for Biden in 2024,if it won't flip it will be a Tester/Trump County.
3.Tim Ryan only lost Lake by 6,you really think that incumbency+Brown's strengh as candidate+bluer year than 2022 can't close a 6 point gap?
4.Baldwin can run ahead up by 13-17 in rural Wisconsin,Hovde is just a more lame version of Dave McCormick and Clarck is nuts.
5.We already talked about it,Beaver is a tossup on the Senate race.
Casey is a strong incumbent and McCormick is a bad fit,Shapiro only lost Beaver by 4 in 2020.

She most certainly will not outperform by that much, cartographically beautiful as it would be if she did. Even with Clarke, 13 point advantage is really pushing it, let alone 17.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies