Biden trolls Republicans after Super Bowl
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 05:40:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden trolls Republicans after Super Bowl
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Biden trolls Republicans after Super Bowl  (Read 1353 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2024, 11:48:26 AM »

Big strategic misplays by both sides here. Republicans are absolute imbeciles for making getting angry for no reason at an inoffensive and overwhelmingly popular pop star, but Democrats shouldn't respond by ceding a different sane and normal position (hating the Chiefs) to Republicans
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2024, 11:50:04 AM »

Such a serious and "normal" president, huh?
You know, if you can't think of any way to spin a story to make Biden look bad or Trump look good, you can just say nothing? When you don't even have straws to grasp at, trying to grasp looks a lot worse than saying nothing
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2024, 12:00:57 PM »

Your party cult worships and is about to nominate someone again for President who does nothing but troll on social media. Might wanna sit this one out.

The F**k your feelings crowd sure are a bunch of fragile wittle snowflakes, and boy are those MAGAt tears extra salty today. Sad!
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2024, 12:44:36 PM »

You know, if you can't think of any way to spin a story to make Biden look bad or Trump look good, you can just say nothing? When you don't even have straws to grasp at, trying to grasp looks a lot worse than saying nothing

I'm not trying to make Trump look good.  Biden campaigned explicitly as a restorative president who was going to be a change from Trump's many indiscretions. That he allows his comms staff to indulge in this kind of juvenile, snarky Twitter discourse is quite unserious.  Why can't he just be a normal president like he promised?
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2024, 12:52:58 PM »

So true! I miss the sane and statesmanlike posts from Trump!

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2024, 02:07:52 PM »

I'm not trying to make Trump look good.  Biden campaigned explicitly as a restorative president who was going to be a change from Trump's many indiscretions. That he allows his comms staff to indulge in this kind of juvenile, snarky Twitter discourse is quite unserious.  Why can't he just be a normal president like he promised?

Even if that's your argument, there is still at least an order of magnitude difference in amount. Trump was spewing things this stupid or stupider from his Twitter account on a daily basis. The vast majority of Biden's Twitter is standard politician Tweets.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2024, 02:10:30 PM »

Based.

The photo they used is actually his official vice presidential portrait from 2013.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2024, 02:13:52 PM »

Based.

The photo they used is actually his official vice presidential portrait from 2013.

That’s what’s even more sad. “Brandon” obviously doesn’t run his own account, but his team is trying to recreate Obama-era magic that has long passed.

Emblematic of Biden 2024.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2024, 02:15:31 PM »

Based.

That’s what’s even more sad. “Brandon” obviously doesn’t run his own account, but his team is trying to recreate Obama-era magic that has long passed.

Every high-ranking official has professionals to run their accounts, lmao. Biden has bigger stuff on his plate than Twitter or X.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2024, 02:19:07 PM »

Gah, I am really hoping this doesn't become another bizarre cultural "issue" ala Disney/Marvel and this notion gets spread that anyone who doesn't listen to Taylor Swift is some right-wing incel.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2024, 02:33:34 PM »

but Democrats shouldn't respond by ceding a different sane and normal position (hating the Chiefs) to Republicans

It's not insane or abnormal to not hate the Chiefs.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2024, 02:43:52 PM »

but Democrats shouldn't respond by ceding a different sane and normal position (hating the Chiefs) to Republicans

It's not insane or abnormal to not hate the Chiefs.

Chiefs everyone has Mahomes, Kelce or Chiefs defense on their Fantasy teams don't let the hate fool ya, the country is in love with Chiefs but they don't want Chiefs to be another dynasty like Pats and we can be here again next yr. Kelce, Butker and Mahomes are unstoppable
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2024, 03:25:07 PM »

don't let the hate fool ya, the country is in love with Chiefs

The Pharaoh gets it.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2024, 03:47:57 PM »

Politics has become 7th grade.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2024, 03:58:50 PM »

He's governed exactly how he said, but since the opposition is nothing but clownish it pays to treat them just as what they are. Clowns.
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2024, 04:44:51 PM »

It's a dumb ad for frustrated political obsessives looking for joy in politics and who ordinarily get very little of that from a Biden presidency.

Part of the problem here is that Twitter once functioned as both (A) a newswire for serious press releases and public diplomacy and (B) a commercial social platform with a revenue model that is mostly based on delivering advertisements to users and selling data generated by user activity.

However, when you look at the content posted by any politician as of 2024, virtually all of it is geared toward (B). That's what the platform favors, and it's how politicians are all but required to communicate with the public in a democracy that is amusing itself to death.

I'm split on this, because I don't think it's fair to judge political figures based on how they communicate on these platforms. It's like judging whether a company's stock is a good buy based on their advertising. On the other hand, the reality is that people still treat these platforms very seriously. I wish we just could all agree that they are frivolous diversions.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2024, 04:46:19 PM »

Gah, I am really hoping this doesn't become another bizarre cultural "issue" ala Disney/Marvel and this notion gets spread that anyone who doesn't listen to Taylor Swift is some right-wing incel.

I think it already has become the opposite, that anyone who does listen to Taylor Swift is a liberal.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2024, 04:47:45 PM »

Even if that's your argument, there is still at least an order of magnitude difference in amount. Trump was spewing things this stupid or stupider from his Twitter account on a daily basis. The vast majority of Biden's Twitter is standard politician Tweets.

The way Joe Biden uses Twitter has nothing to do with Donald Trump.  Is this a race to the bottom?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2024, 04:47:58 PM »

I guess I am new to this conspiracy theory, but why would the White House care who wins and are there actually people who found that Tweet in any way funny?  Lol.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2024, 04:50:20 PM »

He has governed as a normal person, but since his opposition is moronic he has to fight them on their terms and that is by making fun of them.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2024, 04:51:07 PM »

I guess I am new to this conspiracy theory, but why would the White House care who wins and are there actually people who found that Tweet in any way funny?  Lol.

Yes there are.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2024, 05:09:55 PM »

Based.

...I mean... yeah, I would hope not? That would be a complete waste of his time. This is exactly why he has a communications team lmao.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2024, 05:41:30 PM »

Chiefs come back and win against the 49ers just like in 2020. The first portent of Biden being re-elected.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2024, 07:14:11 PM »

Chiefs come back and win against the 49ers just like in 2020. The first portent of Biden being re-elected.

Also the Virginia legislative elections.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2024, 08:01:34 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2024, 08:08:46 PM by Roll Roons »

Biden is incompetent and senile, yet he apparently rigged the Super Bowl for the Chiefs.

I think their logic is that because Biden is a senile old man who doesn't know what he's doing, it's the leftist WH staffers and the "deep state" who actually run the show. Back when Ron Klain was CoS, there was a lot of talk on conservative media about how he was the "shadow president".
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies