Republican Debate Thread -- Tuesday, June 5, 2007 -- 7:00 pm EDT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:10:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Republican Debate Thread -- Tuesday, June 5, 2007 -- 7:00 pm EDT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Republican Debate Thread -- Tuesday, June 5, 2007 -- 7:00 pm EDT  (Read 10110 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2007, 07:55:23 PM »

Here is the thread for the preview, then the analysis of the Republican Debate.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 08:08:26 PM »

Giuliani will try to scare NH voters on terrorism, but it won't work.
McCain will tell the drunken sailor joke for the 756th time.
Romney will appear sharp and win the debate.
Fred Thompson won't be there.
Huckabee will go over well and appear to be the longshot.
Paul will solidify his anti-war stance and win some NH voters.
Brownback and Gilmore will be invisible.
Tancredo will make some insane statement as he always does.
Hunter will appear tough on national security.
Tommy Thompson will once again make a verbal gaffe.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 08:11:25 PM »

Excellent pre analysis.  Insightful and knowledgeable.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 08:14:38 PM »

Yeah...I wonder if people are taking bets on if he'll make that joke again...
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 08:43:47 PM »

What joke is that?  The description doesn't bring anything to mind.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 06:09:47 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2007, 11:09:46 AM by CheeseWhiz »

What joke is that?  The description doesn't bring anything to mind.

Not sure on how it goes exactly, but it's the one about congress spending like a drunken sailor, and a former Naval Officer saying something like "as a former drunken sailor, I take offense to that."  I think that's it, anyway Tongue

I've heard him use it twice, has he used it any more than that?

Oh, and also, do you guys think Paul will take Dobbs advice and go on the offensive with Giuliani, or not?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 06:54:24 AM »

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be home in time to catch this one from the beginning.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 11:36:49 AM »

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be home in time to catch this one from the beginning.

I may not either.  Three years ago on this date I was in Aladdin's Resort in Las Vegas marrying my sweetheart, so we may do something special to commemorate the anniversary.  I mentioned that grabbing some popcorn and settling in for the GOP show would be a great way to celebrate, but she wouldn't bite--like most foreigners she's not a huge fan of the nationalists, though she is far more socially conservative and more security-conscious than I, she favors the Democrats, predictably.  Anyway we'll probably do something less overtly political to celebrate.  Guess I'll catch the rerun tomorrow morning on CSPAN, which means I'll have to stay away from the talking head shows tonight. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 11:40:50 AM »

I may not either.  Three years ago on this date I was in Aladdin's Resort in Las Vegas marrying my sweetheart, so we may do something special to commemorate the anniversary.  I mentioned that grabbing some popcorn and settling in for the GOP show would be a great way to celebrate, but she wouldn't bite--like most foreigners she's not a huge fan of the nationalists, though she is far more socially conservative and more security-conscious than I, she favors the Democrats, predictably.  Anyway we'll probably do something less overtly political to celebrate.  Guess I'll catch the rerun tomorrow morning on CSPAN, which means I'll have to stay away from the talking head shows tonight. 

Doing what you're going to do tonight is more important than watching a debate.

Have fun and congratulations on your 3-year anniversary Smiley
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 12:13:12 PM »

Doing what you're going to do tonight is more important than watching a debate.

Have fun and congratulations on your 3-year anniversary Smiley

^^^^

My excuse isn't as exciting.  Tongue  I'm just going to play volleyball, and hopefully I won't have a repeat of last year (insert image of swollen/bruised knee here).  HAHAHA
jacob_101

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 12:39:26 PM »

Who is hosting this debate and will it be replayed at a later time?  Anyone know?  Thanks.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 02:21:40 PM »

Who is hosting this debate and will it be replayed at a later time?  Anyone know?  Thanks.

CNN.  I'm sure it will, but I don't see the schedule for the rebroadcast on their site.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 02:34:19 PM »

For the Dem. debate on Sunday, they rebroadcast it at midnight Eastern, though that was a last minute schedule change.  It hadn't been announced ahead of time.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 04:15:52 PM »

Lets go Ron Paul! I'm sure he will have a lot more support in NH than he did at the Fox News debate in SC.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 05:19:11 PM »

Lets go Ron Paul! I'm sure he will have a lot more support in NH than he did at the Fox News debate in SC.

Open question that is a bit related to tonight's debate: how many anti-war Republicans does everyone think there are?

I ask cause I know quite a few anti-war Republicans and am wondering if anyone else sees that in their everyday life. I also wonder how many Republican primary voters will vote based on the war, cause if they did and they are against it, Paul is the only person they have to vote for.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 05:30:12 PM »

I am going to miss the first part of the debate because of a dentist appointment. I hope I can come in time for the second part.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 05:38:04 PM »

Open question that is a bit related to tonight's debate: how many anti-war Republicans does everyone think there are?

I ask cause I know quite a few anti-war Republicans and am wondering if anyone else sees that in their everyday life. I also wonder how many Republican primary voters will vote based on the war, cause if they did and they are against it, Paul is the only person they have to vote for.

Well, I'm new here, but I'm a Republican who is planing to vote for Paul. I'm not really happy with many of the Republicans running, and I think Fred Thompson is Wayyy overated. I'm rather unimpressed by him. I'm sure I'm the exception to the rule, however. Most people seem to be crazy about him, but not me. He looks mean.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 05:40:47 PM »

Well, I'm new here, but I'm a Republican who is planing to vote for Paul. I'm not really happy with many of the Republicans running, and I think Fred Thompson is Wayyy overated. I'm rather unimpressed by him. I'm sure I'm the exception to the rule, however. Most people seem to be crazy about him, but not me. He looks mean.

Welcome to the forum. Yes, I am a Ron Paul supporter.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 05:59:07 PM »

Prediction:  Romney continues to look like the only competent candidate in the entire field.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 06:07:55 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2007, 06:09:45 PM by Eraserhead »

Prediction:  Romney continues to look like the only competent candidate in the entire field.

Looks like your prediction was off. He blew the first question. I guess he turned half anti-war since he is in NH.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 06:10:18 PM »

Looks like your prediction was off. He blew the first question. I guess he turned half anti-war since he is in NH.

Next week's poll question: How many Americans know what a non sequiter is? Cheesy
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 06:10:40 PM »

Is he wearing dress shoes or flip-flops?
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 06:10:52 PM »

Has anyone noticed that Gilmore never answers a question looking straight, but always tilts his head way over to the left?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 06:11:57 PM »

Anyone notice that McCain is very monotone.  There's no pitch variation in his voice.
skybridge
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 06:13:06 PM »

It's early, but I haven't heard a straight answer yet, other than from Giuliani. Brownback always wears the wrong color ties.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies