Tonight's Democratic Debate Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:21:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Tonight's Democratic Debate Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Tonight's Democratic Debate Thread  (Read 6651 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2007, 06:12:30 PM »

Did anyone else find it amusing that you had a 1964 Goldwater supporter (Hillary) quoting Goldwater?

No because it makes sense that a Goldwater supporter would quote Goldwater.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2007, 06:14:32 PM »

Did anyone else find it amusing that you had a 1964 Goldwater supporter (Hillary) quoting Goldwater?

No because it makes sense that a Goldwater supporter would quote Goldwater.

Just kind of weird that she's a fan of the Republican who lost to the top popular vote (percentage wise) getter ever.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2007, 07:27:44 PM »

I thought it a little weird too that a daughter of the chicago political machine would even want to mention the traditional arch-enemy.  But upon further reflection I think it was classic Clintonesque.  I really liked her husband.  Voted for him in 92 and 96.  But her I can't stand.  She has all the sleaze but none of the charm he has.  Worst of all worlds.  She should just leave her old man alone to molest interns and such. and crawl back under whatever desk she crawled out from under.  Still, on this point she and he are cut from the same cloth, I must admit.  She's going for "centrist" imagery, and weirdness aside, it was probably fairly adroit of her.  At least it was good advice that she seemed to have followed.

On another note, I just watched the second replay and I must say I am more in the Obama camp than in the Kucinich camp on the twenty-minutes-to-decide-on-Osama question.  I think he gave about as credible an answer as one could give.  Obama, I mean.  Hell, I don't know.  I'm no fan of capital punishment, but this isn't an "international law" matter.  Osama attacked yankees, not earthlings.  And yankee courts, not earthling courts, take precedent so long as the Empire survives, imho.  Also, I like that he had the decency to recognize that "Dennis is right, we don't support assassinations, but..." this bastard killed about 3000 gringos and we don't need no stinkin' international court for that.  Or something like that.  Go B-man.  Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2007, 08:42:22 PM »

Nuts, I missed this one again Undecided  I would really like to see at least one Democratic debate but they keep being first, and once I realize I missed it I'm just in time for the Republican debate Tongue  So, do they have another debate announced yet?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2007, 09:44:44 PM »

Nuts, I missed this one again Undecided  I would really like to see at least one Democratic debate but they keep being first, and once I realize I missed it I'm just in time for the Republican debate Tongue  So, do they have another debate announced yet?

Monday, July 23
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2007, 11:17:27 PM »

Watched it now.

I thought Biden did a great job, though he could hold back on the yelling a bit.

Obama was probably the winner.  Neither Richardson nor Edwards were as bad this time as the first one, though I think they were still the last 2 places.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2007, 11:44:40 PM »

Now I saw it. 

Edwards was a little better
Obama was better
Clinton was still the same and predictable
Biden was really good once again
Dodd was still forgettable
Gravel wasn't as good
Kucinich was a little better
Richardson was slightly better but still pretty bad
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2007, 11:19:02 AM »

Monday, July 23

Thank you! Smiley  What channel will be hosting it?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2007, 11:23:08 AM »

Monday, July 23

Thank you! Smiley  What channel will be hosting it?

Wolf Blitzer mentioned it in his closing remarks, so I assume CNN.  It will kinda similar to the 2004 MTV's Rock the Vote debate, but it will be kind of a "You Tube and Google" debate, so it won't be your traditional behind the podium debate.

That's all I know about it, though I assume it will be on CNN if Wolf mentioned it himself.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2007, 11:25:15 AM »

These debates are all sponsored by CNN, so I they'll run live on CNN (as well as CNN en Español) just as before.  They will probably also replay the next day on CSPAN.  The most recent DNC debates ran on CSPAN the following day at 10am and 6pm Eastern.  Same goes for the RNC debates, one of which airs live tonight on CNN.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2007, 01:47:11 PM »

AFAIK, the next Democratic debate will actually be on June 28th, at Howard University (in DC) on PBS:

http://www.gwu.edu/~action/2008/primdeb08/pbs020807pr.html
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2007, 04:13:54 PM »

AFAIK, the next Democratic debate will actually be on June 28th, at Howard University (in DC) on PBS:

http://www.gwu.edu/~action/2008/primdeb08/pbs020807pr.html

Sweet. PBS!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies