Statement of No Confidence in Sen. DWTL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:14:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Statement of No Confidence in Sen. DWTL
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Statement of No Confidence in Sen. DWTL  (Read 2311 times)
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2007, 02:21:03 PM »

As I don't think the move to censure can actually do anything, and I don't think the court case can move forward, I open the forum to sign below to show their dissatisfaction with the Senator, you can sign to show your displeasure with his current behavior, or in support of his resignation.

I myself support both, unless he makes radical changes.

x Senator TN2024
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 02:26:37 PM »

You say that censure cannot do anything, but at the same time I am compelled to ask: What does a Statement of No Confidence do differently?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 02:27:56 PM »

I don't think the court case can move forward

Why not?
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 02:28:13 PM »

You say that censure cannot do anything, but at the same time I am compelled to ask: What does a Statement of No Confidence do differently?

This is to show a majority of the Senate (and citizens) hold no confidence in his current state and would ask him to resign, if you feel the censure was the same thing, I think they could have been more specific, I don't want to quiet him, I want him gone.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 02:44:03 PM »

Although this doesn't do anything, I would be glad to sign a petition to show displeasure with his current behavior.

However, I will not sign a petition in support of his resignation.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 02:46:56 PM »

X Dr. Cynic

I sign this because I don't believe he has been a decent Senator. I support the Senate's right to censure him if they please.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 02:52:41 PM »

Although this doesn't do anything, I would be glad to sign a petition to show displeasure with his current behavior.

However, I will not sign a petition in support of his resignation.

You are open to do either.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 03:13:08 PM »

I have no confidence in Senator TN2024 for being a flip-flopper and backstabber
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 03:26:05 PM »

You continue to prove you are nothing but a petty child, I really reccomend you resign, I don't think you fully understand what's going on yet.

Listen, when I was your age I joined the forum too, as a matter of fact when I joined a few years ago I think I was about the same age as you were when you joined. Phil and Flyers will back me up that I was very abrasive, to the trollish level even, and the forum vets told me to quiet down, I did so, and even put off joining Atlasia until last year, when
I could fully understand what was going on.

Ask them, I changed, I think you need to do so now, or take a break for a while, I've nothing against you personally, I was just like you, don't ruin your chance to hold office in the future.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 03:36:23 PM »

x BRTD
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 04:19:20 PM »

You continue to prove you are nothing but a petty child, I really reccomend you resign, I don't think you fully understand what's going on yet.

Listen, when I was your age I joined the forum too, as a matter of fact when I joined a few years ago I think I was about the same age as you were when you joined. Phil and Flyers will back me up that I was very abrasive, to the trollish level even, and the forum vets told me to quiet down, I did so, and even put off joining Atlasia until last year, when

Ask them, I changed, I think you need to do so now, or take a break for a while, I've nothing against you personally, I was just like you, don't ruin your chance to hold office in the future.

I'm not saying you should resign, DWTL, but the Senator has a point. You need to tune it down.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 04:42:12 PM »

If I actually did anything besides representing the interests my constituents without breaking any rules (except an uninforced one) I would gladly resign.  There is no way you can possibly say you have nothing against me personally and then request that I leave office.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 05:02:50 PM »

There is no way you can possibly say you have nothing against me personally and then request that I leave office.

I have nothing personal against you, but I request you leave office.

Either that or respond to the things being said about you, do not hide behind your "constituents" that's nonsense and you know it, there is no great outcry by your region for what you have proposed, indeed, I would expect the exact opposite to be true in most cases. How you choose to listen to your citizens is of course irrelevent, if they don't like you they can remove you in the next election. However your conduct in the Senate has been awful, and in mine and many others opinions, counter-productive. We ask that you give in to some of our demands.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 05:12:44 PM »

The idea for the Voter Fairness Amendment was proposed by SPC
The idea to impeach Porce was something VP Keystone Phil requested
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 05:22:41 PM »

I still stand by that and others supported it. Don't try to shield yourself by trying to throw all blame at me.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 05:30:23 PM »

None of this has anything to do with the main point, you're representing yourself, which is up to you, but also no excuse for your behavior.

Address the matter at hand please.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 05:32:27 PM »

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 05:35:11 PM »

I still stand by that and others supported it. Don't try to shield yourself by trying to throw all blame at me.

I'm not deflecting blame on you, I am simply answering TN2024 you said I was hiding behind my constituents, implying that no one actually asked me those things
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 05:40:33 PM »

I'll answer that in a PM if you don't mind
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 09:19:13 PM »

I don't remember proposing that to you, but I do remember that you proposed that shortly after some ballots that cast their votes for me were invalidated because they were edited.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 03:58:04 PM »

In light of his recent legislative proposals, and Sen. DWTL's reaction to the rejection of his proposals, and also due to the quality of proposed bills upcoming by the Senator, I ask that the other members of the Senate again evaluate their opinion of DWTL and sign this statement, his actions this week have been abhorrent, and by the looks of the horrendous legislation forthcoming, things will only get worse. Take action now, this is not something that will just go away.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 11:36:16 PM »

X Mideast Lt. Governor Hashemite
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 10:57:09 AM »

x senseiofj
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 12:07:29 PM »

This is going to be a fun rest of the senate!  TN2024, your opinion does not govern Atlasia
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 01:25:40 PM »

This is going to be a fun rest of the senate!  TN2024, your opinion does not govern Atlasia

Again, you are stating something that has nothing to do with the matter at hand, no one has said my opinion governs Atlasia, so your statement above has nothing to do with anything important.

As Senators and Citizens alike continue to desire a correction in your behavior, and as your bills are constantly labled flippant and are voted down, the only question is, how will you react?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies