Biden couldn't remember when he was vice president or when his son died
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:38:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden couldn't remember when he was vice president or when his son died
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Biden couldn't remember when he was vice president or when his son died  (Read 2630 times)
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2024, 11:56:47 PM »

I always chalked up the "Beau died in Iraq" stuff to being a weird Biden-ism about how he may have got cancer from exposure to burn pits or something… (snipped)

I still think this tbh. My mom has said that my cousin died when he crashed his prized car despite being physically unharmed in the crash (he died a couple months later). I’d argue that the same cousin died years before, when his husband died. He was never really the same after that and I think that’s where Biden is coming from when he says that Beau died in Iraq.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2024, 12:31:24 AM »

It's so hard to tell what is real from what is scripted from the corrupt uniparty these days, but consider this possibility - Biden plays up the "demenza senile" to special counsel so he can get a sympathetic farewell, while the DNC installs Newsom/Whitmer/whomever to replace him without severe backlash or a real primary contest.

...On the other side, I think there is a real possibility DeSantis was set up as a tomato can (knowingly or unknowingly) for Trump to beat up on and look good in the primaries.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2024, 12:35:20 AM »

It's so hard to tell what is real from what is scripted from the corrupt uniparty these days, but consider this possibility - Biden plays up the "demenza senile" to special counsel so he can get a sympathetic farewell, while the DNC installs Newsom/Whitmer/whomever to replace him without severe backlash or a real primary contest.

...On the other side, I think there is a real possibility DeSantis was set up as a tomato can (knowingly or unknowingly) for Trump to beat up on and look good in the primaries.

There's the theory that Bill Clinton talked Trump into running in 2016 to help Hillary but Trump accidentally won.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2024, 02:34:18 AM »

There's the theory that Bill Clinton talked Trump into running in 2016 to help Hillary but Trump accidentally won.

You're still mad over the Clintons? lol
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2024, 02:39:42 AM »

You're still mad over the Clintons? lol

He is a Trump voter now, so no surprise.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2024, 02:59:41 AM »

I hope that people who throw around the word dementia know that it’s a real slap in the face to anyone who knows what the disease actually looks and feels like.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2024, 03:33:27 AM »

They’re both in cognitive decline. Trump thinks he ran against Obama and George W. Bush. But for whatever reason, these two men are who Americans want to run against each other.

I like Biden and think he has been a good president, but neither candidates are ideal, especially re-electing Trump
Trump's cognitive abilities are also on the decline, no one is denying that. However, he is 4 years younger and he is still noticeably sharper than Biden was around 6 years ago. Trump at the end of his second term would probably be dimmer than his current self, but still roughly on par with what Biden was in 2020/21. Biden's mental state has declined significantly that I shudder to think about how he would be by the end of his 2nd term in 2029.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2024, 03:50:34 AM »

Biden's mental state has declined significantly that I shudder to think about how he would be by the end of his 2nd term in 2029.

It’s okay, I can tell you the gist of it: he’ll have his patriotism in tact, unlike Trump at the end of his term.

There really is no argument against Biden which can’t be countered with, “well at least he’s not a traitor like Donald Trump.”
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2024, 04:02:48 AM »

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2024, 04:28:59 AM »

The question was never whether you trust Biden to be enough fit to serve. The question is whether you beieve Biden is less fit than Trump to serve.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2024, 07:50:43 AM »

The question was never whether you trust Biden to be enough fit to serve. The question is whether you beieve Biden is less fit than Trump to serve.

Yep.

Even a senile Biden (he’s not, but for the sake of argument) wouldn’t betray his oath and try to overthrow democracy.

Trump has already done that and will no doubt try again if given the chance.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2024, 08:21:37 AM »

Whichever handlers thought putting Biden out there in a hastily arranged presser should be dismissed.

Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2024, 08:25:27 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2024, 08:31:58 AM by Open Source Intelligence »

I hope that people who throw around the word dementia know that it’s a real slap in the face to anyone who knows what the disease actually looks and feels like.

My grandparents had dementia and there was a lot of bringing people from the past into now/bringing people from now into the past as their understanding of the passage of time completely disappeared.

I think both would be less fit to serve than a third name on the ballot, so of course the Biden campaign are instructing Democrats at state level to make it difficult to have a third alternative considered credible on the ballot.

One of the basic fundamental duties of American citizens is when your name gets picked by lottery, you serve jury duty. Would Joe Biden if he was not President and was a retired man with the same mental attributes be deemed fit to serve on a jury deciding a person's guilt in a crime? If your answer is no, then in your opinion Section 4 of the 25th Amendment should be invoked by Cabinet.

I however am fully on board with text similar to this becoming the 28th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution:

"No individual who shall at the start of their term for elected office be 75 years old is eligible for election to a federal office.

This amendment shall take effect no earlier than January 20th, 2029."
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2024, 08:31:45 AM »

My grandparents had dementia and there was a lot of bringing people from the past into now/bringing people from now into the past as their understanding of the passage of time completely disappeared.

I think both would be less fit to serve than a third name on the ballot, so of course the Biden campaign are instructing Democrats at state level to make it difficult to have a third alternative considered credible on the ballot.

One of the basic fundamental duties of American citizens is when your name gets picked by lottery, you serve jury duty. Would Joe Biden if he was not President and was a retired man with the same mental attributes be deemed fit to serve on a jury deciding a person's guilt in a crime? If your answer is no, then in your opinion Section 4 of the 25th Amendment should be invoked by Cabinet.

Of course he’d be more than fit to serve on a jury.  What are you even talking about?
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2024, 09:01:54 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2024, 09:07:04 AM by Open Source Intelligence »

Whichever handlers thought putting Biden out there in a hastily arranged presser should be dismissed.

I think they believed they didn't have a choice. It's his greatest vulnerability for reelection and they had to nip it in the bud.

Really if you asked me, I'd have anonymous staffers lie and tell all the press "we made the Ronald Reagan defense of act like a friendly elderly man to diffuse any scandal". Lorne Michaels has always said portraying Reagan was difficult for Saturday Night Live, but the best skit they ever had of Reagan was post-Iran Contra they have Reagan with press and children acting like a friendly grandpa that didn't know anything, but when they disappeared he became this diabolical scheming mastermind. It'd be kind of leaning into the Dark Brandon persona that online Democrats have invented for him, although doing such would indicate there was something in the classified docs that would drive such a defense when there was probably little real there.

Biden though doesn't even do pressers. A New York Times article from April 2023 saying that in the 100 years since Calvin Coolidge took office, only Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan had fewer press conferences per year than Biden. It also says he's granted the least interviews to journalists since Reagan. For his first two years in office, he gave 54. In comparison, Trump gave 202 and Obama 275. (Bear in mind the complaints about Obama coming to the end of his presidency was his administration gave little transparency of the government to the press. Then Trump became President and that was all forgotten due to Trump's openly hostile relationship.) All these events are of course unscripted, and the campaign's anonymous private response is to cut down on gaffes from Biden. But it can also serve to help protect his mental acuity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/21/us/politics/biden-public-appearances-media.html

I really wonder what foreign intelligence/diplomats say and think to their own governments in memos that are never meant to go public. Probably the most honest takes you get of what figures in a government are like are from other governments.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2024, 09:21:57 AM »

Trump is no better, he just presents it better. How many times has he forgotten things or mistaken names?

I do know that a senile Biden will not attempt to overthrow our government and install himself as dictator. That is all that matters to me in this election.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2024, 09:32:42 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2024, 09:42:05 AM by Open Source Intelligence »

Trump is no better, he just presents it better. How many times has he forgotten things or mistaken names?

I do know that a senile Biden will not attempt to overthrow our government and install himself as dictator. That is all that matters to me in this election.

Or vote for someone else since the Democrats and Republicans will have failed at their jobs of nominating good qualified candidates.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2024, 10:43:28 AM »

I understand, Dukey, but can you really live with real possibility of a President Kamala?

Hell, vote RFK instead!  Wink
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2024, 10:44:24 AM »

Trump literally doesn't present it better. Everything that comes out of his mouth is total word salad, half the time you can barely even make out the point he was trying to get across. The only difference is that Trump has been this way for years so everyone tunes it out for some unbeknownst reason.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2024, 01:26:39 PM »

Lets appoint a partisan Republican special counsel to investigate us and then when he issues a partisan Republican report let’s hold a prime time Thursday night press conference to headline the report for the American people.

This is blatant political malpractice
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2024, 01:32:59 PM »

I understand, Dukey, but can you really live with real possibility of a President Kamala?

It’s the same scenario though and it doesn’t matter so long as Trump isn’t allowed back into office. Harris as president is by far a better reality than having a man who has already tried to overthrow the government.

And voting for RFK increases Trump’s odds of winning.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2024, 01:35:55 PM »

It’s the same scenario though and it doesn’t matter so long as Trump isn’t allowed back into office. Harris as president is by far a better reality than having a man who has already tried to overthrow the government.

And voting for RFK increases Trump’s odds of winning.

You people still don't understand that Trump cultists have no problem overthrowing the government and establishing a dictatorship as long as its their team that does it.
You should have taken the hint by the fact that they consider the last three Democratic presidents to be illegitimate usurpers.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2024, 02:12:01 PM »

Lets appoint a partisan Republican special counsel to investigate us and then when he issues a partisan Republican report let’s hold a prime time Thursday night press conference to headline the report for the American people.

Democrats need to change their attitude and get into streetfighter mode. They've appointed Republican special counsels before (like Starr) while no Republican president was never investigated by a Democrat. I guess the reason is they believe it gives the investigation more credibility, though neither the public nor the media award them for it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2024, 02:23:38 PM »

Democrats need to change their attitude and get into streetfighter mode. They've appointed Republican special counsels before (like Starr) while no Republican president was never investigated by a Democrat. I guess the reason is they believe it gives the investigation more credibility, though neither the public nor the media award them for it.

Nixon was investigated by Archibald Cox.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2024, 02:32:16 PM »

Nixon was investigated by Archibald Cox.

Cox was the last Democrat to be appointed special counsel. 1973
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies