Biden couldn't remember when he was vice president or when his son died
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:16:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden couldn't remember when he was vice president or when his son died
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Biden couldn't remember when he was vice president or when his son died  (Read 2625 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2024, 04:46:30 PM »

Unfortunately for Republicans the general public doesn't read these sort of reports just like what happened with the Mueller Report. The only people reading this are ones who are terminally online.

With that said, I would vote for Joe Biden if he was dead. And that's not even my quote, that's from an an actual elected official who is much less liberal than me (and no, I'm not saying their name so you all can harass them).

But they do listen to what Fox News says
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2024, 04:50:53 PM »

Btw Biden is speaking RN and is doing quite well if anyone cares
omar04

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2024, 04:52:04 PM »

Still far more coherent and lucid than Trump is on his best day

Not that I even consider this partisan hack’s report credible.

How is he a hack? He sounds perfectly qualified as a previous ADA and his participation in the Mueller investigation.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2024, 04:52:40 PM »

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2024, 04:54:22 PM »

Unfortunately for Republicans the general public doesn't read these sort of reports just like what happened with the Mueller Report. The only people reading this are ones who are terminally online.

With that said, I would vote for Joe Biden if he was dead. And that's not even my quote, that's from an an actual elected official who is much less liberal than me (and no, I'm not saying their name so you all can harass them).

Even mainstream media has reported on that part of the report. Of course, Fox News will make sure they drum it into everyone's head, and mainstream media will cover what Fox News is saying because they are so culturally and politically relevant. Regardless of veracity or context, this will hurt Biden politically.

They will pop some champagne corks at Mar-a-Lago tonight, and Democrats will be thinking when they will have to ask Gavin Newsom to get dressed to come in the game.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2024, 04:55:09 PM »

But those aren't the voters that are deciding this election. If voters not being tuned in ever had a positive effect then it would be with something like this.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2024, 05:00:32 PM »

If true, that's pretty dire.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2024, 05:10:11 PM »

It needs clarification and/or verfication, but hard to deny that it's extremely bad optics at this point.

It just confirms what everyone knows.

No one is practically President, that's why everything looks like out of control.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2024, 05:11:53 PM »

I get a similar feeling from this as I did from the Tara Reade allegations back in 2020. (See this post of mine from back then.) At the time, I really thought (mostly from spending time on Atlas) that the Reade allegations would be a major issue of the 2020 election, something that Biden would be asked about at every campaign stop and that Trump would make loads of ads about. And then it just never materialized, which I shouldn't have been surprised about, since it was always something you had to deliberately look up to find.

Ditto with this story. If you just Google "Hurr Biden" or "Biden memory," right now there's one Business Insider story that alludes to what is talked about here in its headline, but most just say something to the effect of "Biden will not be charged," or "Special counsel issues report on Biden docs" which... you have to imagine is a net positive for Biden if anything.

Which is all just to say that I'll wait to see if I see this getting discussed anywhere outside of Atlas/conservative spaces online before I'll declare it any more damaging than the pictures of Biden sniffing hair were in 2020.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2024, 05:18:40 PM »

Fox News viewers is already the most staunchly Republican subgroup, even more than conservatives and registered Republicans.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2024, 05:23:43 PM »

I am not a Biden fan by any means, but these quotes seem suspiciously selective, especially in light of the fact that congressional Republicans have uniformly described him as sharp and productive on an interpersonal level. For example, one quote has Biden saying "if it was 2013 – when did I stop being Vice President?" Obviously I could be wrong about this, but the way this quote's transcription is formatted does not make me think that this was a genuine question – it seems more like a setup for his going on to say something like "2017, right?"
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2024, 05:32:14 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2024, 04:53:36 AM by Landslide Lyndon »

Yeah, I was about to ask what on earth has Biden's memory to do with the facts of the case to be mentioned in an official report. This isn't supposed to be a "How I spent my vacation" essay.

Imagine Jack Smith mentioning in his indictments that Trump is a morbidly obese guy who guzzled down Cokes during his interviews or that there were times when his answers were completely incoherent rants.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2024, 05:33:46 PM »

News at 11: Elderly man forgets a few dates

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Special counsel says Biden came across to investigators as 'well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory.'"

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2024, 05:52:39 PM »

I would never make comment on a father with regard to the death of his son.

I am dealing with an oncologist at the moment who lost his son last December in a car accident.

The guy needs space and consideration.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2024, 06:05:56 PM »

A major party nominating a 81 year old is perhaps the dumbest, most easily avoidable mistake in modern political history.

No one of that age should have the responsibilities entailed by the most stressful, powerful, and demanding job there is.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2024, 06:15:23 PM »

A major party nominating a 81 year old is perhaps the dumbest, most easily avoidable mistake in modern political history.

No one of that age should have the responsibilities entailed by the most stressful, powerful, and demanding job there is.

How so? Should the Democratic Party have intervened in 2020 against the Biden campaign? Somehow tried to lobby or blackmail Biden into not running for re-election? What if he just tells them no? Even if it were doable, "easy" would not be how I would classify it, and basically any scenario where Democrats "avoid" Biden is one that has all sort of potential costs and risks associated with it.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2024, 06:34:05 PM »

I am not a Biden fan by any means, but these quotes seem suspiciously selective, especially in light of the fact that congressional Republicans have uniformly described him as sharp and productive on an interpersonal level. For example, one quote has Biden saying "if it was 2013 – when did I stop being Vice President?" Obviously I could be wrong about this, but the way this quote's transcription is formatted does not make me think that this was a genuine question – it seems more like a setup for his going on to say something like "2017, right?"

We're also talking about a 5 hour interview. Pretty sure anyone could screw up a few times memory wise in a 5 hour interview, especially at 80 years old. It's incredibly selective. Hurr clearly jumped on anything he could grab at that would fit the narrative he was trying to push.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2024, 07:15:25 PM »

Trump thought E. Jean Carroll (in a picture!) Was his second wife, Marla Maples.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2024, 07:27:38 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2024, 08:32:07 PM by 💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his) »

Leftist posters who spread this absolute garbage are being stooges, and I'm sure most of them know exactly what they're doing. Shame on each of you.

This report is a hit piece - Republicans have been signalling they were going to pull stuff like this for the last half-decade as revenge for the Mueller inquiry.

There is no reason to take anything in this report seriously aside from the fact that the fishing expedition the GOP asked for turned up totally empty.

This whole 8 year crap show could have been prevented had Beau lived, and Biden ran in 2016, instead of Hillary.

No? Why are we supposed to assume Biden was going to derail a candidate who had been running for President for the last decade and had basically won the shadow campaign by 2014?
philly09

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2024, 07:45:50 PM »

Biden will making remarks shortly to the press soon.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2024, 07:58:53 PM »

The report speculates about possible (i.e., completely imaginary) defenses Biden may use in a way that paints Biden in a very unflattering light. Members of the press, for whatever deranged reasons, strip the quote of this very important context and run with the message that "Biden has poor memory". It's literal message laundering.

Guys, the report was written this way to achieve this objective. The entire probe was designed to do exactly this even if it finds zero actual malfeasance on Biden's part. Compare that with a Presidential candidate who is actually indicted for multiple crimes!

This was a GOP hack job. If you're talking about it without acknowledging that, you're getting playing into the dupe. Stop playing into the dupe. Stop enabling this stuff.
philly09

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2024, 08:00:09 PM »

He's speaking now.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2024, 08:02:25 PM »

"How the hell dare he raise that? [...] I don't need anyone to remind me of that." -- of the special counsel regarding Beau's death

"My memory is so bad that I let you speak" -- jokingly about a reporter who asked of his memory
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2024, 08:05:24 PM »

This was about classified documents and Hur made it about him not remembering his own sons death
omar04

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2024, 08:08:33 PM »

Leftist posters who spread this absolute garbage are being stooges, and I'm sure most of them know exactly what they're doing. Shame on each of you.

This report is a hit piece - Republicans have been signalling they were going to pull stuff like this for the last half-decade as revenge for the Mueller inquiry.

There is no reason to take anything in this report seriously aside from the fact that the fishing expedition the GOP asked for turned up totally empty.

This whole 8 year crap show could have been prevented had Beau lived, and Biden ran in 2016, instead of Hillary.

No? Why are we supposed to assume a Biden who was in the midst of grief for his own son was going to derail a candidate who had been running for President for the last decade and had basically won the shadow campaign by 2014?

This is hardly a GOP hit piece. The DOJ investigated and appointed a special counsel and the FBI searched Biden's home. The special counsel in question also participated in the Mueller investigation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies