Where Hillary Clinton did Worse than Al Gore and where Trump did worse than Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:07:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  Where Hillary Clinton did Worse than Al Gore and where Trump did worse than Bush
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where Hillary Clinton did Worse than Al Gore and where Trump did worse than Bush  (Read 440 times)
First1There
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 08, 2024, 02:16:49 AM »

So, I was looking through some state Wikipedia pages from 2000 to 2020, and I realized that in some of the states I looked at, she did worse than Al Gore in the popular vote of the states. So I went and compared them all to map them and got this.

(The blue is where Trump did worse than Bush by popular vote)

Oh my god she was such a bad candidate. Intellectually, I knew she was a bad candidate even in 2016 but I didn't realize how bad until I did this.

After 16 years of population growth, 6% higher turnout rate, and the most unlikable candidate in history running, she still loses some states to a predecessor candidate of the same party from 16 years ago. She was lucky she was running against Donald Trump. She would've been thrashed by any other Republican.

Yeah, Trump loses some states too, but California's doing the heavy lifting here.

Horrible electoral geography, just atrocious for democrats.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 10:05:46 AM »

So, I was looking through some state Wikipedia pages from 2000 to 2020, and I realized that in some of the states I looked at, she did worse than Al Gore in the popular vote of the states. So I went and compared them all to map them and got this.

(The blue is where Trump did worse than Bush by popular vote)

Oh my god she was such a bad candidate. Intellectually, I knew she was a bad candidate even in 2016 but I didn't realize how bad until I did this.

After 16 years of population growth, 6% higher turnout rate, and the most unlikable candidate in history running, she still loses some states to a predecessor candidate of the same party from 16 years ago. She was lucky she was running against Donald Trump. She would've been thrashed by any other Republican.

Yeah, Trump loses some states too, but California's doing the heavy lifting here.

Horrible electoral geography, just atrocious for democrats.

Disagree, I think she would have beaten Cruz.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies