Opinion of Ferguson97
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:35:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Ferguson97
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 133

Author Topic: Opinion of Ferguson97  (Read 2915 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2024, 03:03:14 PM »

How is Fergie's (or my) 'schtick' (as I can infer it from the comments in this thread) any different from yours?  Or DaleCooper's?  Or this D-BC guy?  We're all smug, self-righteous assholes, no?

The way this forum collectively decides who's 'in' and who's 'out' will forever be a mystery to me.  And it evidently seems to actually have very little to do with one's avatar color.
I ain't done the math and clearly I'm biased, but it seems to me that Fergie and you (and Dr Shoepads, and Badger) have a much higher ratio of "being an asshole" posts vs "not being an asshole" posts.  Again, biased, but I think I post a lot of "informative" posts, I make fun of myself every single chance I get (it's fun and easy to do, like my mom!).  Sure, I go out of my way to troll Atlas "conventional wisdoms" and a lot of redavs like to project their anger on to me, but I virtually  never post angry, and perhaps that shows in my posts?  <shrug>  it is weird how poorly you guys do in these opinion of threads, I would assume you would do better even if my above full of bias theories are true because how well your politics match with the Atlas average.  There is something going on though, the results speak for themselves.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2024, 03:24:01 PM »

Crazy that this guy used to be a mod

Joe was one of the main reasons why Atlas forum was such a cool place back in the day. With his sense of humor and cleverness he defused many tense situations and put down crazies and trolls without becoming nasty. So you newest members better show some respect.
The fact that he is now attacked by some of our resident edgelords as some kind of bad poster says more about the kind of persons they are than about him.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2024, 03:51:44 PM »

"Wow, how embarrassing that you think Fergie is a good mouthpiece for Democratic positions in an open debate arena!  Meanwhile, here's a post from a 40 year-old manchild obsessed with cartoons and terrible music to explain why getting a BJ from a 17 year-old in a post office parking lot is actually a-ok, legally speaking.  Much better!"
I don't see anyone in that thread including me defending what that guy did, and I specifically even stated it's a good thing he was fired and resigned from the position. It was simply pointed out (and I was not the first to do so) that what he did was not illegal in the respective state and did not meet that definition of rape and (perhaps more importantly) Ferguson had changed the thread title from the title of the article linked to.

I don't understand why they're bringing up that thread as an example of great and productive posting. It turned a discussion about negligent appointments made by a Republican governor into a discussion about Democrats posting fake news on the internet. Liberals taking real stories, smearing lies on top of them, and then immediately moving on to the next exaggerated fake news Twitter story a day (or hour) later is exactly what allowed Trump to rise in the first place. The liberal outrage-bait machine has contributed greatly to the destruction of this country over the last decade.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2024, 04:09:01 PM »

"Wow, how embarrassing that you think Fergie is a good mouthpiece for Democratic positions in an open debate arena!  Meanwhile, here's a post from a 40 year-old manchild obsessed with cartoons and terrible music to explain why getting a BJ from a 17 year-old in a post office parking lot is actually a-ok, legally speaking.  Much better!"
I don't see anyone in that thread including me defending what that guy did, and I specifically even stated it's a good thing he was fired and resigned from the position. It was simply pointed out (and I was not the first to do so) that what he did was not illegal in the respective state and did not meet that definition of rape and (perhaps more importantly) Ferguson had changed the thread title from the title of the article linked to.

I don't understand why they're bringing up that thread as an example of great and productive posting. It turned a discussion about negligent appointments made by a Republican governor into a discussion about Democrats posting fake news on the internet. Liberals taking real stories, smearing lies on top of them, and then immediately moving on to the next exaggerated fake news Twitter story a day (or hour) later is exactly what allowed Trump to rise in the first place. The liberal outrage-bait machine has contributed greatly to the destruction of this country over the last decade.
To be fair the initial reporting of the story wasn't fake news or bad faith, the issue is that Ferguson altered the title of the article for the thread. If it had just been posted with the article's original title there wouldn't be much controversy.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2024, 04:16:16 PM »

To be fair the initial reporting of the story wasn't fake news or bad faith, the issue is that Ferguson altered the title of the article for the thread. If it had just been posted with the article's original title there wouldn't be much controversy.

Right, and that is the kind of fake news I was referring to. A real story getting picked up and turned into fake news by liberal activists.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2024, 05:30:29 PM »

We agree on a majority of issues, maybe even a vast majority but his sense of humor, posting style and overall attitude kind of suck. He finds me abrupt and rude, I find him hoity toity and a bit dim.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2024, 01:07:40 AM »

HR incarnate.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2024, 03:59:49 AM »

Insufferable SJW
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2024, 08:53:48 AM »

I am not a fan of R nut maps a famous musing S019 R nut map was wrong on Eday
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2024, 06:19:17 AM »

I've always liked him, but I know a lot of others haven't. I do think he's softened his edges, so to speak, since he can back from his suspension or ban (or whatever it was).

Massive FF.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2024, 12:09:36 PM »

I get that he can be a bit aggressive at times, but he's right more often than he's not and I'd rather someone be a little mean in defense of the right idea than be polite in defense of the wrong idea.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2024, 12:05:17 PM »

Ferguson is a traditionalist conservative defending the established order of petty fiefdoms like HR departments.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2024, 12:40:37 PM »

I think the best part of these is that the asshole clique gets a chance to socialize together, meet the new members, celebrate past members, exchange ideas.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2024, 04:54:19 PM »

As I’ve said before, his heart’s in the right place. He can just be overzealous and dogmatic in pushing his ideas and seems absolutely convinced he is not only right about most everything, but morally superior to those who disagree, who are often dismissed out of hand as bigots/fascists/whatever allows him to proceed to label them as a “bad guy” and therefore ignore everything they say. Very quick to jump to black/white, good/evil kind of thinking. Ironically religious and puritanical in a sense, he maybe fits the stereotype of the “Social Justice Warrior” better than anyone else here.

That all said? He’s smart, he’s got a strong moral compass, and as I’ve also said before, many of his faults I shared to a degree myself when younger. So I can hardly call him an HP.

Completely consumed with hate for those who even cordially disagree with his specific set of political opinions?  Right.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2024, 06:42:49 PM »

I enjoy him.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2024, 09:28:47 PM »

It was an attack using a family issue and falsely stating the facts.  And you're not sorry.

If the moderators require me to issue an apology to you, I will comply.

Yet you did not lose a minute of posting here, not we're you limited on the topics you discussed.

I'm banned from my favorite forum (USGD) for a month. Whether or not you find this to be a suitable punishment is irrelevant.   

If the moderators don't care what I think, let THEM say it. 

I mean, I figured that you would have gotten the hint by now. Do you think they're waiting for your 301st post about it before they'll change their minds and extend/expand my sanction?

But you can rest easy at night Fuzzy, because I'm not going to personally attack you again.

The highlighted sentence illustrates the character of Ferguson97.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2024, 11:21:46 PM »

I think the best part of these is that the asshole clique gets a chance to socialize together, meet the new members, celebrate past members, exchange ideas.

Your check-in was well expected.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2024, 11:55:40 PM »

Generic D/liberal hack who invariably gets in the most tedious arguments with the same posters.

Can’t say I’m a fan.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2024, 09:17:12 PM »

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2024, 03:22:14 PM »

Badger is just mad because he didn't get this year's tshirt yet.  Pay your dues man and you'll get your swag.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2024, 03:35:53 PM »

Badger is just mad because he didn't get this year's tshirt yet.  Pay your dues man and you'll get your swag.
Badger being super cheap IRL sounds hilariously par for the course.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2024, 08:47:29 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2024, 08:51:32 PM by CentristRepublican »

As I’ve said before, his heart’s in the right place. He can just be overzealous and dogmatic in pushing his ideas and seems absolutely convinced he is not only right about most everything, but morally superior to those who disagree, who are often dismissed out of hand as bigots/fascists/whatever allows him to proceed to label them as a “bad guy” and therefore ignore everything they say. Very quick to jump to black/white, good/evil kind of thinking. Ironically religious and puritanical in a sense, he maybe fits the stereotype of the “Social Justice Warrior” better than anyone else here.

This.

This poll would be 90% HP if his avatar was a different color.

"If he had completely different political opinions, people would have a different opinion of him."

Um, yes?
How many people have attacked him for his political opinions?

Around half of the people in this thread...?

He's not been criticized for his liberal beliefs - if that was the point of contention, why are do so many of the HP voters vote FF for other red avatars? - but rather, his black-and-white, single-faceted point of view and the moral superiority he projects. His pigheadedness and virtue signaling. He is, as Alben's said, the closest thing the forum has to an SJW, and a substantial number of red avatars aren't fans of those either (if this was really about partisan belief, and only that, Ferguson would have at least 20% more of the vote than he presently does).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2024, 08:50:44 PM »

The idea that Ferguson would win us more elections is very funny, regardless of what you think of him personally. His actual political opinions are very odd nanny state liberal crap that all swing voters hate. His opinion on HR alone, that it exists to protect workers (LOL!!!!!), would make any election noncompetitive if it got associated with the Democratic candidate.

I believe now would be a good time to dredge up the whole incident where he said any parent who resorts to spanking or corporal punishment - as I told him my parents sometimes have - should have their kid put in CPS. He told me explicitly that he believes I should be in protective services because my parents have spanked/slapped me in the past.

That, in a nutshell, is the kind of guy we're talking about, and if he indeed were a perfect representation of the Democratic Party's political positions, they'd lose elections even here in Alameda County.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2024, 08:55:51 PM »

It was an attack using a family issue and falsely stating the facts.  And you're not sorry.

If the moderators require me to issue an apology to you, I will comply.

Yet you did not lose a minute of posting here, not we're you limited on the topics you discussed.

I'm banned from my favorite forum (USGD) for a month. Whether or not you find this to be a suitable punishment is irrelevant.   

If the moderators don't care what I think, let THEM say it. 

I mean, I figured that you would have gotten the hint by now. Do you think they're waiting for your 301st post about it before they'll change their minds and extend/expand my sanction?

But you can rest easy at night Fuzzy, because I'm not going to personally attack you again.

The highlighted sentence illustrates the character of Ferguson97.

Pot meets kettle moment.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2024, 09:35:12 PM »

The idea that Ferguson would win us more elections is very funny, regardless of what you think of him personally. His actual political opinions are very odd nanny state liberal crap that all swing voters hate. His opinion on HR alone, that it exists to protect workers (LOL!!!!!), would make any election noncompetitive if it got associated with the Democratic candidate.

I believe now would be a good time to dredge up the whole incident where he said any parent who resorts to spanking or corporal punishment - as I told him my parents sometimes have - should have their kid put in CPS. He told me explicitly that he believes I should be in protective services because my parents have spanked/slapped me in the past.

That, in a nutshell, is the kind of guy we're talking about, and if he indeed were a perfect representation of the Democratic Party's political positions, they'd lose elections even here in Alameda County.

I can't imagine being so privileged as to think foster care is preferable to discipline, lmao.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies