Opinion of Ferguson97
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:41:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Ferguson97
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 133

Author Topic: Opinion of Ferguson97  (Read 2913 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2024, 07:35:16 PM »

This poll would be 90% HP if his avatar was a different color.

"If he had completely different political opinions, people would have a different opinion of him."

Um, yes?
How many people have attacked him for his political opinions?

Around half of the people in this thread...?

---

If more Democrats had the tenacity to consistently keep holding the line like he does, regardless of what the milquetoasts think, we actually might stand a better hope of beating conservatives and similar other dangerous assholes long term.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2024, 07:55:17 PM »

This poll would be 90% HP if his avatar was a different color.

"If he had completely different political opinions, people would have a different opinion of him."

Um, yes?
How many people have attacked him for his political opinions?

Around half of the people in this thread...?

---

If more Democrats had the tenacity to consistently keep holding the line like he does, regardless of what the milquetoasts think, we actually might stand a better hope of beating conservatives and similar other dangerous assholes long term.

The ridiculous thing is that most people who attack him consider Sanchez a nice guy.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2024, 09:17:24 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2024, 09:44:55 PM by 💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his) »

"If only we had more people like Ferguson, then maybe we'd defeat Republicans" wow what a take. Just amazing stuff.

edit: here is an example of BRTD doing the Lord's work in demonstrating that Ferguson lies and embellishes and quite literally does not know the basics about what he is lying/embellishing over.

Can we please stop with these inaccurate thread titles accusing every Republican of being a rapist or sexual abuser?...

Underage teens, by definition, cannot consent. Statutory rape is rape.
The age of consent in Arkansas is 16 so it wasn't statutory rape. Of course it was inappropriate and a good thing he was fired and now resigned but he can't be accurately called a rapist. And the article and the actual headline doesn't either.

Please stop acting like having someone this inept as your advocate is somehow good for liberal causes. It isn't! Nobody would be raising any issues if he made a thread that literally copied and pasted the headline from the source (an LGBT advocacy organization!). Myself and others would also not be complaining if occasions like this were a one-off. But they aren't! He does this stuff daily. He has literally been banned from the forum before for engaging in conduct like this as well as several other forum violations.

It's so, so, so stupid to act like this guy is doing the liberal movement any favors. The Democratic Party and its priorities would be best served by this guy voting and then shutting his mouth.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2024, 09:38:06 PM »

FF; He dishes out to people who yell about not being crybabies. Don't particulary like it, but compared to some of the other posters held up in esteem on this site it doesn't stand out.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2024, 10:15:09 PM »

The idea that Ferguson would win us more elections is very funny, regardless of what you think of him personally. His actual political opinions are very odd nanny state liberal crap that all swing voters hate. His opinion on HR alone, that it exists to protect workers (LOL!!!!!), would make any election noncompetitive if it got associated with the Democratic candidate.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2024, 11:21:44 PM »

"Wow, how embarrassing that you think Fergie is a good mouthpiece for Democratic positions in an open debate arena!  Meanwhile, here's a post from a 40 year-old manchild obsessed with cartoons and terrible music to explain why getting a BJ from a 17 year-old in a post office parking lot is actually a-ok, legally speaking.  Much better!"
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2024, 11:31:05 PM »

Are you asking me who I think is better between BRTD and Ferguson? And you would choose Ferguson? LMAO
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2024, 11:35:33 PM »

"Wow, how embarrassing that you think Fergie is a good mouthpiece for Democratic positions in an open debate arena!  Meanwhile, here's a post from a 40 year-old manchild obsessed with cartoons and terrible music to explain why getting a BJ from a 17 year-old in a post office parking lot is actually a-ok, legally speaking.  Much better!"

I'm sorry, and maybe I am throwing stones from a glass house, but this is not okay. You are completely misrepresenting what BRTD and others are saying here. Some of us believe words should actually mean something, and I think it is really undignified to imply our opposition to excessive sensationalism and blatant inaccuracies is the same as endorsing anything and everything that happens to be legal, no matter how distasteful and inappropriate as it may be.
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2024, 11:40:05 PM »

I'm sorry, and maybe I am throwing stones from a glass house, but this is not okay. You are completely misrepresenting what BRTD and others are saying here. Some of us believe words should actually mean something, and I think it is really undignified to imply our opposition to excessive sensationalism and blatant inaccuracies is the same as endorsing anything and everything that happens to be legal, no matter how distasteful and inappropriate as it may be.

"One person is lying, the other person is pointing out the lie... guess which one is worse?"
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2024, 11:43:58 PM »

Are you asking me who I think is better between BRTD and Ferguson? And you would choose Ferguson? LMAO

And it's not even close, lol
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2024, 01:31:12 AM »

the "like he does" part really ruins the entire theory doesn't it.  Do you think his schtick would "rally the base" enough to make up for all the, ya know, non-assholes that would just stay home if more Democrats were "holding the line like he does"?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2024, 01:44:27 AM »

He is terrible at it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2024, 01:59:41 AM »

the "like he does" part really ruins the entire theory doesn't it.  Do you think his schtick would "rally the base" enough to make up for all the, ya know, non-assholes that would just stay home if more Democrats were "holding the line like he does"?

What schtick, though?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2024, 02:14:59 AM »

you're right, my mistake, no schtick here.  His (and your very similar) style of interaction is ideal and sure to be electorally successful if copied by more Democrats (this thread at left leaning Atlas is proof, look at how popular Fergie is!), please continue.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2024, 02:28:11 AM »

"One person is lying, the other person is pointing out the lie... guess which one is worse?"

That's a tricky question in a forum where pointing out that a guy is racist is considered worse than the guy saying racist stuff.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2024, 08:15:51 AM »

He does occasionally produce a good line calling out some right-wing BS, but I do agree that his argumentation is frequently quite poor and unsophisticated, and he does not contribute a great deal of insight to the forum; on the whole, not a particularly high-quality poster.

That said, much of the discussion in this thread has focused on whether he gets criticised for things -- even if it is deserved criticism -- that more politically conservative posters don't get called out for. Let me just point out one comparison to another recent 'opinion of' thread. As of the time of writing, Pres Mike is sitting on a narrow FF majority, while Ferguson has a clear HP majority of 57.5%. I fail to see how Mike can be considered a better poster in any way than Ferguson; pretty much everything bad that can be said about the latter is true of the former, but ten times worse. Mike is far more inarticulate, abrasive, and much more frequently resorts to personal attacks instead of arguments. The only other difference, as far as I can tell, is that Mike holds many extremely (and in my view, often unacceptably) socially conservative positions.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2024, 11:51:29 AM »

Crazy that this guy used to be a mod
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2024, 11:52:26 AM »

The idea that Ferguson would win us more elections is very funny, regardless of what you think of him personally. His actual political opinions are very odd nanny state liberal crap that all swing voters hate. His opinion on HR alone, that it exists to protect workers (LOL!!!!!), would make any election noncompetitive if it got associated with the Democratic candidate.
Tbf, don’t most Democrat politicians already give off pro-HR vibes?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2024, 12:12:30 PM »

Over the top hackish but not even in an unintentionally funny way like PM2 or Runeghost can be at times.

This. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2024, 12:24:06 PM »

you're right, my mistake, no schtick here.  His (and your very similar) style of interaction is ideal and sure to be electorally successful if copied by more Democrats (this thread at left leaning Atlas is proof, look at how popular Fergie is!), please continue.

How is Fergie's (or my) 'schtick' (as I can infer it from the comments in this thread) any different from yours?  Or DaleCooper's?  Or this D-BC guy?  We're all smug, self-righteous assholes, no?

The way this forum collectively decides who's 'in' and who's 'out' will forever be a mystery to me.  And it evidently seems to actually have very little to do with one's avatar color.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2024, 12:25:56 PM »

makes good points sometimes, but often times ends up being a caricature of what right-wingers think the average D is.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2024, 12:40:37 PM »

I don't see anyone in that thread including me defending what that guy did, and I specifically even stated it's a good thing he was fired and resigned from the position. It was simply pointed out (and I was not the first to do so) that what he did was not illegal in the respective state and did not meet that definition of rape and (perhaps more importantly) Ferguson had changed the thread title from the title of the article linked to.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2024, 12:41:36 PM »

I don't see anyone in that thread including me defending what that guy did, and I specifically even stated it's a good thing he was fired and resigned from the position. It was simply pointed out (and I was not the first to do so) that what he did was not illegal in the respective state and did not meet that definition of rape and (perhaps more importantly) Ferguson had changed the thread title from the title of the article linked to.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2024, 12:45:47 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2024, 02:02:58 PM by they don't love you like i love you »

That's a statement of fact, not opinion, or from anyone's personal values.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2024, 02:47:30 PM »

low IQ poster who provides nothing of value to any conversation he inserts himself in

literally the NPC meme
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies