Transgender vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:32:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Transgender vote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Transgender vote  (Read 1826 times)
wnwnwn
Peru

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2024, 11:43:00 PM »

They are only 0.3% of population but be curious if anyone has any idea how they vote.  I know LGBT is around a 75/25 split amongst LGBTQ but transgender are a small portion of LGBTQ community.  I am guessing Democrats probably closer to 90% as I think gay rights becoming more widely accepted even amongst Republicans but transphobia still much more prevalent. 

Most LGTB republicans are bisexual cis whites I suppose, as most LGTB people are cis bisexuals I suppose.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2024, 12:43:54 AM »

They are only 0.3% of population but be curious if anyone has any idea how they vote.  I know LGBT is around a 75/25 split amongst LGBTQ but transgender are a small portion of LGBTQ community.  I am guessing Democrats probably closer to 90% as I think gay rights becoming more widely accepted even amongst Republicans but transphobia still much more prevalent. 

Most LGTB republicans are bisexual cis whites I suppose, as most LGTB people are cis bisexuals I suppose.

There’s a subculture of (predominantly) white and wealthy gays who try to remove their sexuality as much as possible from their identity and try to be as heteronormative as possible to be acceptable to republicans, think Theil, Grennell, Tisei, DeMaio, etc

They are also the ones to complain about how “unaccepted*” they are by other gays, which is usually to further endear them to conservatives that there a “good one”

*The reason the rest of the queer community is vocally hostile to them is cause they are trying to be conduits of our destruction
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2024, 08:04:48 AM »

As others have said, the GOP would be lucky to get 5% of these voters. Any trans person who votes for a Republican dog-catcher is a turkey voting for Thanksgiving.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2024, 11:15:54 AM »

There’s a subculture of (predominantly) white and wealthy gays who try to remove their sexuality as much as possible from their identity and try to be as heteronormative as possible to be acceptable to republicans, think Theil, Grennell, Tisei, DeMaio, etc

They are also the ones to complain about how “unaccepted*” they are by other gays, which is usually to further endear them to conservatives that there a “good one”

*The reason the rest of the queer community is vocally hostile to them is cause they are trying to be conduits of our destruction

FWIW, as a Republican political staffer in DC, I do know a few openly gay Republican men but I don't know any lesbian or trans Republicans.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2024, 01:00:22 PM »

Trump is more moderate on the trans issue so its likely he would do better with these voters than the generic Rs are.

Moderate within the Republican spectrum is still extreme when it comes to LGBTQ equality

The average american republican is to the left to the average person worldwide on all LGTB issues, including trans issues.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2024, 01:01:30 PM »

Trump is more moderate on the trans issue so its likely he would do better with these voters than the generic Rs are.

Moderate within the Republican spectrum is still extreme when it comes to LGBTQ equality

The average american republican is to the left to the average person worldwide on all LGTB issues, including trans issues.

wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2024, 01:12:41 PM »

The world isn't just Europe+theAmericas.
Those Florida bills sound extreme in this forum, but I can assure you that they would easily pass in my country. I don't live in a muslim country nor Africa...
Or maybe I'm just a bit biased.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2024, 01:34:42 PM »

The world isn't just Europe+theAmericas.
Those Florida bills sound extreme in this forum, but I can assure you that they would easily pass in my country. I don't live in a muslim country nor Africa...
Or maybe I'm just a bit biased.
No, I get it, I was just making a joke about Abdullah.
Republican Party Stalwart
Stalwart_Grantist
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2024, 06:55:20 PM »

"Not wanting you in a public bathroom with my wife and daughter" or "not wanting my tax dollars to pay for your lifestyle choices" are both pretty far away from "Wanting you dead."

This one of the most obnoxiously Westoid/Eurocentric opinions that one can have about any issue.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2024, 07:31:43 PM »

I'd be curious if there's any difference between voting habits between trans men and trans women.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2024, 07:40:21 PM »

"Not wanting you in a public bathroom with my wife and daughter" or "not wanting my tax dollars to pay for your lifestyle choices" are both pretty far away from "Wanting you dead."

This one of the most obnoxiously Westoid/Eurocentric opinions that one can have about any issue.

You literally have no idea what republicans are actually doing huh? It’s not bathrooms or tax dollars, and hasn’t been that mundane for years.
Republican Party Stalwart
Stalwart_Grantist
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2024, 08:56:44 PM »

You literally have no idea what republicans are actually doing huh? It’s not bathrooms or tax dollars, and hasn’t been that mundane for years.

What are the actions that Republican politicians are "actually doing" which you don't believe I am particularly aware of? I'm not trolling, I want you to tell me which specific bills you are alluding to.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2024, 09:55:36 PM »

What are the actions that Republican politicians are "actually doing" which you don't believe I am particularly aware of? I'm not trolling, I want you to tell me which specific bills you are alluding to.

Well for one 22 states have banned any kind of healthcare related to gender identity for minors in 22 states. Five of those states make it a felony.

Republicans have not passed a law saying “trans people should die” but they have made it incredibly difficult for people who are trans to exist in public, which does show they don’t think trans people should exist. The bathroom bills you offhandedly mentioned are to this affect.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2024, 10:04:20 PM »

Whether closeted or not, conservative trans people most likely don’t vote and probably don’t vote R. People like Blair White or Caitlyn Jenner are an anomaly precisely because of how toxic Republicans are to trans people. Repressed types I can think of are most likely in weird @$$ associations like the Groypers or in Ted Kaczynski’s fanclubs.

Atlas has a disproportionate amount of conservative transgender people, regardless of partisan affiliation, and this group if they do become political mostly lean to the far left because they are oppressed and prevented from living life normally from the current political establishment. LGBs deal with a lot less overt oppression and can be contrarian all they want in liberal strongholds or engage in downlow cruising on Grindr while being repressed. Trans people by and large can’t live by dressing or looking as they choose in the same capacity.

Republican policy has made things worse for them and will further cement the future generations to be even more left wing. You can’t expect people to like you if you oppress them.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies