Non-Hispanic mixed race vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:05:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Non-Hispanic mixed race vote
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Non-Hispanic mixed race vote  (Read 260 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 02, 2024, 12:09:44 AM »

Exit polls often show how people vote by race, but for mixed race who are not Hispanic, little on that.  While until recently, such group was quite small but about 10% of all new marriages are mixed race and now included in column in census so be interested in how they vote.  I am guessing go Democrat, but support somewhere between non-whites and whites.  Hawaii I believe has largest amount in this group where it is around 25% of population, but it is also much less divided politically along race than most states.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 12:55:30 AM »

In favor of Dems overall.

SOURCE: https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trends/2015/06/11/multiracial-in-america/

This survey may be almost a decade old, but I don't think that much has changed. Interestingly, the only mixed race group that favors Republicans are White-Indigenous mixed-race people.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 01:17:56 AM »

In favor of Dems overall.

SOURCE: https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trends/2015/06/11/multiracial-in-america/

This survey may be almost a decade old, but I don't think that much has changed. Interestingly, the only mixed race group that favors Republicans are White-Indigenous mixed-race people.

Interesting.  I assume white-indigenous mix excludes Hispanics as a large chunk of Hispanics, especially Mexicans and Central Americans are mixed white-indigenous and that group definitely goes Democrat.  I am guessing others are probably mostly from Oklahoma or Alaska, especially Oklahoma as I believe Oklahoma has a fair number of mixed white-indigenous and pretty sure they go solidly GOP.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 01:52:41 AM »

Interesting.  I assume white-indigenous mix excludes Hispanics as a large chunk of Hispanics, especially Mexicans and Central Americans are mixed white-indigenous and that group definitely goes Democrat.  I am guessing others are probably mostly from Oklahoma or Alaska, especially Oklahoma as I believe Oklahoma has a fair number of mixed white-indigenous and pretty sure they go solidly GOP.
Yeah, that survey excludes Hispanics. The White-Indigenous group is made up of people who are mixed between non-Hispanic White Americans and Native Americans/Alaska Natives.

And yes, the highest percentage of that group lives in Oklahoma and then Alaska. I guess if you were to exclude those that live in OK, then they would lean Dem overall.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 08:29:02 AM »

How do whites in mixed race marriages vote? My wife is non white and I am a Republican leaning swing voter at this point. Not sure if I’m typical though.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 02:15:42 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2024, 02:35:52 PM by ηєω ƒяσηтιєя »

How do whites in mixed race marriages vote? My wife is non white and I am a Republican leaning swing voter at this point. Not sure if I’m typical though.
I don't think there's any way to know that. There's no way to know how same-race couples vote, either. It's all based on anecdotal information, which is obviously unreliable because people can lie.

With that being said, though, your situation isn't uncommon. Conservative White men and a non-White girlfriend or wife are not that uncommon. Anecdotally, I would say that this pairing is somewhat common among White man/Asian woman and White man/non-White Latina couples.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 05:55:08 PM »

I think if mixed white/Asian, vote similar to whites overall in area they live and only more Democrat due to fact areas with largest Asian community are generally areas Democrats do well as mostly urban and on two coasts.  I suspect for example white/Asian mix in Texas probably do favor GOP whereas in California more Democrat.  And even in California if in Orange County probably a mix whereas if in San Francisco overwhelmingly Democrat.

For white/Black mix, I suspect though the white spouse is much more likely to be a Democrat than general white population as they would be heavily influenced by the Democrat dominance amongst Black community and probably more aware why they vote so heavily Democrat.  With Asians unlike Blacks much of the difference between whites and Asians can be explained due to where they live (mostly urban or suburban very few rural) and more likely to have a college degree whereas with Blacks that explanation won't work. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies