Dog vs. Cat owners in voting patterns?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:11:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Dog vs. Cat owners in voting patterns?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dog vs. Cat owners in voting patterns?  (Read 183 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 01, 2024, 02:18:57 AM »

I read somewhere Republican voters more likely to be dog owners while Democrats more likely to be cat owners.  While I am sure you have lots of dog owners in both parties and cat owners in both parties, wonder if which pet one prefers has any link to voting patterns or not?

I would think Democrats favor cats more due to fact more likely to live in cities thus less space for pets and likewise higher skilled professionals have busy lives so less time and cats require much less maintenance than dogs.

GOP more likely to live in rural or suburban areas meaning much more likely to have a sizeable backyard and good places to walk and play with dog while in an apartment, condo or small home somewhat harder although small dog still works but not larger.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 02:26:36 AM »

Overall dog owners are Republican. Red states tend to have a higher % of dog owning households and these are usually in suburbs and rural areas. Cat owners are mostly Democrats since they tend to live in places like apartments in the cities and have a more female skew in terms of ownership. Also most cat owners probably have some form of a college degree.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 02:28:20 AM »

We really need an election to analyze
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 02:01:31 PM »

I am guessing dog owners being more Republican while cat owners more Democrat is probably due to where voters of each live and practicality of owning each pet.  Cats work quite well if live in a small living space and if a busy schedule so little time to care for them.  Dogs need more space and Republicans more likely to live in places which are less dense.  Also dogs are much higher maintenance so if married and one spouse stays home, much easier to own a dog then if unmarried or both work full time and Republicans more likely to have traditional family than Democrats are. 

Now perhaps may change with more remote working since if work remotely much easier to own a dog so I wouldn't be shocked if in a decade as remote working takes off you see dog owners become more evenly split.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies