How would Taylor Swift perform as a future Democratic nominee?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:24:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How would Taylor Swift perform as a future Democratic nominee?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would Taylor Swift perform as a future Democratic nominee?  (Read 1101 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 30, 2024, 03:55:52 PM »

How would Taylor Swift perform as a future Democratic presidential nominee?
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 01:07:36 AM »

Badly. Her fanbase (which is already low-propensity young voters) would immediately sour on her when she states that she doesn't want Israel to be completely wiped off the map.

Men won't vote for her because they think it's embarrassing or girly.

The only celebrity with no political experience who could pull this off was Trump.

TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 02:41:28 AM »

Under current conditions, the Democratic establishment still wields significant power, so I suspect that someone like Swift would probably not be considered "establishment" enough to win the nomination under current conditions.
AlterEgo

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 08:21:13 AM »

Badly. Her fanbase (which is already low-propensity young voters) would immediately sour on her when she states that she doesn't want Israel to be completely wiped off the map.

The only celebrity with no political experience who could pull this off was Trump.

Dwayne Johnson, Oprah just a couple of names that come to mind.

Trump isn't THAT unique.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 03:42:01 PM »

Dwayne Johnson, Oprah just a couple of names that come to mind.

Trump isn't THAT unique.

We have no idea if they could win. Part of their appeal is they have been pretty apolitical for the most part. Both have plenty of fans among Middle American white conservatives. That all ends if they “come out” as liberal, I don’t see a lane for them in the GOP, and the “centrist independent” route always polls well but never performs well.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024, 04:30:35 PM »

Similar to the idea of Trump as the Republican nominee before 2016.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 01:55:23 AM »

Her base are white young female liberals and dem leaning moderates. She would need to be very open on topics where she may have a similar opinión to both some swing voters and hardliners, but not with the party establishment (as Trump did with inmigration and, partly, economic nationalism).
She needs to get black or hispanic support ti win the primaries, the problen would be how.
Also, I don't think the union and economic left wings of the party xould support her.
TheHegemonist
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2024, 07:27:56 PM »

Assuming she would even want to run, which I don't think she would, I think her relative youth and lack of political experience would work against her. Yes, she has high name recognition, and she has a large base of fans on which to draw votes and volunteers from, but I don't think that would be enough for her to win (depending on who she runs against and under what circumstances). Plus, many of her fans are too young to vote anyway.

For a celebrity candidate to be successful, I think they generally have to have inserted themselves into politics prior to running, like how Reagan was the head of the actor's union and later a conservative political activist. That way, people are able to view them not just as a famous person, but as an advocate for causes they care about. This makes the transition from celebrity to politician easier.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 07:24:37 AM »

Assuming she would even want to run, which I don't think she would, I think her relative youth and lack of political experience would work against her. Yes, she has high name recognition, and she has a large base of fans on which to draw votes and volunteers from, but I don't think that would be enough for her to win (depending on who she runs against and under what circumstances). Plus, many of her fans are too young to vote anyway.

For a celebrity candidate to be successful, I think they generally have to have inserted themselves into politics prior to running, like how Reagan was the head of the actor's union and later a conservative political activist. That way, people are able to view them not just as a famous person, but as an advocate for causes they care about. This makes the transition from celebrity to politician easier.

That guy had been Governor of a state too.
ReaganLimbaugh
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2024, 05:09:15 PM »

I can't beiieve it but I agree with a Democrat.
ReaganLimbaugh
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2024, 05:11:03 PM »

She would never do it, because she would have to mingle with the "common people" which would be appalling her.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies