Houthis possibly successfully sunk a ship
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:37:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Houthis possibly successfully sunk a ship
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Houthis possibly successfully sunk a ship  (Read 735 times)
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2024, 09:24:16 PM »

At around noon Eastern Time, the Marlin Luanda ship was hit with a missile by the Houthis. As it carried jet fuel and the missile managed to break one of the containers, this caused an explosion causing a large fire. The fire was impossible to extinguish and has lasted for hours. Around 8-9 PM Eastern Time, the ship's crew had to evacuate the ship through lifeboats or a helicopter due to the fire being uncontrollable.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 10:19:40 PM »

Hopefully this motivates the Marshall Islands to start contributing to the war effort.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 11:13:40 PM »

Hopefully this motivates the Marshall Islands to start contributing to the war effort.
This is a UK ship that was traveling to Singapore. It probably registered as Marshall Islands for tax reasons.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 11:35:26 PM »

What a vile act.
If a drone strike kills the person responsible for this attack then it's well deserved.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 11:39:33 PM »

Biden's failure to protect the shipping lanes, and now an ecological disaster.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 11:41:58 PM »

Biden's failure to protect the shipping lanes, and now an ecological disaster.
I'm this close to saying 'bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Yemen'.
The Houthis attacking shipping like this deserves a very harshly punitive response. But that's more or less what they want us to do. So I have some pause.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2024, 01:40:34 AM »

This is a UK ship that was traveling to Singapore. It probably registered as Marshall Islands for tax reasons.
can't be, they only attack Jewish shipping
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2024, 02:39:26 AM »

You cannot have "possibly successfully" in the same sentence.

Either it was possible or it was successful. Success removes any doubt or possibility.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2024, 06:20:25 AM »

can't be, they only attack Jewish shipping

I have seen "they only attack allies of Israel" claimed.

Even if true, which is highly doubtful, many more are deterred from the Red Sea passage as a result.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2024, 12:31:17 AM »

Literally nothing would change. The military relevant to the Marshall Islands is the US military.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2024, 03:29:23 AM »

Literally nothing would change. The military relevant to the Marshall Islands is the US military.

jfern my man that's the joke
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2024, 07:08:26 AM »

Please let me stop living through history. I'm 23 years old, give me a break!
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2024, 08:34:50 AM »

The Yemeni person responsible for the sinking of the ship has been identified.

Welcome To Yemen

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2U5cWULX3q/
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2024, 10:38:34 AM »

Please let me stop living through history. I'm 23 years old, give me a break!

The "end of history" was never really a thing.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2024, 12:50:36 PM »

Deranged to expect that from a country of a population of 42.000 citizens that is literally on the opposite of the world of Yemen.

For a country where a large percentage of the islands' gross domestic product is aid from the United States and where most of the islands are barely above sea level, you would expect they have different priorities. And it's not like you'll care over those islands slowly but surely sinking into the sea.

Idiotic response.
quesaisje
Electric Circus
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2024, 01:07:57 PM »

The crew was rescued and the Indian Navy put out the fire quickly enough to save the hull. They did not sink the ship.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2024, 01:27:31 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2024, 02:23:00 PM by NYDem »

Deranged to expect that from a country of a population of 42.000 citizens that is literally on the opposite of the world of Yemen.

For a country where a large percentage of the islands' gross domestic product is aid from the United States and where most of the islands are barely above sea level, you would expect they have different priorities. And it's not like you'll care over those islands slowly but surely sinking into the sea.

Idiotic response.

Literally 4 posts up from this he explains that the post you've quoted here is a joke (not that it warranted explanation in the first place). Calm down a bit and read before commenting.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2024, 11:29:05 AM »

Idiotic response.

Literally 4 posts up from this he explains that the post you've quoted here is a joke (not that it warranted explanation in the first place). Calm down a bit and read before commenting.

No need to call me illiterate in the other thread, and assuming you don't know a secondary or third language, i think i might consider myself pretty literate.

I missed the post for some reason, apologies. But it could be stated in a more polite way. And given the user's views on some other issues, one would think this was his actual view.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2024, 12:31:19 PM »

Idiotic response.

No need to call me illiterate in the other thread, and assuming you don't know a secondary or third language, i think i might consider myself pretty literate.

I missed the post for some reason, apologies. But it could be stated in a more polite way. And given the user's views on some other issues, one would think this was his actual view.

I deleted that post almost immediately after making it because it was unnecessarily hostile. I thought you hadn’t seen it yet. My apologies.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies