Trump ordered to pay $83.3 million to E Jean Caroll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:35:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump ordered to pay $83.3 million to E Jean Caroll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Trump ordered to pay $83.3 million to E Jean Caroll  (Read 2023 times)
Randy Marsh
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2024, 06:00:44 PM »

The biggest actual impact is money spent on all his legal problems is less money he (and Rs) will have to actually campaign
Blatant election interference

It's not, but either way Republican primary voters have a choice to not choose the guy with mounting legal problems and debt.
Sounds like a mafia threat. The thing about opening pandora's box is that lawfare will be used on your people too

This is why he's winning by such an overwhelming margin, btw. If Dems weren't such authoritarians then Rs would be looking at a lot of other factors in the primary, but this stuff just galvanizes people for Trump
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2024, 06:02:16 PM »

Which just shows how depraved and brainwashed the Republican electorate is.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2024, 06:02:43 PM »

The biggest actual impact is money spent on all his legal problems is less money he (and Rs) will have to actually campaign

It's not, but either way Republican primary voters have a choice to not choose the guy with mounting legal problems and debt.
Sounds like a mafia threat. The thing about opening pandora's box is that lawfare will be used on your people too

This is why he's winning by such an overwhelming margin, btw. If Dems weren't such authoritarians then Rs would be looking at a lot of other factors in the primary, but this stuff just galvanizes people for Trump

If Biden raped anybody they're welcome to sue him for it too in an election year. Hasn't happened.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2024, 06:04:50 PM »

Boo hoo, he's still gonna be the president.

Meanwhile, Amber Heard has moved to Spain.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2024, 06:09:53 PM »

Okay, so this betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of the Republican Party and the Trump Cult. And yes, it is a cult, your response is a perfect example of that.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2024, 06:24:29 PM »

A civil suit filed by a private citizen?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2024, 06:25:35 PM »

It does not matter much, if anything it helps Trump.

I'm just curious.  Is there any possible event in the foreseeable future that you can envision harming Trump's chances?
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2024, 06:28:37 PM »

Nope. He already was, and was rejected.

Someone who accused Trump of sexual assault decades ago with no evidence, corroborating witnesses, or even a date that it supposedly happened. Not even the year

Clearly there was evidence, otherwise he wouldn't have been found liable.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2024, 06:47:52 PM »

IMO, it demonstrates the absurdity of the cases against him and convinces independents that he really is being targeted

IMO, you are a cultist who wouldn't believe your own female family members if they accused Trump of assaulting them. IMO, you are not an independent voter and can't speak for them. IMO, you are a hack.

You'll learn in November. You'll learn.

Randy Marsh
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2024, 06:48:11 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2024, 06:51:40 PM by Randy Marsh »

Someone who accused Trump of sexual assault decades ago with no evidence, corroborating witnesses, or even a date that it supposedly happened. Not even the year

There wasn't evidence. Civil cases are decided based on if you think there's a 51% chance he did it and the jury of NY democrats decided no evidence is good enough to find him liable

Seriously, I'm open to changing my mind if you have any evidence. I don't think the election was stolen. I like data. So please provide one piece of evidence that this happened. You can't, because it doesn't exist

IMO, it demonstrates the absurdity of the cases against him and convinces independents that he really is being targeted

IMO, you are a cultist who wouldn't believe your own female family members if they accused Trump of assaulting them. IMO, you are not an independent voter and can't speak for them. IMO, you are a hack.

All you have is name-calling because you have no facts. No, I'm not independent; I'm Republican. I speak for nobody but myself.

What could November possibly teach me? That a lot of people have TDS? I already knew that, you're a good example
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2024, 06:56:08 PM »

Oh, my god, do you know how delusional this sounds? All of this started with him. He's his own biggest enemy and no other candidate has given their enemies so many things to use against him.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2024, 07:01:55 PM »

All you have is name-calling because you have no facts. No, I'm not independent; I'm Republican. I speak for nobody but myself.

What could November possibly teach me? That a lot of people have TDS? I already knew that, you're a good example

Exactly, so you can't speak for independents. The people who will decide this election are not conspiracy theorists who believe the whole world is setting Trump up.

November will teach you that you've learned nothing from 2020. You were arrogant then and you're arrogant now.
Cyrusman
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2024, 07:02:02 PM »

LOL, she accused him 20+ years after the incident and only did so when he became a polarizing political figure.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2024, 07:04:46 PM »

LOL, she accused him 20+ years after the incident and only did so when he became a polarizing political figure.

He mistook her for his ex-wife. That sh**t is pretty telling right there when he claimed he never even met her. He did it like he did everything else. Women don't come out because angry men will railroad them for telling the truth.

And what is LOL about rape? You're gross.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2024, 07:06:26 PM »

He can't be found liable for this unless he got ompeached and convicted for it first. But he can't be convicted if he wasn't found guilty for something by a jury.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2024, 07:13:59 PM »

Oh, my god, do you know how delusional this sounds? All of this started with him. He's his own biggest enemy and no other candidate has given their enemies so many things to use against him.

Please stop feeding the cartoon, it clutters up the thread.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2024, 07:17:48 PM »

There wasn't evidence. Civil cases are decided based on if you think there's a 51% chance he did it and the jury of NY democrats decided no evidence is good enough to find him liable

Seriously, I'm open to changing my mind if you have any evidence. I don't think the election was stolen. I like data. So please provide one piece of evidence that this happened. You can't, because it doesn't exist

One moment you claim that "Seriously", you are open to changing your mind. Three sentences later you say that your mind "can't" change, the because you have already decided that the evidence you seek "doesn't exist."

First of all, the witness testimony of E. Jean Carroll is evidence. I understand that means nothing to you because she, after all, is just a woman, while he is the President of the United States. Secondly, Lisa Birnbach and Carol Martin testified that Carroll told them about this incident soon after it occurred. Third of all, Trump's denial is undermined because he first said he had never met her, until a photograph showed the two together. Then he said she was not his type, but when shown the photo, mistook her for his ex wife. And fourth, Trump was caught on tape bragging about sexual assault on an open mic in 2005. Fifth, Trump faces many other allegations from other women, besides Carroll 19 other women have alleged he sexually assaulted them, whose witness testimony is testimony to his negative character.

The election aside, Trump is simply proof that our society ultimately does not care or take seriously rape and sexual assault, if the person in question is deemed to be "too important" for other reasons. This is no different than a church that covers up rape by a priest or pastor who is powerful and charismatic. The only difference is that it is society-wide.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2024, 07:26:48 PM »

A civil suit filed by a private citizen?

Why do you keep ruining their fantasies with annoying facts?
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2024, 07:38:42 PM »

It does not matter much, if anything it helps Trump.

I'm just curious.  Is there any possible event in the foreseeable future that you can envision harming Trump's chances?

An end to the Israel-Gaza war, or at least Biden stopping the US' support of Israel. Or maybe the Supreme Court overturning Obergefell. Short of that, Biden is likely to lose, as incumbency has become a disadvantage in presidential elections.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2024, 07:59:48 PM »

Her testimony under oath is evidence. It might not be convincing to you but it doesn't matter, legally it's evidence. So there. There was evidence.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2024, 08:00:33 PM »

One moment you claim that "Seriously", you are open to changing your mind. Three sentences later you say that your mind "can't" change, the because you have already decided that the evidence you seek "doesn't exist."

First of all, the witness testimony of E. Jean Carroll is evidence. I understand that means nothing to you because she, after all, is just a woman, while he is the President of the United States. Secondly, Lisa Birnbach and Carol Martin testified that Carroll told them about this incident soon after it occurred. Third of all, Trump's denial is undermined because he first said he had never met her, until a photograph showed the two together. Then he said she was not his type, but when shown the photo, mistook her for his ex wife. And fourth, Trump was caught on tape bragging about sexual assault on an open mic in 2005. Fifth, Trump faces many other allegations from other women, besides Carroll 19 other women have alleged he sexually assaulted them, whose witness testimony is testimony to his negative character.

The election aside, Trump is simply proof that our society ultimately does not care or take seriously rape and sexual assault, if the person in question is deemed to be "too important" for other reasons. This is no different than a church that covers up rape by a priest or pastor who is powerful and charismatic. The only difference is that it is society-wide.

Outstanding post, Beet!
Cyrusman
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2024, 08:06:54 PM »

Her testimony under oath is evidence. It might not be convincing to you but it doesn't matter, legally it's evidence. So there. There was evidence.

What assurance do you have to know she didn't lie under oath?
Randy Marsh
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2024, 08:08:52 PM »

What a laughable argument. The accusation is the proof? Gotta do better than that bud
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2024, 08:08:54 PM »

What assurance do you have to know she didn't lie under oath?

None and I don't need any for it to be evidence.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2024, 08:09:31 PM »

What a laughable argument. The accusation is the proof? Gotta do better than that bud

You didn't say proof, you said evidence, namely one piece of it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies