Megathread: Effect of Biden support for Israel on the election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:01:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Megathread: Effect of Biden support for Israel on the election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]
Author Topic: Megathread: Effect of Biden support for Israel on the election  (Read 8173 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: May 15, 2024, 06:28:27 PM »

that same poll shows voters by a 19 point margin back Israel . So you are just conveniently leaving that out:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/05/13/us/elections/times-siena-poll-registered-voter-crosstabs.html
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #401 on: May 15, 2024, 06:29:47 PM »

That include Trump voters who Biden can safely ignore.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #402 on: May 15, 2024, 06:31:39 PM »

Here's another poll the OP might be interested in: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=583085.0
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #403 on: May 15, 2024, 06:31:52 PM »

I’m suprised and kind of concerned by how small the “both equally” is for my age cohort. This is basically where I’m personally at right now.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #404 on: May 15, 2024, 06:33:41 PM »

Everyone who voted HP must be bankrolled by Israel /J
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #405 on: May 15, 2024, 06:35:30 PM »

Trump does not have a 19 point lead on Joe Biden
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #406 on: May 15, 2024, 06:47:36 PM »

Trump does not have a 19 point lead on Joe Biden

Excluding Trump voters:
24% Israel
33% Palestinians
21% Both equally
22% Don't know
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #407 on: May 15, 2024, 06:48:19 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2024, 08:22:44 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

Moderator note:

pppolitics: I created this megathread months ago so you would stop creating multiple separate threads on Israel/Palestine's effect on the election.  I have just merged another one created by you.  As you may have forgotten about this during your tempban, I am giving you the courtesy of reminding you about it.  However, this will be the only reminder.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #408 on: May 16, 2024, 03:10:41 PM »

Biden's approving more weapons for Israel. In my view, it's less the specific position he takes that is hurting him and more the fact that he won't commit to either position. Maybe it is a lose-lose situation, but it's certainly not helping that he appears so wishy-washy.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #409 on: May 17, 2024, 10:28:32 AM »

I think Biden really hurting himself by seeming to be a flip-flopper such as when Biden said he would cut off some weapons if Israel invade Rafah but when it invaded it he gave it a billion dollars in aid
When one side think that the another is either anti-semitic Hamas supporters or Zionist colonizers when you try to take both sides it doesn't unify them with you it just make then unify to be mad at you.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #410 on: May 17, 2024, 11:20:10 AM »

In the extremely unlikely event that President Biden reads these words:

If you don’t want to be President anymore, Sleepy Joe, just drop out. There’s no need to drag the world down into hell just because you want to retire.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #411 on: May 17, 2024, 11:49:39 AM »

The people Biden is going to "lose" over this were ass***** who either weren't going to vote or were going to vote for some clown car candidate anyway. On the other hand if Biden full on joined the Hamas wing of the Dem party he'd lose so many normies and might as well just hand the election to Trump. How loud someone shouts does not equate to how many of them there are.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #412 on: May 17, 2024, 03:08:50 PM »

Biden's approving more weapons for Israel. In my view, it's less the specific position he takes that is hurting him and more the fact that he won't commit to either position. Maybe it is a lose-lose situation, but it's certainly not helping that he appears so wishy-washy.

It's lose-lose.

Commit more to Israel = shed more Muslim and young voters.

Don't commit = shed Jewish voters and be accused of being an antisemite.

Either way, if Biden loses, you'll have Israel and Gaza to thank.

Obama24
United States
« Reply #413 on: May 17, 2024, 03:14:58 PM »

The people Biden is going to "lose" over this were ass***** who either weren't going to vote or were going to vote for some clown car candidate anyway. On the other hand if Biden full on joined the Hamas wing of the Dem party he'd lose so many normies and might as well just hand the election to Trump. How loud someone shouts does not equate to how many of them there are.

Call them what you want, but they might've actually voted for Biden. I think you're gonna wake up after election day and when the postmortem is done you're gonna find that a lot of young people (who'd normally vote Democrat because of abortion and gay rights) and a lot of Muslims stayed home in key areas.

You have to understand, there doesn't need to be "many of them." Just a few thousand in each  competitive state.

I mean, there's 70,000 Muslims in Wisconsin.

There's 241,000 Muslims in Michigan.

Philadelphia alone has over 300,000 Muslims.

Georgia has between 463,000 and 800,000 Muslims (the exact number is unclear due to self underreporting).

Arizona has over 100,000 Muslims.

Even New York City, which usually is Safe D, has over 750,000 Muslims. I can attest that in the most Muslim area of Brooklyn, Bay Ridge, there were passionate protests against Israel.

Consider that the 2020 election was decided by something like 70,000 votes across 4-5 states.

Now, look at those numbers of Muslims in these battleground states again, excluding NYC.

Let's say even half or a third stay home in each state, well, that means Trump takes those states. And thus, also, likely the election.

That's not even factoring the non-Muslim voters who hold sympathy with the Gaza people and who may also stay home in those states, especially the young.

Democrats lose historically not because their positions are unpopular, but because of low voter turnout.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies