ND GOP Rep. Kelly Armstrong to run for Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:12:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ND GOP Rep. Kelly Armstrong to run for Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ND GOP Rep. Kelly Armstrong to run for Governor  (Read 1367 times)
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2024, 04:07:49 PM »

JMT

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 05:55:29 PM »

Rick Becker, a far right Republican who ran as an Independent for U.S. Senate in 2022 against John Hoeven and received over 18% of the vote, is running for the House seat Armstrong is vacating:

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 07:30:09 PM »

He looks a little like Doug Burgum.

Is this just how North Dakotans look? I've never personally met any.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 07:43:00 PM »

Rick Becker, a far right Republican who ran as an Independent for U.S. Senate in 2022 against John Hoeven and received over 18% of the vote, is running for the House seat Armstrong is vacating:

Becker has a genuinely puncheable face.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 08:33:13 PM »

He looks a little like Doug Burgum.

Is this just how North Dakotans look? I've never personally met any.
We should meet up some time!
JMT

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 12:03:49 PM »

Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 10:54:51 PM »

Establishes Rick Becker (libertarian-esque freedom caucus guy) as the frontrunner.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024, 10:58:35 PM »

Establishes Rick Becker (libertarian-esque freedom caucus guy) as the frontrunner.

Fedorchak?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2024, 11:10:51 PM »

Fedorchak?
Doesn't have good fundraising, literally just joined the race now while Becker has been campaigning for months, 0 name recognition and most of the state government (apart from Burgum) is behind Becker.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 01:15:36 PM »

Former Miss America Cara Mund is running for this seat as a Republican. She ran as an independent in 2022 and was the de facto Democratic candidate since no D ran, and she put up a respectable performance. Last time around she said her decision to run was based on Dobbs. Wonder what her position on that is now that she's a Republican?
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 07:46:40 PM »

Former Miss America Cara Mund is running for this seat as a Republican. She ran as an independent in 2022 and was the de facto Democratic candidate since no D ran, and she put up a respectable performance. Last time around she said her decision to run was based on Dobbs. Wonder what her position on that is now that she's a Republican?

According to an article I read on apnews.com, Mund said that "'I'm a strong believer in limited government. I don't think that they should be controlling women'" and that she's running as a Republican "to give North Dakotans a strong voice in Congress, 'not just a puppet sitting in that seat.'" So I'm guessing she's keeping the same stance on Dobbs and abortion that she had last time she ran.
Zenobiyl
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 08:10:44 PM »

According to an article I read on apnews.com, Mund said that "'I'm a strong believer in limited government. I don't think that they should be controlling women'" and that she's running as a Republican "to give North Dakotans a strong voice in Congress, 'not just a puppet sitting in that seat.'" So I'm guessing she's keeping the same stance on Dobbs and abortion that she had last time she ran.
Good god her website is atrocious. Almost nothing on policy (the home section blurb is a word-for-word copy of the about page lmao), barely navigable on a phone, and the headline is so bizarrely worded.

“First female in the US House” just comes off weird and there are tons of better ways to phrase that.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2024, 09:01:57 PM »

Good god her website is atrocious. Almost nothing on policy (the home section blurb is a word-for-word copy of the about page lmao), barely navigable on a phone, and the headline is so bizarrely worded.

“First female in the US House” just comes off weird and there are tons of better ways to phrase that.

Tbf, the grammar in Kelly Armstrong's governor announcement was far from perfect as well. Maybe this is just a North Dakota thing  Huh Huh
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2024, 07:01:26 PM »

A beauty pageant contestant could give a more coherent and meaningful answer than that. Oh wait...

Being serious though, she probably will need to pivot to a pro-life stance to win the primary. It's way too easy for her opponents to dispatch her by running a few ads saying she's pro-choice. Otherwise though, I do wonder if she could make a serious play at the nomination. She's far from the most serious or experienced primary candidate, but she has great name recognition in the state and is something of a hometown hero for being the first North Dakota winner of Miss America. Might be why she did surprisingly well in 2022.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2024, 07:23:11 PM »

A beauty pageant contestant could give a more coherent and meaningful answer than that. Oh wait...

Being serious though, she probably will need to pivot to a pro-life stance to win the primary. It's way too easy for her opponents to dispatch her by running a few ads saying she's pro-choice. Otherwise though, I do wonder if she could make a serious play at the nomination. She's far from the most serious or experienced primary candidate, but she has great name recognition in the state and is something of a hometown hero for being the first North Dakota winner of Miss America. Might be why she did surprisingly well in 2022.
North Dakota does not have party registration (in fact no voter registration at all) so it's essentially an open primary, her strategy could be to remain pro-choice and win a splintered field with Democratic crossover votes.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2024, 10:21:32 AM »

I wouldn't go that far. Guy gives major gay vibes though
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2024, 06:48:09 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2024, 07:00:40 PM by they don't love you like i love you »

So yeah sounds like she's running as a pro-choice and anti-Trump Republican. Interesting angle.
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2024, 11:07:26 PM »

Why did I think this was a Madison Gesiotto Gilbert reference?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2024, 04:07:24 AM »

So yeah sounds like she's running as a pro-choice and anti-Trump Republican. Interesting angle.
grifter
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2024, 10:24:00 PM »

Complete RINO, haha.

freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2024, 12:28:18 AM »

Complete RINO, haha.

She's clearly only running as a Republican because it's North Dakota. Imagine if she gets elected and then just switches parties lol
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2024, 12:31:14 PM »

I'm going to try to get my family to vote in the R primary to vote for her.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies