Bob Brady possible primary challengers!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 01:23:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bob Brady possible primary challengers!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bob Brady possible primary challengers!  (Read 952 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2007, 12:29:21 PM »
« edited: May 28, 2007, 12:45:29 PM by Keystone Phil »

As if the Mayoral defeat wasn't enough. This would just make my 2008.

Now Brady may have to defend his seat in Washington. He is the only white House member representing a majority African American district, and State Rep. Thomas Blackwell IV, whose father was a U.S. representative, said he was thinking of running. Some also are talking up State Sen. Anthony Williams.

"I'm a politician. I have to consider it," Blackwell said. "I've known Bob for 30 years - he's a friend of mine - but we're in a business where paths sometimes cross. It's nothing personal against Bob, but I just think it's time for a change. That's what you saw on election day."

Williams said: "I'm not advancing my candidacy. As far as I'm concerned, Bob Brady is going to be congressman and head of the Democratic Party for a long time."

Labor leader John Dougherty, who supported Knox, said he had been approached about backing a challenger to Brady.

"People are starting to see weakness," said Dougherty, a bitter foe of Brady's in recent years. "If he thinks he's not going to have any opposition, he's delusional."

By the way, the article also points out another hilarious fact from the May 15th primary - Bob Brady lost his own ward! Seeing this guy go down would be too funny. I'm not saying that it is likely but it could happen.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »

I assume the article means "He is the only white House member representing a majority African American district".

Do you really want to replace a class warrior with a race warrior who campaigns on Brady being "too white" for the district?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 12:45:13 PM »

I assume the article means "He is the only white House member representing a majority African American district".

Oh my. I edited that out. It's in the actual article but I read it the wrong way. I'll fix that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, since you aren't too close to Philly politics I assume that you should know this - Bob Brady is as much of a race baitor as any black candidate that says he's too white. As Chairman of the Philly Dems and as the chief partisan hack, Brady has made it a point to engage in the same games that some now want to play against him (perfect example was the 2003 Mayoral race). It'll be a shame if we get someone like that but it's really the same situation now with Brady.

By the way, the man isn't a "class warrior" or any type of warrior either. He does nothing in DC. It's an absolute joke that he is now Chairman of the House Administration Committee.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 12:51:10 PM »

The article is wrong either way. They clearly aren't aware of Steve Cohen.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 08:07:37 PM »

I even saw the possibility of Lynne Abraham running.  Thing with her is she is loved by whites, but mixed reviews among blacks. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 09:04:20 PM »

I even saw the possibility of Lynne Abraham running.  Thing with her is she is loved by whites, but mixed reviews among blacks. 

Abraham and Brady are very close. That would make absolutely no sense.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies