Death of GI and Silent Generation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:40:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Death of GI and Silent Generation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death of GI and Silent Generation  (Read 421 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 18, 2024, 10:27:51 PM »

Almost all members of GI generation gone while silent generation numbers dwindling rapidly each election cycle so what if any impact will this have on electorate.  My understanding is silent generation is last one to vote heavily along class lines while gender and educational divide quite weak unlike other generations.  Since wealthier tend to live longer than poorer, thus more likely to still be alive probably helps GOP while women live longer so with those still alive being majority female probably doesn't help Democrats much whereas when boomers get to such age probably does. 

I do also wonder if their death is reason many ancestral Democrat areas swinging rapidly GOP.  Middle Tennessee and Appalachia examples of that as I could be me wrong but my guess is many who voted Democrat in 90s and even early 2000s are now dead while those who have come of age since are mostly voting Republican thus reason for big shift more so than voters switching (but some of that too).  So as they die off what impact will that have on electorate?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 07:01:11 AM »

Almost all members of GI generation gone while silent generation numbers dwindling rapidly each election cycle so what if any impact will this have on electorate.  My understanding is silent generation is last one to vote heavily along class lines while gender and educational divide quite weak unlike other generations.  Since wealthier tend to live longer than poorer, thus more likely to still be alive probably helps GOP while women live longer so with those still alive being majority female probably doesn't help Democrats much whereas when boomers get to such age probably does. 

I do also wonder if their death is reason many ancestral Democrat areas swinging rapidly GOP.  Middle Tennessee and Appalachia examples of that as I could be me wrong but my guess is many who voted Democrat in 90s and even early 2000s are now dead while those who have come of age since are mostly voting Republican thus reason for big shift more so than voters switching (but some of that too).  So as they die off what impact will that have on electorate?

This was probably one of the reasons why Florida has trended so rapidly to the right. That, plus elderly boomers moving from the Northeast(Covid caused a LOT of people to see "freer" states, in a Covid-specific context, and the elderly are the most vulnerable demographic to Covid). 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies