538: Biden's approval reaches new low at 56.4%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 10:09:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  538: Biden's approval reaches new low at 56.4%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 538: Biden's approval reaches new low at 56.4%  (Read 513 times)
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 10, 2024, 08:09:39 AM »

But it's only September...October...November...December....2024...

Enough. This fool is putting his own ego above the party and country.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 08:13:28 AM »

And who are you supporting?
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 08:20:32 AM »
« Edited: January 10, 2024, 08:25:15 AM by Comrade Funk »

When in doubt - deflect, deflect, deflect. Atlas must make up 99% of Biden's enthusiastic support (especially his youth support).

I would support pretty much any Dem senator/governor over this geriatric egomaniac.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024, 08:22:47 AM »

But it's only September...October...November...December....2024...

Enough. This fool is putting his own ego above the party and country.

His disapproval rating at RCP hasn't yet reached a new all time high, but it's getting there.

Both 538 and RCP just show a gradual decline in Biden's popularity since it peaked around late March 2023.

That he got no Christmas bounce is another bad sign on the long list of bad signs for Biden.

SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024, 08:24:07 AM »

Expect it to only get worse once Venezuela invades Guyana.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2024, 08:25:25 AM »

When in doubt - deflect, deflect, deflect. Atlas must make up 99% of Biden's enthusiastic support (especially his youth support).

I would support pretty much any Dem senator/governor over this geriatric.

Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 08:29:01 AM »

"I'm voting for Joe Biden because it's the most important election of my life again and I must put aside the fact he's funding ethnic cleansing, while mentally declining, because it is the most important election of my life and Palestinian lives don't matter. Most important election...election...election..."
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2024, 08:30:57 AM »

"I'm voting for Joe Biden because it's the most important election of my life again and I must put aside the fact he's funding ethnic cleansing, while mentally declining, because it is the most important election of my life and Palestinian lives don't matter. Most important election...election...election..."

So you are supporting Biden. Got it.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2024, 08:46:38 AM »

"That, and the economy’s also doing well, WSJ reports. Sure, 70% of your income goes to rent and car insurance only and you’ll never even dream of owning a home, but GDP growth is solid and Bidenomics is working. It’s the economy*, Comrade."

*which was a totally reliable predictor of election results in 2012, 2016, 2018, 2020, and 2022, of course
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2024, 08:52:38 AM »

I would support pretty much any Dem senator/governor over this geriatric egomaniac.

What universe are you living in where he's an egomaniac
Epaminondas

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2024, 09:04:08 AM »

which was a totally reliable predictor of election results in 2012, 2016, 2018, 2020, and 2022, of course

Why not 2014?

You make a good point: economy is going well so vote Republican, wait until they crash it, then vote Democratic to salvage it.
All is well for Chairman Biden 2024 then, given how disastrously everything is going atm.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2024, 09:25:19 AM »

You know darn well Whitmer/Beshear etc were pressured by Biden's folks not to run, don't play dumb!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2024, 09:26:11 AM »

Approval don't matter with 10 months left as I keep saying

Just a note Pelosi, Schumer aren't panicking by the low polls of Biden it's cause for concern but it's still a 303 map
bilaps
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2024, 09:29:54 AM »

The guy is 80 and he runs for president.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2024, 09:31:00 AM »

Because he has double digit negative approvals and is the weakest possible serious candidate we can run?
Epaminondas

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2024, 09:37:50 AM »

Because he has double digit negative approvals and is the weakest possible serious candidate we can run?

Notice how seamlessly this could fit into the screeds of anti-Trump Republicans in early 2020.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2024, 09:46:15 AM »
« Edited: January 10, 2024, 09:49:53 AM by Sir Mohamed »

Where is the evidence that others candidates like Newsom or Whitmer would do better (albeit from the fact that Harris would be a more likely replacement in case Biden steps down)? Polling doesn't really suggest that. If you don't trust polling at this stage of the campaign (which I don't) then why even bother about approval ratings that are less predictative of an election outcome?

The truth is, no matter on which side you are, there are always datapoints or fundamental that support your narrative. Sure, it's annoying not to know what will happen because we're all eager to know what will happen in November.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2024, 09:48:42 AM »

You know darn well Whitmer/Beshear etc were pressured by Biden's folks not to run, don't play dumb!

So you are on board with Draft Whitmer or Draft Beshear? Or do you support Biden?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2024, 09:51:05 AM »

So you are on board with Draft Whitmer or Draft Beshear? Or do you support Biden?
Yes, absolutely! I'm also on record saying I would vote for Phillips if we can't convince those two, you can read my posting history
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2024, 09:52:28 AM »

Yes, absolutely! I'm also on record saying I would vote for Phillips if we can't convince those two, you can read my posting history

Thank you. You are the first "Biden should not run Dem" I've seen who's ever actually been willing to support someone not named Biden. Best of luck to you and Phillips.
Randy Marsh
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2024, 11:05:16 AM »

Meanwhile Trump is registering his best numbers in history

MichaelRbn
Rookie
United States
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2024, 11:21:58 AM »

You do realize that if you only stomp your foot a little bit harder, Biden will see the light and announce he’s not running for a second time.

Stomp harder!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2024, 11:25:12 AM »

Bidens low approvals are age related. They don't necessarily correlate to performance at an election.

He went from +12 with voters under 34 on inauguration to -31 (Civiqs)

With voters over 65 it's went from -2 to 'only' -10.

Young voters show higher dissatisfaction rates with a Democratic President than the oldest Americans. That is unique in close to 30 years of polling.

However. And this needs closer media attention and constant polling;

Large scale youth polls (not subsamples) from end Nov/early Dec; the Harvard youth poll and the Circle poll still show healthy leads for Biden. Harvard has a 24 point Biden lead. That was the same lead as in the exit polls in 2020.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies