Buttigieg - nothing notable tried as Transportation Sec. Has he given up presidential ambitions?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:36:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Buttigieg - nothing notable tried as Transportation Sec. Has he given up presidential ambitions?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Buttigieg - nothing notable tried as Transportation Sec. Has he given up presidential ambitions?  (Read 677 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2024, 11:53:27 PM »

Buttigieg doesn't seem to have tried to do anything notable as Transportation Secretary. I thought he might try to really lead on Biden's infrastructure deal after it passed into law - but he's made no splashes even there.

Is this a good indicator that he's probably given up any presidential ambitions?
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 08:46:41 AM »

Buttigieg doesn't seem to have tried to do anything notable as Transportation Secretary. I thought he might try to really lead on Biden's infrastructure deal after it passed into law - but he's made no splashes even there.

Is this a good indicator that he's probably given up any presidential ambitions?

He officially moved his residence from South Bend, Indiana, to the more electorally advantageous Traverse Bay, Michigan, so I'd say his political prospects in the interim are something Michigan-based. He's said repeatedly in the past he has no desire for a legislature job and wants to instead run things, which leads to Governor of Michigan.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 12:12:12 PM »

I disagree with your assessment.  Buttigieg has been one of the most visible members of the Biden administration and that includes him being one of the major administration cheerleaders for the BID.  He's likely to be a major candidate in 2028 even if he doesn't do anything else before then.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 07:45:04 PM »

I disagree with your assessment.  Buttigieg has been one of the most visible members of the Biden administration and that includes him being one of the major administration cheerleaders for the BID.  He's likely to be a major candidate in 2028 even if he doesn't do anything else before then.
How has he been visible? I saw the occasional spotlight on him, especially early on, but hardly ever about his efforts or accomplishments. More like “let’s ask him about being gay again” and “he took parental leave” stuff.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 07:56:34 PM »

Also there are a lot of other potential 2028 candidates (Beshear, Kelly, Shapiro, Warnock, Ossoff, Whitmer, Moore, possibly Gallego), who would have much stronger credentials than being mayor of a small city turned third-string cabinet secretary. And yes, all the people I mentioned would be much better nominees than Harris or Newsom.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2024, 05:26:32 AM »

Also there are a lot of other potential 2028 candidates (Beshear, Kelly, Shapiro, Warnock, Ossoff, Whitmer, Moore, possibly Gallego), who would have much stronger credentials than being mayor of a small city turned third-string cabinet secretary. And yes, all the people I mentioned would be much better nominees than Harris or Newsom.
Sorry to go off on a tangent, but it shows you how weak Biden is right now because even those last two would be stronger than him at the moment
Property Representative of the Harold Holt Swimming Centre
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2024, 02:11:11 PM »

Polis won't necessarily be the nominee or even a strong contender for the nomination, but he will (if he runs) take the place of Buttigieg as the gay neoliberal Democrat, and one who is also a Governor to boot.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies