Rasmussen: Democrats Trusted More Than Republicans on 10 Key Issues
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 09:24:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Democrats Trusted More Than Republicans on 10 Key Issues
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Democrats Trusted More Than Republicans on 10 Key Issues  (Read 949 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:24:22 AM »

Issue:  Net Democratic Advantage

National Security: +3
Taxes: +5
Abortion: +7
Economy: +8
Ethics & Corruption: +11
War in Iraq: +12
Immigration: +14
Education: +15
Social Security: +16
Healthcare: +27

Democrats are currently trusted more than Republicans on all ten issues measured in Rasmussen Reports tracking surveys. Democrats even have slight advantages on National Security and Taxes, two issues “owned” by Republicans during the generation since Ronald Reagan took office.

On National Security, 46% now trust Democrats more while 43% prefer the GOP. On taxes, the Democrats have a five point advantage, 47% to 42%. Democrats enjoy double digit advantages on ethics and government corruption, the War in Iraq, Immigration, Education, Social Security, and Healthcare.

http://tinyurl.com/2p9mkk
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:11:23 PM »

The funniest part about next year, is that if the Democrats do win (which knowing the democrats won't happen), it will be because of an unpopular Republican, not because they actually earned the American's People's trust.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 08:38:55 PM »

The funniest part about next year, is that if the Democrats do win (which knowing the democrats won't happen), it will be because of an unpopular Republican, not because they actually earned the American's People's trust.

Naso actually makes a very good point that any Democrat looking to the future should consider.  Right now the Democrats are riding a wave of Republican unpopularity that is focused around the idiot in the Oval Office and the war in Iraq.  But what happens when that idiot is gone and US involvement in Iraq is over?  I think that Democrats need to start capitalizing on their strength in the areas of energy, ethics, SS, and healthcare soon if they want to sustain their newfound popularity beyond the end of the Bush presidency.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 08:39:51 PM »

The Democratic leadership has worked hard today to change that.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 09:05:09 PM »

Naso actually makes a very good point that any Democrat looking to the future should consider.  Right now the Democrats are riding a wave of Republican unpopularity that is focused around the idiot in the Oval Office and the war in Iraq.  But what happens when that idiot is gone and US involvement in Iraq is over?  I think that Democrats need to start capitalizing on their strength in the areas of energy, ethics, SS, and healthcare soon if they want to sustain their newfound popularity beyond the end of the Bush presidency.

Remember in 1976, the Democrats had just won the Presidency and had huge advantages in Congress. They thought Nixon had sent them into power for decades. Four years later, the Republicans were swept back into the White House for 12 years.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 09:15:03 PM »

In order to be able to move beyond the Bush presidency, the Bush presidency needs to already be over.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 09:19:19 PM »

Remember in 1976, the Democrats had just won the Presidency and had huge advantages in Congress. They thought Nixon had sent them into power for decades. Four years later, the Republicans were swept back into the White House for 12 years.

That had absolutely nothing to do of course with the fact that Jimmy Carter should never have been nominated for streetsweeper, let alone President, and Ronald Reagan was a great con artist (Before you jump on my back, that's what the good politicians are. Bill Clinton was just as much a con artist as Reagan).
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 09:33:56 PM »

That had absolutely nothing to do of course with the fact that Jimmy Carter should never have been nominated for streetsweeper, let alone President, and Ronald Reagan was a great con artist (Before you jump on my back, that's what the good politicians are. Bill Clinton was just as much a con artist as Reagan).

For all you know, in six years you will be saying:

That had absolutely nothing to do of course with the fact that John Edwards should have never been nominated for streetsweeper, let alone President, and Jeb Bush was a great con artist.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 09:39:48 PM »

That had absolutely nothing to do of course with the fact that John Edwards should have never been nominated for streetsweeper, let alone President, and Jeb Bush was a great con artist.

Well, also, given the fact that I think Jeb Bush isn't exactly on the same charisma level, then I doubt I would say that...

And for all you know, next year you'll be saying:

I can't believe the Democrats won... I can't believe the Democrats won... a'la the late Peter Boyle in that antacid commercial.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 09:41:43 PM »

Well, also, given the fact that I think Jeb Bush isn't exactly on the same charisma level, then I doubt I would say that...

And for all you know, next year you'll be saying:

I can't believe the Democrats won... I can't believe the Democrats won... a'la the late Peter Boyle in that antacid commercial.

Oh, I can believe if they win, but even if they did...1969-2009 had only 12 out of 40 years with a Democratic President Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies