Areas where Trump won minority vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:55:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Areas where Trump won minority vote
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Areas where Trump won minority vote  (Read 502 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 28, 2023, 05:28:38 AM »

I can think of a few cases but not a lot.  While unsure, I heard somewhere he won native Hawaiian vote but not sure if case but definitely won a few communities on back side of Oahu and Niihau which are mostly Hawaiian.  Elsewhere I can think of following:

-  Vietnamese in Orange County, particularly Westminster and Garden Grove (looks like Clinton won them narrowly though in 2016)

-  Hispanics in panhandle of Texas?  Not sure of this but GOP margins so massive wouldn't be surprised.

-  Hispanics in some rural Rio Grande Valley counties, but not most.

-  Lumbee tribe in North Carolina (mostly centered in Robeson County)

-  Cuban and Venezuelan in South Florida

Other than that cannot think of any other areas did so.  Plenty of areas though where Trump got over 40% amongst Hispanics and Asians (not overall but individual areas) but few where won outright.  For Native Americans, while few exit polls, Lumbee Tribe in North Carolina is only one he likely won although possible may have won a few in Oklahoma too. 
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 03:22:15 PM »

Some additional areas:

- Hispanics in Southeast New Mexico and scattered in some areas of NM and CO
- Vietnamese in Houston
- Native Americans in Oklahoma (Adair County is a good example)
- Some mixed Asian areas that are mostly Filipino in Ewa / Pearl City / Aiea area of Oahu

2024 places to watch
- Chinese areas of Brooklyn and Queens
- Arab areas of Detroit and Dearborn
- Hispanic areas in Texas, California (especially Central Valley and Inland Empire), and Nevada
- Specifically Imperial County will be one to watch for which has trended right very fast
Drifting Eagle
Singapore

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2024, 09:38:51 AM »

Just 1 additional area:  There are a few overwhelmingly Alaska Native precincts in the Artic Alaska area which Trump won, sometimes with very large margins. An example of such a precinct is Kaktovik.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2024, 01:41:18 PM »

I don't think Trump actually won Hispanics in the rural TX panhandle/southwest NM/southern Colorado. I made a thread about this a while back but looking at precinct level results, it seems like White turnout in these places was much higher and heavily lopsided Republican it diluted the low turnout Hispanic and gave the impression they voted for Trump. In reality, it seems these Hispanics voted similar to RGV Hispanics; swung hard right but still voted narrowly Biden. It was def a close call though, and the true answer may depend on how broadly you define Hispanic.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 01:59:32 AM »

I don't think Trump actually won Hispanics in the rural TX panhandle/southwest NM/southern Colorado. I made a thread about this a while back but looking at precinct level results, it seems like White turnout in these places was much higher and heavily lopsided Republican it diluted the low turnout Hispanic and gave the impression they voted for Trump. In reality, it seems these Hispanics voted similar to RGV Hispanics; swung hard right but still voted narrowly Biden. It was def a close call though, and the true answer may depend on how broadly you define Hispanic.

May have in some counties where GOP topped 90%.  In places like King County, Texas or Roberts County, Texas, population quite small and communities close knit, even Latino minority very assimilated into community so wouldn't be surprised in those if vote same way.  CNN did a story on Roberts County, Texas after Biden won and almost all the people they interviewed including Latinos supported Trump.  But then again those are counties with very small populations and you are probably right in larger ones like Randall County, Lubbock County Biden did probably win the Hispanic vote but turnout fairly low. 

Certainly with Native Americans this was true as I noticed a few majority Native-American counties that Trump won, but when you look at precinct breakdown, its clear they went massively for Biden, just turnout was substantially lower than amongst whites thus why Trump was able to win county.
kwabbit

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2024, 08:56:51 AM »

I think in Southeast New Mexico Trump did win the Latino vote. Turnout is super low so it's hard to tell but it seems like Biden won it slightly in the cities and lost it heavily in the rural parts.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies