[Third Try] Which is worse, uncritical support or opposition to one's country?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:24:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  [Third Try] Which is worse, uncritical support or opposition to one's country?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is worse?
In General, Uncritical Support

In General, Uncritical Opposition

In My Country, Uncritical Support

In My Country, Uncritical Opposition

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: [Third Try] Which is worse, uncritical support or opposition to one's country?  (Read 246 times)
First1There
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 19, 2023, 06:34:04 PM »

In general, which is worse? Uncritical support or opposition to one's own country?

Specifically, in your country, which is worse? Uncritical support or opposition?

Uncritical meaning the default position is support or opposition, and they don't tend to change their mind no matter the circumstance.
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 08:57:20 PM »

In general, uncritical support is worse than uncritical opposition. Governments around the world do incredibly screwed up things - if you never criticize anything your government does, it means you would have to support and/or be ok with some horrible actions by policymakers.

In my country, uncritical opposition is probably worse - if you live in a reasonably developed and democratic country, your country probably has more blessings than curses, even when it's run by its worst possible leaders. Most issues in democratic societies can be resolved and/or ameliorated either with voting or through pressure from the public, so I wouldn't be inherently hostile to the default position on every issue.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 11:48:23 PM »

I personally find NAFO Iraq War defenders to be a lot less annoying/fascist than woke commies who support Russia and China.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies