The truth about the Satanic Temple
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:00:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The truth about the Satanic Temple
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The truth about the Satanic Temple  (Read 738 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 16, 2023, 12:48:40 PM »

I want to make it clear that I am not a Satanist in any way.

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us

Before being prejudiced against them it is only reasonable to read their seven tenets.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 09:39:54 PM »

I want to make it clear that I am not a Satanist in any way.

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us

Before being prejudiced against them it is only reasonable to read their seven tenets.
So are they vegans?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 02:08:51 AM »

Calling strip clubs places of worship is racketeering behavior of the lowest order, even when compared to modern megachurches
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2023, 04:50:12 AM »

I miss the Satanic Temple Pilots, at least their early stuff.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2023, 02:51:34 PM »

Calling strip clubs places of worship is racketeering behavior of the lowest order, even when compared to modern megachurches
What does that have to do with the OP?

(though, also, many "pagan" religions were absolutely fine with sex, and there were whole temples and sects where it was openly embraced.. so religions that embrace and don't hide sexuality are even older than Christianity, Islam, etc.)
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2023, 09:14:15 PM »

The seven tenets are just Modern Western liberalism in barely theological language.

Which is fine - I don't view the Satanic Temple as evil or anything like that. Just...a little misguided.

They just seem like a bunch of edgy progressive agnostics/atheists who want ritual, but ritual that will annoy the "Establishment," I guess.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2023, 08:57:21 PM »

(though, also, many "pagan" religions were absolutely fine with sex, and there were whole temples and sects where it was openly embraced.. so religions that embrace and don't hide sexuality are even older than Christianity, Islam, etc.)

The Satanic Temple under LaVey ran strip clubs and tried to get tax free status for them back when they began.

Being open to sex is not the problem, the problem is that strip clubs are inherently exploitative and demeaning against their dancers and reinforces bad behavior that the only way to satisfy urges are with money.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 03:48:14 AM »

The Satanic Temple under LaVey ran strip clubs and tried to get tax free status for them back when they began.

Being open to sex is not the problem, the problem is that strip clubs are inherently exploitative and demeaning against their dancers and reinforces bad behavior that the only way to satisfy urges are with money.
Lavey, who died in 1997, was the founder of the Church of Satan.
The Church of Satan and the Satanic Temple are two very different things.
They are rivals with little in common.
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2023, 07:51:17 PM »

"The truth about the Satanic Temple" is that it is a juvenile marketing gimmick for secular humanists.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies