Motion of No Confidence in acting PPT Louisville Thunder
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:03:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Motion of No Confidence in acting PPT Louisville Thunder
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Motion of No Confidence in acting PPT Louisville Thunder  (Read 511 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 16, 2023, 12:24:09 AM »
« edited: December 16, 2023, 12:32:28 AM by Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR) »

As Dean of the Senate, and acting in accordance with the OSPR, as six (6) senators have supported the motion. I am opening the Motion of No Confidence in against the Acting President ProTempore, Louisville Thunder. Senators please see the motion below:

Quote from: Motion of No Confidence in Acting PPT Louisville Thunder
Persuant to Senate Rule, Article I, Section 4, I initiate a Motion of No Confidence against acting PPT LouisvilleThunder for the following reasons:

1. For improper conduct as Deputy PPT. During SB-117-18: Stop the Harassment Act, LouisvilleThunder acting contrary to the Senate rules, attempted to illegally count an amendment vote that was at least 9 hours late to influence the result to his desired outcome (turning a defeat of the amendment into a tie). As Deputy PPT he had to be overruled, and cannot be trusted to act as an impartial PPT.

2. For displaying partisan hubris unbecoming of a PPT.

3. For not resigning his position as acting PPT in order to restore Wulfric to the positon of PPT, when Wulfric only lost the position and he only gained it due to two seperate technicalities.

Should this motion be successful, I intend to nominate Wulfric as PPT.

xTea Party Hater
x reagente
x Muad'Dib
x fhtagn
X rfayette
xChiefCringeLordMike

I am opening this up for the Senate to debate.

Quote from: Official Senate Procedures and Rules for Operation
4.) The President Pro Tempore will be subject to a Motion of No Confidence should his peers decide it, said proceeding being initiated if at least six Senators have sponsored a Motion of No Confidence, introduced in the Legislative Introduction Thread, against the PPT, citing the motives of why the PPT should be removed from his office.

5.) The Dean of the Senate shall open a thread and commence the debates. Debates shall last at least for 96 hours. After the debates have elapsed, the Dean of the Senate shall open a vote, which shall last for 96 hours. A two-thirds majority of the sitting Senators is needed for the motion to succeed, at which point the concerned Senator will immediately cease to be PPT. Only one Motion of No Confidence can be introduced against a given PPT per legislative session.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 03:05:57 AM »

I appreciate the bipartisan confidence in my abilities as PPT, but this is just pointless:

1. I lost the technical title of PPT justly and fairly when the voters decided to demote me from a Senator back to an LGC member. LT cannot and should not be 'blamed' for this, it makes sense that any senator's first priority would be securing their own re-election before helping others.

2. There will basically be no difference in Senate administration from 12/14 to 1/5 compared to before 12/14. I expect to do most if not all PPT duties as a deputy PPT, mostly as a result of being the one whose name is on various threads. I do not need the actual title of PPT to do the bulk of the work.

3. The issue cited by the motion is an isolated issue that has long since been resolved and isn't even from the current session of the Senate. There is no current reason to believe a similar issue will occur in a relevant timeframe.

4. Even if LT had resigned after appointing me as Deputy, and even if he had dismissed Deputy Christian Man, I would still only be an acting PPT. LT could not have made me a "proper" PPT again, as that title only comes by winning a standard PPT election.

5. There will be a regularly scheduled PPT election in less than three weeks. Any grievances against a potential LT candidacy to become a "proper" PPT can be aired then.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2023, 12:55:31 AM »

I motion to table the motion. Is there objection?
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 06:46:17 PM »

I motion to table the motion. Is there objection?

I object. The points raised still stand. I will be happy to table should he resign.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2023, 06:55:34 PM »

I move for a final vote once the minimum 96 hours has elapsed. Let's clear the floor of this round of nonsense from the Hate, Spite, and Treason Caucus of 6.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2023, 07:51:46 PM »

Withdrawing the Tabling motion.

I would view LT resigning from the PPT team as an amicable resolution (which, FTR, would still leave Christian Man as more senior than me), but I cannot support the motion and the "PPT for a week" election it would generate.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2023, 11:20:16 PM »

LOL, do senators from SNP really think we have an IQ of 50

You're talking about a mistake that happened three months ago... not even during this session.

I honestly made mistakes like that every day when i was PPT.

Mr. Reactionary made a habit of counting these votes, no one objected or called for a motion of no confidence there.

I don't know what you're even trying to do, but it's 1) not funny and 2) a waste of your time in a game you supposedly don't care about and 3) incredibly silly.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 12:01:35 AM »

Interesting that you are happy to allow partisan hubris to continue. Also as Dean, the running of the no confidence motion is in my jurisdiction not that of the PPT or acting PPT. In the spirit of Christmas, and a gesture of good will to all. I will be open to withdrawing the motion.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2023, 12:31:45 AM »

Mr. Reactionary made a habit of counting these votes, no one objected or called for a motion of no confidence there.

I don't know what you're even trying to do, but it's 1) not funny and 2) a waste of your time in a game you supposedly don't care about and 3) incredibly silly.

The difference is the degree to which the votes were late. There is good precedent to count votes that were technically cast after 72/96 hours but were still cast before the PPT got around to certifying the vote. I have upheld this precedent. The incident mentioned here instead involved a vote that was cast after the vote had been certified by me. LT, without even bothering to formally ask for UC, counted the late vote and re-did the certification in violation of the rules. I will note that during the passage of SB 118-42, I did count two votes cast after certification, but I did so transparently, by formally asking for UC, waiting out the 24 hours, and only then posting the new result. LT's lack of transparency and respect for process in going beyond where the historical precedent is presumably why the motion is being raised.

That being said, I do agree the motion is largely pointless at this point in the session. I would also like to resolve this amicably in the spirit of Christmas.

If the motion is withdrawn, and if I am appointed to the next Senate and chosen as PPT, I will not appoint LT as a deputy. I am not able to make this assurance if the motion proceeds to a vote.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2023, 05:30:15 PM »

I would also like to resolve this amicably in the spirit of Christmas.

If the motion is withdrawn, and if I am appointed to the next Senate and chosen as PPT, I will not appoint LT as a deputy. I am not able to make this assurance if the motion proceeds to a vote.
Motion of no confidence is withdrawn. Merry Christmas y'all.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2023, 05:37:51 PM »

Thank you.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2023, 05:40:19 PM »

You better start the vote in 7 hours or else.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2023, 05:46:30 PM »

FTR, I still do not appreciate the fact the motion was raised and I will not be appointing an SNPer as deputy in the 119th Senate.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2023, 05:52:13 PM »

Or else literally what. Sounding like a petty dictator.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2023, 05:52:50 PM »

empty threats.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2023, 05:54:28 PM »

FTR, I still do not appreciate the fact the motion was raised and I will not be appointing an SNPer as deputy in the 119th Senate.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2023, 09:09:39 PM »

empty threats.

Looks like I was right.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies