Will Russia win the war?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:03:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Will Russia win the war?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: No matter what, it's clear Ukraine has lost. But will Russia win and start invading the Baltic states?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Will Russia win the war?  (Read 793 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2023, 02:37:44 PM »

Russia has already lost the war. They have zero chance of achieving their prewar objective and whatever they might eventually get in a hypothetical negotiation will not be worth the loss of men and equipment they endured, let alone the economic losses and loss of international prestige. Of course, arguably Ukraine is heading toward a loss as well, but there is still a real possibility to turn it into a victory with enough Western support. Of course that would require one certain political party to stop acting like traitors...
That video is almost one year old.

Irrelevant. None of the relevant factors have changed, or are even capable of changing since they're things that have already happened.
Russia has consolidated it's gains and winning the war of attrition.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2023, 06:12:25 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2023, 06:24:23 PM by Punxsutawney Phil »

This is like the 5th time you made a thread like this so why not just bump one of the old ones?
This doesn't actually work as a reply. The war has been going on for over 18 months. Months later, bumping polls that themselves are snapshots of how the forum felt in a given moment when they were made? Joking, right?
It works when the OP is deliberately trolling case in point he made this thread literally the next day
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=575391.0
I was neither arguing against nor arguing for this facet of your case you were making. It's just laughable to consider a poll being made months ago surveying the forum on something to suffice for the same now. (While I do agree I'm not a huge fan of how they've been set up in this case and in any case way too deadset on the worst thing happening, that's a different issue)
I've seen some Europeans (particularly Eastern ones) argue almost exact same thing SnowLabrador is arguing here, btw. "If Putin wins then he won't stop in Ukraine etc"
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies