WB For Great Lakes Senate - Respect, Progress, Protection
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:15:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  WB For Great Lakes Senate - Respect, Progress, Protection
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WB For Great Lakes Senate - Respect, Progress, Protection  (Read 344 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 07, 2023, 01:22:59 AM »

Good evening everyone, and thank you for braving the cold tonight for our campaign kick-off.

It's been a long and rough road for me from the time I felt forced into leaving the south due to its increasing insanity, a trend that has not ebbed. I thought I couldn't find a new home here. But you all proved me so terribly wrong in that belief. It has been an immense honor to work for the people of Lincoln, and of the Great Lakes, in the LGC these past months, including the past 2 terms as Speaker. And now, I wish to bring those same ideas and work ethic to the Senate. That's why I decided to run for the subregional seat.

This campaign is based on 3 pillars: Respect, Progress, and Protection.

First, is Respect for my opponent in this race. Cao and I have worked together in various forms for years now, and I will not stoop to try and fling mud at a man I consider a good friend, and a great member of the GM Team. I want this campaign to be amicable, where either of us may truthfully and wholeheartedly congratulate the other for their victory.

Second, is Progress, both economic and social. I will continue to push for progressive legislation and the repeal of many regressive, reactionary bills that have hurt a great many people of this subregion. I am certain that we can work across party lines - Labor, Peace, DA, Federalist, and Independent - to uplift our working class and LGBT communities.

Finally, is Protection, primarily of our people against reactionary bills. Just this term we saw a bill pass that forces women to dangerously give birth to children with deformities like Acrania, so severe that it is near certain that they will die within hours or days. More crazy bills have come down the line these past months, and I will not stand for them. I was the hardest fighter against the insane moralizing SNP crowd before, and I promise you, I will be there to fight them again, and I won't be alone. My great friends Nerd and Pyro have fought just as hard as I did before, if not more so, against these bills, and the three of us combined will be the shield and vanguard against this insanity. 

But even beyond that, I wish to protect the people of the Great Lakes in other ways, by expanding on the model laid out in my bill, the Steven Davoll Memorial Flood Relief Act, to increase our investments in protecting against flooding and other natural disasters. By continuing and expanding our support for clean energy and climate change mitigation. And by holding myself accountable and active in this coming senate term.

I hope that I can earn your support in this election, and I wish the best of luck to Cao in this race. Let us have a great campaign!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 01:35:28 AM »

Endorsed!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 12:42:44 AM »

Thank you!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 12:28:48 AM »

Victory Party

Thank you people of the Great Lakes!

You have spoken, and I have been informed that it appears I have won the election. Firstly, I want to thank Senator Cao for a hard-fought campaign both for this seat and for at-large. I still respect him deeply and hope we can keep working together well after a tough campaign.

With this election, you all have shown that you want an active, progressive voice against the reactionary bills we've seen trying to get through the senate. Let me tell you now, I will not let you down! And with Pyro and Nerd both holding regional or subregional seats, Lincoln has shown its commitment to progress. I also want to congratulate my great friend Sirius, who was the first to introduce me to Atlasia, for her re-election as Governor. It's a great accomplishment and even moreso as a write in.

While the votes are still being tallied, I am certain that progressive forces have won out nationally as well. Let us not stop here, our movement goes beyond just one election! Thank you again!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies