Trump leads poll map with over 300 electoral votes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:04:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump leads poll map with over 300 electoral votes
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump leads poll map with over 300 electoral votes  (Read 308 times)
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 05, 2023, 11:29:27 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2024/polls.php

Picks up NV, AZ, GA, PA and MI - while WI and MN are dead-heat and even CO and VA are close.

Why are the colors mixed up? Red for Democrats and Blue for Republicans?
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 11:38:58 PM »

It is surprising to me that Trump picks up 5 states, but not WI.

But someone has noted that Biden polled much better than he did on election day in Wisconsin and Hillary Clinton too. Maybe there is a polling problem in Wisconsin? But maybe there is a polling problem with Trump and Republicans too, after 2022 and 2023.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 11:52:38 PM »

I thought you'd been around  for a while now, no? Never come across the Atlas colour scheme  before?
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 11:53:57 PM »

I thought you'd been around  for a while now, no? Never come across the Atlas colour scheme  before?

I have seen this scheme before, but why is that?
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 11:59:19 PM »

I believe the "inverted" scheme (at least, that's what we non-Americans call the use of red for the right-wing party but blue for the further-left option) hadn't caught on into mainstream usage yet, by the time the USEA adopted the more "conventional" format in its data trove of historical archives. At that point, it would've presumably been too costly and time-consuming to switch everything back over again.
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2023, 12:06:26 AM »

I believe the "inverted" scheme (at least, that's what we non-Americans call the use of red for the right-wing party but blue for the further-left option) hadn't caught on into mainstream usage yet, by the time the USEA adopted the more "conventional" format in its data trove of historical archives. At that point, it would've presumably been too costly and time-consuming to switch everything back over again.

Thanks. So this Atlas uses a more European perspective of maps. We have red for SPD and social democratic parties, blue for right parties. It is slightly distracting, because the American media uses inverted colours, but you get used to it.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023, 12:11:30 AM »

Thanks. So this Atlas uses a more European perspective of maps. We have red for SPD and social democratic parties, blue for right parties. It is slightly distracting, because the American media uses inverted colours, but you get used to it.

Yeah, I generally see black being used as the main colour for the CDU/CSU which is quite unique, but apart from that, the German electoral layout seems pretty much par for the course ... although Die Linke's purple/maroon is a little bit strange as well.
IndianAmericanRepublican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2023, 05:01:13 AM »

It is surprising to me that Trump picks up 5 states, but not WI.

But someone has noted that Biden polled much better than he did on election day in Wisconsin and Hillary Clinton too. Maybe there is a polling problem in Wisconsin? But maybe there is a polling problem with Trump and Republicans too, after 2022 and 2023.

Wisconsin is hard to poll, I heard rural Wisconsinites are hard to contact and get honest information out of. I also heard the same thing about Western Pennsylvania.
EastwoodS

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2023, 05:09:18 AM »

I guess the one poll last week where Biden re-gained a lead was a nothing burger.
IndianAmericanRepublican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2023, 05:11:36 AM »

I guess the one poll last week where Biden re-gained a lead was a nothing burger.

If you're referring to that Morning Consult Biden+1 poll, it still suggests Trump is leading the popular vote and well ahead in the electoral college, because Morning Consult even overhyped Democrat performance in the generic ballot last year.

Same with YouGov.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies