Report: Dem/GOP lawmakers want to condition aid to ME nations on cooperating w/ Gazan mass expulsion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:12:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Report: Dem/GOP lawmakers want to condition aid to ME nations on cooperating w/ Gazan mass expulsion
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Report: Dem/GOP lawmakers want to condition aid to ME nations on cooperating w/ Gazan mass expulsion  (Read 398 times)
RilakkuMAGA
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: -2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2023, 07:53:08 PM »

https://www.israelhayom.com/2023/11/29/senior-us-lawmakers-review-plan-that-conditions-aid-on-arab-countries-receiving-gazans/
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 08:02:58 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2023, 09:29:07 AM by Person Man »

That seems fair but this will be for nothing if we don’t stop creating refugee situations. We need to be tough on aggressive dictators, terrorism, global warming, and other threats to global law and order.
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 09:23:30 PM »

Wow! This could save a lot of lives and get people out of that "open-air prison". I'm sure progressives, who care so much about Palestinian lives that are being attacked by the rogue apartheid nuclear state, are strong supporters of this. The same way they support taking Syrian refugees, Ukrainian refugees, Afghan refugees... right?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 10:09:29 PM »

Wow! This could save a lot of lives and get people out of that "open-air prison". I'm sure progressives, who care so much about Palestinian lives that are being attacked by the rogue apartheid nuclear state, are strong supporters of this. The same way they support taking Syrian refugees, Ukrainian refugees, Afghan refugees... right?

I think so.

This would not be a great, or even good solution, but I'm not sure good solutions are even possible with this particular conflict anymore - I certainly haven't heard any that I think have a chance of working as presented, which this does. Real people getting to live their lives, with more freedom than they had, is better than more deaths. It's prettied-up ethnic cleansing, which will haunt Israel forever, but it is better than kilodeaths at the hands of the Israeli state and Hamas.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 10:13:40 PM »

On one hand this could be a very temporary type measure with camps in Sinai (not that Egypt would allow it lol)
On the other hand Israel should not be allowed to take over the Gaza Strip for their use long term, it should be resettled by any Palestinian refugees afterwards.

In practice, all this will do is annoy some ME nations while nothing actually changes, and if this actually pushed such a change in policy, it would just give Israel the entire Strip, make America look awful, cause millions of kids to be displaced permanently, and create an even worse situation than now.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 10:43:38 PM »

Seems like a prety reasonable proposal to me.
But I have no idea what this source is, and there’s no lawmakers actually named or anyone quoted on the record.  So I’ll believe this when I actually see something real about it.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 01:09:31 AM »

I am opposed to this.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2023, 01:30:32 AM »

You see my friend, this is where you are wrong.

Progressives believe that the Gaza strip should have never been turned into an open-air prison to begin with, and as such, seek to it's righteous dismantlement.

Progressives want that rouge nuclear apartheid state to be reigned in and behaving and acting like a properly civilized nation worthy of upholding such self-proclaimed statements as being "the most moral army in the World" and "the only democracy in the Middle East."

And progressives would like there to NOT be a need for people to flee their own homes and seek refuge elsewhere in the first place.

So unfortunately for you, no progressive should support this pathetic excuse to legitimize ethnic cleansing.
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2023, 01:33:25 AM »

And like clockwork, there's a thread calling this proposal a second "nakba"
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2023, 01:34:33 AM »

You see my friend, this is where you are wrong.

Progressives believe that the Gaza strip should have never been turned into an open-air prison to begin with, and as such seek to it's righteous dismantlement.

Progressives want that rouge nuclear apartheid state to be reigned in and behaving and acting like a properly civilized nation worthy of upholding such self-proclaimed statements as being "the most moral army in the World" and "the only democracy in the Middle East."

And progressives would like there to NOT be a need for people to flee their own homes and seek refuge elsewhere in the first place.

So unfortunately for you, no progressive should support this pathetic excuse to legitimize ethnic cleansing.

What is your plan on stopping the rogue nuclear state from waging war on what it views as an existential threat? The US cannot make Israel stop and the overwhelming majority of Israeli society supports this. If the US cuts Israel off it will become more brutal because it has nothing to lose anymore. So tell me how your fantasy becomes reality.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2023, 02:16:32 AM »

If Israel continues and forces Gazans out of their native land I will welcome they with open arms.

But Israel isn’t doing this out of some goodwill or kind heart. Netanyahu is as much a threat to peace in the Middle East as Hamas.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2023, 06:49:40 AM »

Why TF would they send refugees to Yemen?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2023, 12:25:16 PM »

Why TF would they send refugees to Yemen?

It’s Not Israel
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies