FL-Gov 2026: Moskowitz vs. Gaetz (Trump midterm)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:36:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-Gov 2026: Moskowitz vs. Gaetz (Trump midterm)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Jared Moskowitz (D)

Matt Gaetz (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: FL-Gov 2026: Moskowitz vs. Gaetz (Trump midterm)  (Read 3574 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2023, 01:36:07 PM »

Who would win the battle of two mid-40s congressmen from opposite sides of the state?

Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 02:23:20 PM »

Gaetz. Moskowitz is one of the few who would have no shot here.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2023, 02:26:07 PM »

Gaetz. It's Florida.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2023, 02:38:27 PM »

Gaetz is one of the few candidates who could blow a safe R Gov seat, but I don't think Moskowitz is the strongest candidate - he's a bit of a loose cannon himself.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2023, 06:21:13 PM »

Gaetz is textbook awful, awful enough to where he could be the only Republican who loses in 2020s Florida, but at the same time Moskowitz isn’t exactly the best candidate for Democrats

If I had to chose a winner I would say Moskowitz by a hair or so, if only because it would be a Trump midterm
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2023, 06:30:17 PM »

Safe Gaetz. But not quite a 2022 blowout.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2023, 04:40:55 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2023, 04:48:27 PM by SilverStar »

I think that Donna Deegan will be the Demoratic nominee
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2023, 01:46:54 AM »

Gaetz is a stronger candidate then Moskowitz
EastwoodS

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2023, 03:00:58 PM »

Let's be honest, Gaetz fits the overton window of Florida fabulously.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 08:49:36 PM »

Moskowitz would win this one, as much as I like Gaetz. Moskowitz is the best candidate the Democrats can hope for, because he's the only one who could stop Matt Gaetz.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2024, 10:26:38 PM »

Moskowitz would win this one, as much as I like Gaetz. Moskowitz is the best candidate the Democrats can hope for, because he's the only one who could stop Matt Gaetz.

That seems to be against the conventional wisdom of most posters here across the ideological spectrum. Still, you know Florida politics. Care to elaborate?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2024, 10:45:12 PM »

That seems to be against the conventional wisdom of most posters here across the ideological spectrum. Still, you know Florida politics. Care to elaborate?
Moskowitz, like DeSantis, was an effective administrator, but unlike DeSantis, Moskowitz has some charisma. While Florida is drifting far enough in the right direction for Gaetz to likely be our next Governor, he's not unbeatable. His controversies (the bogus sex trafficking thing, his role in the chaos in the House of Representatives, his association with MTG and Trump) will come forward if he's the nominee, and Moskowitz is the only Democrat who can attack him on these and not sound like some broken MSNBC record.

Gaetz could still beat Moskowitz, but the race would be ugly and close, and whoever wins will come out as a polarizing figure. I'm hoping Moskowitz goes for Senate in 2028 rather than Governor in 2026, because he's the only decent candidate the Democrats have.

Moskowitz and Gaetz are friendly, IIRC, and there's a chance they can have a gentleman's agreement and keep the campaign focused on the issues. If that's the case, Gaetz will win, but if Moskowitz goes aggressive and continues to pitch himself as he is now, than he will be competitive.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2024, 11:11:46 PM »

Moskowitz, like DeSantis, was an effective administrator, but unlike DeSantis, Moskowitz has some charisma. While Florida is drifting far enough in the right direction for Gaetz to likely be our next Governor, he's not unbeatable. His controversies (the bogus sex trafficking thing, his role in the chaos in the House of Representatives, his association with MTG and Trump) will come forward if he's the nominee, and Moskowitz is the only Democrat who can attack him on these and not sound like some broken MSNBC record.

Gaetz could still beat Moskowitz, but the race would be ugly and close, and whoever wins will come out as a polarizing figure. I'm hoping Moskowitz goes for Senate in 2028 rather than Governor in 2026, because he's the only decent candidate the Democrats have.

Moskowitz and Gaetz are friendly, IIRC, and there's a chance they can have a gentleman's agreement and keep the campaign focused on the issues. If that's the case, Gaetz will win, but if Moskowitz goes aggressive and continues to pitch himself as he is now, than he will be competitive.
I agree Moskowitz is the Democrats best Candidate but can he beat Nikki Fried in a D-Primary? I doubt it. AND I doubt Gaetz even runs for Governor. He probably only runs if Trump is President. If Biden wins this year that will end the Discussion about Trumpism and the Party is likely to move on from Trump.

I that case Nunez, Moody or Patronis will be the Frontrunners for 2026.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2024, 05:13:23 AM »

Facebook they said be very careful about Powell and ALLRED the polls are showing 43/27 leads but we know Cruz and Scott are up 6/7 pts
EastwoodS

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2024, 10:34:57 AM »

Gaetz +10 is a no brainer
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2024, 01:54:18 PM »

Nominating Gaetz would be the perfect way for the GOP to throw away a winnable race.  I think Moskowitz would win.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2024, 02:01:46 PM »

Nominating Gaetz would be the perfect way for the GOP to throw away a winnable race.  I think Moskowitz would win.
Whether Gaetz even runs depends a lot on a Trump Win this November I think which I stated above. A Trump loss probably means lunatics like Gaetz are finished in FL and it that case I make Nunez or Moody the Favorite to become Floridas next Governor unless Casey DeSantis herself runs.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2024, 02:04:56 PM »

Whether Gaetz even runs depends a lot on a Trump Win this November I think which I stated above. A Trump loss probably means lunatics like Gaetz are finished in FL and it that case I make Nunez or Moody the Favorite to become Floridas next Governor unless Casey DeSantis herself runs.

I think Gaetz, if the nominee in a Trump midterm in 2026, would have to be facing someone uniquely bad as a candidate.  Like, I think he would beat Rebekah Jones (that former health staffer who turned into a zero-covid conspiracy theorist who thought that DeSantis hid the real data), but Moskowitz seems like a pretty standard South Florida Jewish Democrat to me (based on what I know about him).
Spectator
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2024, 03:12:18 PM »

Gaetz is probably the only Republican that can lose Florida now, but the opposition is also the party that nominated a guy under FBI investigation in 2018.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2024, 03:32:12 PM »

I think Gaetz, if the nominee in a Trump midterm in 2026, would have to be facing someone uniquely bad as a candidate.  Like, I think he would beat Rebekah Jones (that former health staffer who turned into a zero-covid conspiracy theorist who thought that DeSantis hid the real data), but Moskowitz seems like a pretty standard South Florida Jewish Democrat to me (based on what I know about him).
There is going to be a Democratic Primary between Nikki Fried & Jared Moskowitz (if he does run which I honestly doubt should Democrats retake the House).

Since you are an DeSantis Supporter it is interesting to note that DeSantis Lt. Governor Jeanette Nunez hasn't endorsed Trump while all the other Statewide Officeholders like AG Moody, Ag Commissioner Wilton Simpson and CFO Patronis have. I wonder why? Maybe she waits after the Florida Primary. She did endorse Rubio in 2016 when she was a State Legislator and called him a Con Artist so there is that.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2024, 04:05:48 PM »

The one who at least admits he's a Republican.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2024, 11:06:14 AM »

Gaetz has Roy Moore problems
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2024, 11:46:38 AM »

No he doesn't. Quit trying to make Matt Gaetz's pedophile scandal happen. It's not happening. This guy has so many enemies in Tallahassee, much less Washington, that he'd long be in jail if he did anything remotely close to illegal.

Matt Gaetz doesn't have a pedophile problem. Matt Gaetz has a Matt Gaetz problem. But I still think he can overcome and win.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2024, 10:41:54 PM »

Very serious 2018 vibes I'm getting from this, so I'll guess Gaetz takes it in a nailbiter.
ClassicElectionEnthusiast
Rookie
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2024, 01:53:48 PM »

If Gaetz stays out of his own way; he would probably be the favorite in this scenario.

*I made the "if" larger on purpose.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies