When will we next get large swaths of 100% D/R precincts federally? Is it even possible?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:30:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When will we next get large swaths of 100% D/R precincts federally? Is it even possible?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will we next get large swaths of 100% D/R precincts federally? Is it even possible?  (Read 875 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2023, 11:52:18 PM »
« edited: November 28, 2023, 12:02:25 AM by ProgressiveModerate »

Above is a map of Chicago overlayed with 2008 election results. One insane fact is in the image above, the orange area contained over 300k people. It gave Obama 162,000 votes and McCain 0, yes 0 votes. The purple has a population of over 350k people and gave Obama 188,000 votes to McCain's 792.

This means in Chicago alone, there were precincts worth over 650k people that collectively gave Obama 99.7% of the vote, with McCain getting a mere 792 votes.

While it still boggles my mind today, this was contingent on Obama's record strong performance with black voters combined with his home state boost from Illinois.

Today or in the near future, would it be possible anywhere in the Country to get large swaths of 100% D/R precincts (think precincts totaling at least 100k in a given metro area or region)?

The closest I can think of might be some of the ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities in places like New Square that block vote, but those communities tend not to be very large and typically have a single-digit or double-digit number of defectors in each precinct.

Also no, races uncontested by a major part don't count. Nor do those >10 people precincts with 2 votes.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 11:47:46 PM »

It might happen in the Cuban parts of South Florida if the environment is 2022 2.0 and the Republican nominee is from that community. Can’t think of any other possible examples.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 12:01:23 AM »

100% is a very high bar to clear.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 01:02:23 AM »

It might happen in the Cuban parts of South Florida if the environment is 2022 2.0 and the Republican nominee is from that community. Can’t think of any other possible examples.

I feel like it’s require more significant self-sorting in the south Florida Cuban population, with Cuban who are right wing sorting into their own communities. We see this a bit with Cubans in Hialeah being very conservative but not to the extreme required.

Also we do see a lot of moderate Cuban state legislators and while they outperform they’re never even getting close to 90% of the vote in a contested race.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2024, 12:22:22 AM »

It happened in Detroit in 2012:

omar04

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2024, 09:03:25 PM »

Does anyone have a copy of the image in the OP post?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2024, 10:24:22 PM »

Here ya go, but this one will probably expire at some point soon - I'm looking into other options for posting images that will last longer.
omar04

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2024, 11:33:19 PM »

Here ya go, but this one will probably expire at some point soon - I'm looking into other options for posting images that will last longer.

I would recommend postimages.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2024, 12:24:50 AM »

Forum gallery works well
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2024, 03:10:22 AM »

Forum gallery works well
This
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2024, 04:34:14 PM »

TBH the most likely scenario for this would involve state or federal courts turning a blind eye toward pretty obvious election rigging activities at the local level and/or allowing states/localities to adopt much stricter voting rules than are currently constitutional (e.g. if people had to own a certain amount of land to vote, many rural counties would likely be unanimous R).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies