Derek Chauvin stabbed in prison
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:26:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Derek Chauvin stabbed in prison
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Derek Chauvin stabbed in prison  (Read 2085 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2023, 10:11:57 PM »

It was bad enough that Bilaps openly defends genocide but thanks to limit on how many ignores I can do I choose to take Fuzzy off to put him on and see he’s (Fuzzy) become an apologist for a guy we all saw murder someone on video

So let's have a new investigation.  Throw open the doors and let the light shine in on the entire process.

If George Floyd was not asphyxiated, Derek Chauvin didn't murder anyone.  Those are legal and medical questions, but they need to be examined and answered, and in full view of the public, in the context of an independent investigation, and not the ones in Minneapolis that were driven by politics and intimidation by the worst sort of political thugs in the streets.

What would an independent investigation look like in this context that didn't happen or didn't happen properly in Chauvin's trial? Genuine question.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2023, 10:13:29 PM »

Lmao. It's telling that this is the one prisoner conservatives care about. Chauvin never should've been stabbed because it should've been obvious to the administration at the facility that he was the most at-risk prisoner there. But horrible stuff like this happens every day to prisoners who have committed less severe crimes than murder and most people don't care, and conservatives would likely accuse you of loving prisoners too much if you made an issue of it. The reason blue avatars are heartbroken over this is because they believe cops should be able to get away with murder if they murder the right people. Plain and simple and anyone who isn't incredibly stupid can see that.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2023, 10:13:55 PM »

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2023, 10:23:15 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2023, 10:26:58 PM by Hindsight was 2020 »

It was bad enough that Bilaps openly defends genocide but thanks to limit on how many ignores I can do I choose to take Fuzzy off to put him on and see he’s (Fuzzy) become an apologist for a guy we all saw murder someone on video

So let's have a new investigation.  Throw open the doors and let the light shine in on the entire process.

If George Floyd was not asphyxiated, Derek Chauvin didn't murder anyone.  Those are legal and medical questions, but they need to be examined and answered, and in full view of the public, in the context of an independent investigation, and not the ones in Minneapolis that were driven by politics and intimidation by the worst sort of political thugs in the streets.
Oh spare the “shine the light on” crap again you literally are just using the same rhetoric you did when you cried about the election results and demanded the courts step in and when they did but the “evidence” for fraud was so weak they never got past hearings you never accepted it. So please save the fake righteous warriors crap for those of us who aren’t aware of your schtick and don’t know if some new trial came up with Derek once again was shown to of killed Floyd you wouldn’t admit to being wrong
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2023, 10:26:27 PM »

So let's have a new investigation.  Throw open the doors and let the light shine in on the entire process.

If George Floyd was not asphyxiated, Derek Chauvin didn't murder anyone.  Those are legal and medical questions, but they need to be examined and answered, and in full view of the public, in the context of an independent investigation, and not the ones in Minneapolis that were driven by politics and intimidation by the worst sort of political thugs in the streets.

What would an independent investigation look like in this context that didn't happen or didn't happen properly in Chauvin's trial? Genuine question.

Because the whole investigation initially was tied up in domestic political concerns, conducted by partisans, in a highly charged environment where the conduct of BLM and Antifa could be considered flat-out investigation.

The role of outside influence on the writing of the autopsy is an issue that needs to be investigated by those not affiliated with Minnesota politics.  The degree to which this knee-on-neck maneuver was actually a standard maneuver that officers were instructed on in defensive tactics is another issue.  The role of the other police officers on scene, two (2) of whom are imprisoned, is another issue.  And the fact that none of these officers could have received a fair trial in that particular political environment is another factor.

I will say that my main concern is for the other officers imprisoned.  They appear to be scapegoated, and in ways people here would be up in arms with if they were not cops, but ordinary criminal defendants, and especially if they were members of a minority group.  They didn't "kill" George Floyd, and a lawful arrest is a different activity than riding along on a robbery that goes bad and there's gunplay.

It's been a long time since I thought about this issue, but this woman's documentary brings up issues that, quite frankly, no one was willing to listen to in 2020, in part because people were scared of BLM and Antifa.  One thing I DO believe is that two (2) of the police officers in prison in this case should not be there.  Another thing I believe is that it is far worse for an innocent party to be punished, or a partially guilty party to be over-charged and over-punished than it is for a guilty person to walk.  That's a principle I've always had.  There's a reason why it's the PROSECUTION on whom the burden of proof falls.  And no one can convince me that the court proceedings in these cases were not free of intimidation by BLM and Antifa.  We would not tolerate that if it were the KKK in the streets for a trial of a black defendant, and it shouldn't have been tolerated here.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2023, 10:48:54 PM »

An to further prove my point Fuzzy just showed his hand above that any new trial that finds Derek guilty he’ll just cry “BLM political intimidation” again. Just like when he demanded investigations into the election results but didn’t accept them when he didn’t get the outcome he wanted
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2023, 10:50:49 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2023, 10:55:24 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

The George Floyd didn't resolve anything because Floyd family gotten 33 M dollars and choke holds are still in place, as I learned with altercation with sister that Police are still biased against Blk men. But, what it did was put the spotlight on urban poverty and blk people reparations after Floyd family received 33 M.  We aren't asking for 5 M but as long as there is something

But, Conserv are against reparations and Floyd got 34 M and whites are the ones not minorities that pay to see season passes to watch blk athletes like Mahomes whom is a D play it's hypocrisy

Taxes on the rich are gonna be raised with a Secular Trifecta but the 2K child tax credits on couples making 200 K would go away probably when there is reparations.  That's what's going on with the polls the swing voters are middle class white females must decide if they want the 2K tax credits given away for reparations or decide to give a massive give away to the rich with 15 percent Trump tax cuts, but Biden isn't in full campaign mode yet
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2023, 11:43:15 PM »

Despite what this guy did, wishing he dies is evil. Oh and conspiracies galore?

I think you’ll find more mercy on the left than on the right, generally speaking.
I don't think so. The right is just more willing to hang someone, the left doesn't have the stones to do so...

It takes 'bigger stones' not to hang someone. Restraint, for the sake of justice, weighs heavier.
The death penalty isn’t necessarily unjust though
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2023, 12:11:15 AM »

Let's be real here: you would never accept any outcome other than an exoneration of Chauvin as legitimate.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2023, 12:37:27 AM »

Let's be real here: you would never accept any outcome other than an exoneration of Chauvin as legitimate.
I feel like Fuzzy is trying to push the limits of how covertly racist he can be before the mods call him out on it
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2023, 12:53:18 AM »

Because the whole investigation initially was tied up in domestic political concerns, conducted by partisans, in a highly charged environment where the conduct of BLM and Antifa could be considered flat-out investigation.

The role of outside influence on the writing of the autopsy is an issue that needs to be investigated by those not affiliated with Minnesota politics.  The degree to which this knee-on-neck maneuver was actually a standard maneuver that officers were instructed on in defensive tactics is another issue.  The role of the other police officers on scene, two (2) of whom are imprisoned, is another issue.  And the fact that none of these officers could have received a fair trial in that particular political environment is another factor.

I will say that my main concern is for the other officers imprisoned.  They appear to be scapegoated, and in ways people here would be up in arms with if they were not cops, but ordinary criminal defendants, and especially if they were members of a minority group.  They didn't "kill" George Floyd, and a lawful arrest is a different activity than riding along on a robbery that goes bad and there's gunplay.

It's been a long time since I thought about this issue, but this woman's documentary brings up issues that, quite frankly, no one was willing to listen to in 2020, in part because people were scared of BLM and Antifa.  One thing I DO believe is that two (2) of the police officers in prison in this case should not be there.  Another thing I believe is that it is far worse for an innocent party to be punished, or a partially guilty party to be over-charged and over-punished than it is for a guilty person to walk.  That's a principle I've always had.  There's a reason why it's the PROSECUTION on whom the burden of proof falls.  And no one can convince me that the court proceedings in these cases were not free of intimidation by BLM and Antifa.  We would not tolerate that if it were the KKK in the streets for a trial of a black defendant, and it shouldn't have been tolerated here.

(1) All of the pigs involved in this deserved far worse than what they got.

(2) Everything written here is stupid, but a special shoutout to the comparison between BLM and the KKK, an organization devoted to the extermination of various racial groups.

(3) Saying "two (2)" does not make your racist screed read more like a legal treatise.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2023, 01:00:05 AM »

I'm kind of morbidly curious how the prison abolitionist crowd on twitter is responding to this. Somehow I don't think they're talking about Chauvin as 'another victim of Amerikka's brutal carceral regime'
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2023, 06:50:38 AM »

I feel like Fuzzy is trying to push the limits of how covertly racist he can be before the mods call him out on it

Feelings aren't facts.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2023, 09:33:35 AM »

Feelings aren't facts.

You have no room to talk about facts and feelings. You believe the 2020 election was stolen based on lies.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2023, 10:12:51 AM »

Correct. Your feelings about BLM have nothing to do with the fact that Derek Chauvin murdered George Floyd in cold blood.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2023, 10:27:19 AM »

If policemen have reason to believe that going to jail for their crimes is effectively a death sentence, they will resist police reform even more, which seems reason enough to frown on this stabbing.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2023, 03:45:09 PM »

If policemen have reason to believe that going to jail for their crimes is effectively a death sentence, they will resist police reform even more, which seems reason enough to frown on this stabbing.

Yes, as incredible it is that the same people who always think it’s the fault of society when someone commit a crime, suddenly becomes fans of torture if the person doing the crime is someone they don’t like.

It’s even more incredible that they fail to get that fact.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2023, 08:37:39 AM »

Yes, as incredible it is that the same people who always think it’s the fault of society when someone commit a crime, suddenly becomes fans of torture if the person doing the crime is someone they don’t like.

It’s even more incredible that they fail to get that fact.

Usually it’s the “law and order”, “he should have gotten the death penalty, hopefully he gets murdered in prison” crowd that is for this.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2023, 09:42:54 AM »

I'm kind of morbidly curious how the prison abolitionist crowd on twitter is responding to this. Somehow I don't think they're talking about Chauvin as 'another victim of Amerikka's brutal carceral regime'

Probably claim Flloyd would still be alive in a world in which the police is just abolished. Logical thinking isn't exactly assigned to this kind of crowd.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2023, 06:27:28 PM »

Damn. The guy who stabbed him was scheduled to be released in 2026. Now he's facing another 20 years.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2023, 06:31:14 PM »

Damn. The guy who stabbed him was scheduled to be released in 2026. Now he's facing another 20 years.
You do the crime. You do the time.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2023, 06:42:58 PM »

He probably knew he couldn't live on the outside anyway and figured it'd be better to gain the clout and live like a king on the inside until he's old enough to go on Medicare and Social Security.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2023, 05:36:23 PM »

I always felt that Derek guy got railroaded, and did nothing wrong. 

Just sayin'

Dayyum man, you in for it.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2023, 05:47:57 PM »

I always felt that Derek guy got railroaded, and did nothing wrong. 

Just sayin'

Dayyum man, you in for it.

I think most people on this site know that he suffers from mental problems, so we generally let him off easy.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2023, 06:06:40 PM »

Feelings aren't facts.

I just died of an irony overdose
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies