This is the 2028 map. What happened between now and 2028?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:11:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  This is the 2028 map. What happened between now and 2028?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This is the 2028 map. What happened between now and 2028?  (Read 1473 times)
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2023, 10:28:17 AM »

Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 03:49:53 PM »

Trump wins in 2024 and becomes 2nd term Bush levels unpopular. Don Jr. is nominated in 2028 and loses in a landslide to someone broadly appealing like Whitmer or Beshear.

Senate is a bloodbath, with every D-held seat easily holding, WI easily flipping, Ted Budd losing, Peltola flipping AK after Murkowski retires, and maybe even Vance and Rubio going down.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 06:22:04 PM »

Trump wins in 2024 and becomes 2nd term Bush levels unpopular. Don Jr. is nominated in 2028 and loses in a landslide to someone broadly appealing like Whitmer or Beshear.

Senate is a bloodbath, with every D-held seat easily holding, WI easily flipping, Ted Budd losing, Peltola flipping AK after Murkowski retires, and maybe even Vance and Rubio going down.

Pretty much this, the far left costs Biden in 2024 and moderate Dems become furious with the far left. This leads to many university departments being eliminated with Dems quietly approving the defunding  along with a broad number of foreign students removed from the country. Trump has the Feds massacre 100 in a BLM style riot and this (along with a recession) permanently craters his approvals to Bush levels. However, people are tired on both the left and right and AOC drops out after 35 point losses to Whitmer on Super Tuesday.

Trump behaves like the clown he is, most of his actions are disallowed in court and Dems pick up the House with 245+ seats and Senate with 54+ that includes 2026 pickups in AK, NC, ME and maybe TX along with WI, NC in 2028. Dems nominate a Whitmer/Moore ticket that romps and finally brings the emerging Democratic majority. Republicans suddenly want national redistricting reform with the party staring at Dem gerrymanders in MN, GA, PA in 2030 along with partial control in TX.
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 08:45:31 AM »

How about 417 EVs in the opposite direction? What would the explanation for this be?

Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 10:51:28 AM »

How about 417 EVs in the opposite direction? What would the explanation for this be?

Pretty simple, the Dems nominated AOC and riots, antisemitic rhetoric lasted throughout the campaign. She complained about it being rigged against her and lasted until around 9:30 pm when networks called it for the Republican.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 05:33:03 PM »

Biden was re-elected and becomes ever more unpopular than he is now.  Harris loses the Dem primary to a Squaddie and the GOP puts up Youngkin.
Fwillb21
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2023, 11:12:04 PM »

Trump wins next year and has a disastrous second term, so Democrats nominate a woman in 2028 who has the appeal that Obama had in 2008. She also picks a person of color as her VP, and they go on to win in an ultimate landslide.
robocop
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2023, 11:21:27 AM »

Biden is re-elected solidly in 2024 but steps down in 2026. Harris becomes President and picks Pete Buttplug as VP and become very weak and unpopular. A major recession kicks in and the Overton Window can only swing to the right now, even if only by a small margin.

2026 midterms are a big Red Wave with many blue states with term-limited governors electing Republicans but of the RINO or Establishment type as MAGA has peaked. If anything the one and only governorship that can flip from R to D is Georgia.

Senate seats in MN, MI and NM all flip and VA, RI, IL and NH do as well if their incumebts retire.

It has reached the point where any woke culture and gaslighting about race, gender, climate and the CONVID plandemic and mask mandates have reached a breaking point backlash with many moderate Democrat types and liberals abandoning the Dems in droves and they are pained as the insanely woke party.

However with all things MAGA running their course an establishment ticket of Haley/Youngkin promises to "Make America Normal Again" and run on "common sense conservatism" that sees many long term blue states like even NY and NJ winning their way. Although I will dispute OR shifting on this map.

In the Senate AZ, GA, NV, PA and NH all flip and any of NY, OR, WA and CO do as well if the incumbents step down.
robocop
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2023, 11:47:27 AM »

Trump is elected and the elites instantly want him defamed. Some kind of major unrest happens in 2026 that results in using military force and the whiny establishment types cry wolf about "Nazis are here again" and this time the public believe it. Something happens that results in Trump being impeached that year with VP Tucker Carlson succeeding him and appointing Kari Lake as his VP. Unfortunately they are smeared and tainted enough by association (and media manipulation and brainwashing) and reach an all time low in presidential unpopularity.

The 2026 midterms are a big blue wave with every D seat holding and incumbents in AK, IO, KS and NC all losing and KY, TX, ME and SC flip if incumbents step down. The governor elections also see a lot of term-limited R governorships flip not only in states like FL and OH but also TX if Abbott retires and some open races in some of the safest R states like maybe SD or TN as well.

President Carlson is unable to do anything to become popular for 2028 and the Dems choose a moderate minded ticket of either Shapiro/Osoff or Gretchen Whitmer picks any of Booker, Beshear or Cooper as VP. 2028 Senate sees pickups in NC, SC, WI, FL and OH and also any of AK, IA and MO if incumbents step down.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2023, 03:15:47 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2023, 03:19:19 PM by Zedonathin2020 »

Trump wins in 2024 and becomes SO unpopular that it makes GWB’s second term look like Reagan and FDR had a love child

The GOP ticket is Trump’s VP/Tucker or Hawley and the Democrats nominate Whitmer/Warnock. Senate elections this year combined with 2026 give us a 60+ filibuster proof majority. And the house is close to if not at 300 Democratic seats

I would die satisfied. As this is my ideal Democratic landslide map. Give or take Florida
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2023, 05:28:30 PM »

Trump wins in 2024 and becomes SO unpopular that it makes GWB’s second term look like Reagan and FDR had a love child

The GOP ticket is Trump’s VP/Tucker or Hawley and the Democrats nominate Whitmer/Warnock. Senate elections this year combined with 2026 give us a 60+ filibuster proof majority. And the house is close to if not at 300 Democratic seats

I would die satisfied. As this is my ideal Democratic landslide map. Give or take Florida

Given that Trump doesn't want a flashy running mate who overshadows him I don't think they will be the 2028 nominee, but I can see a deal being made where they stay on as VP a la Calhoun.
robocop
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2023, 10:50:23 AM »

I wondered if it is possible that any Senators who are up for re-election 2028 can appear on a Presidential ticket? has that happened before?
That would make the likes of Raphael Warnock, Mark Kelly, JD Vance, Marco Rubio seem potentially out of contention?
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2023, 11:00:12 AM »

I wondered if it is possible that any Senators who are up for re-election 2028 can appear on a Presidential ticket? has that happened before?
That would make the likes of Raphael Warnock, Mark Kelly, JD Vance, Marco Rubio seem potentially out of contention?

It has happened before. Joe Biden in 2008
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2023, 12:39:51 PM »

Rubio in 2016 did initially rule out a re-election bid, but jumped in once he left the presidential race.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2023, 09:15:08 PM »

It has happened before. Joe Biden in 2008
Probably because he dropped out before the filing deadline? Some states allow someone to appear on the ballot twice, and Delaware was one of those. It’s actually hard to find specifics about this in state election law.
Prez_zf
Rookie
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2023, 01:02:45 PM »

No way does New York go red before Colorado, at least for the foreseeable future.
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2023, 06:21:26 PM »

No way does New York go red before Colorado, at least for the foreseeable future.
It was the least unlikely way I could come up with to get a map with 417 Republican EVs.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2023, 09:45:03 PM »

With this presidential map, OH-SEN would be, like, Lean D.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies