When will Colorado vote to the left of Washington and/or Oregon?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:41:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When will Colorado vote to the left of Washington and/or Oregon?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will Colorado vote to the left of Washington and/or Oregon?  (Read 253 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 21, 2023, 10:13:32 PM »

Colorado was D+14 in 2020, while Washington was D+19 and Oregon was D+18.

But in 2022, OR-GOV was only D+3 while CO-GOV was D+20. CO-SEN was also only slightly to the right of OR-SEN and WA-SEN.

It seems the bottom has not yet fallen out for the GOP in Colorado, but they keep collapsing more and more. Especially since there's plenty of room yet left to fall in populous counties like Douglas and El Paso with virtually nowhere left for the GOP to gain, I wouldn't be surprised if the Democrats manage to surpass 60% soon enough in CO and it lurches to the left of not only WA and OR, but perhaps even states like IL and NJ (which it was only slightly to the right of in 2020 as well).

If you agree this could happen, when do you think it will? I think it could be as early as 2028.

In any case, a stunning turnaround for a state that was still fairly close even in 2016, and was an R-leaning swing state as late as 2004 that voted for a Republican senator in 2014.

Also happens to be my favorite state of all I've visited, outside my home state. Love Colorado!
Fwillb21
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 12:34:28 AM »

Oregon possibly as soon as next year, but Washington probably not for a couple more cycles at least. It may get to the point in which all three states vote roughly the same give or take a few points, although Oregon has always been a bit to the right of Washington. What I could also see is Colorado "surpassing" Oregon and being more on par with Washington, as there doesn't seem to be a whole lot more room for the Portland metro to continue growing which is not the case with the Denver metro.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies