V for Vicennial!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:53:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  V for Vicennial!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: V for Vicennial!  (Read 256 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 17, 2023, 12:12:41 PM »
« edited: November 17, 2023, 12:16:06 PM by Joseph Cao »

Figured I may as well put out an explanation of what my suggestion's doing on the ballot this weekend.

Pretend there's a banner here for now, I'm on mobile and can't make one just yet. Tongue

✌️ VOTE: V for Vicennial ✌️

Nearly twenty years ago the Framers brought forth on these boards a new Nation, conceived in the heady infancy of the Forum and dedicated to the proposition that we could do with our own magic internet politics lark. One of them was Nym, and in honor of his service as our first president we named our first capital Nyman, after him.

It will be twenty years this February since that happened, and the question, however formulated and with whatever degree of competence, now comes before us again: there's a capital – what should we name it? We have used the Washington template, and an opportunity now arises to take a less beaten path, one uniquely Atlasian and able to draw from this game's richer history.

We have four other options on the ballot, all drawn, one way or the other, from real life. One of them is literally Washington, for Pete's sake.  But regardless of your feelings as to whether there should be a new capital – I say to all of you now: if we must anoint a successor to Nyman, let it have a name that reflects our journey of these intervening twenty years in the game. Let's mark this milestone with something good.

Vote for Vicennial, the fourth option on your ballot, and let the victory sign double as a symbol of this approaching twentieth anniversary of a game that few would have expected to last this long. A commemoration of your own contributions to keeping it going all these years, in whatever capacity, and the joy you've drawn from it.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 12:17:11 PM »

Bravo for this campaign thread, Cao! Exactly what I envisioned the people would rise up to do with this new age of referenda we're living in. Cheesy
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 12:19:38 PM »

Also – Vicennial is option number 4. The V sign is two fingers, and twice two or two squared is also 4. V is, of course, five. And 4 times 5 is 20.

I'm a certified numbers guy and I can tell you my professional diagnosis is that's got to be a sign.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 02:11:48 PM »

Vicennial is the best candidate on the list but I'm still not convinced it's as good as Nyman.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 12:27:48 AM »

this ended up losing to globohomo village lmao
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies