Biden backs IDF’s operation at Al-Shifa Hospital
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:28:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden backs IDF’s operation at Al-Shifa Hospital
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden backs IDF’s operation at Al-Shifa Hospital  (Read 774 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 16, 2023, 02:05:35 PM »

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 02:16:04 PM »

Biden’s unequivocal stance has impressed me. That being said,

Dearborn: Safe Dem -> Lean TRUMP
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 03:23:58 PM »

It's incredibly sad that some people don't want to differentiate. Hamas is a terrorist organization that should be dismantled and hunted down. They're much more responsible for the suffering of Palastian civilans, especially bs using them as human shields.  But that's what terrorists do. ISIS has done the same and then blamed coalition forces and used it for their insane propaganda.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 02:16:55 AM »

It's incredibly sad that some people don't want to differentiate. Hamas is a terrorist organization that should be dismantled and hunted down. They're much more responsible for the suffering of Palastian civilans, especially bs using them as human shields.  But that's what terrorists do. ISIS has done the same and then blamed coalition forces and used it for their insane propaganda.

What these people are seeing in Dearborn is an administration that does seemingly not care about Arab lives. Given the sheer callousness a lot of members on this forum have for Palestinians,  I would not be surprised if they viewed Democrats as not caring whether they live or die.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 03:02:57 AM »

What these people are seeing in Dearborn is an administration that does seemingly not care about Arab lives. Given the sheer callousness a lot of members on this forum have for Palestinians,  I would not be surprised if they viewed Democrats as not caring whether they live or die.

Yeah, but the fact that Dearborn residents are willing to vote for Trump (under whom Gaza would be converted into Gaz-a-lago by this point) is not good. It's very funny that the same people who push dual loyalty sh**t about Jews think this way about Palestine.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2023, 05:23:01 AM »

Yeah, but the fact that Dearborn residents are willing to vote for Trump (under whom Gaza would be converted into Gaz-a-lago by this point) is not good. It's very funny that the same people who push dual loyalty sh**t about Jews think this way about Palestine.

They probably won't vote for Trump. A lot of them probably won't vote at all, or will vote for Cornel West. Biden by doing this has just jumped into the hole and grabbed a spade on the way.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2023, 05:55:42 AM »

This is going to be one depressing loss.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2023, 06:19:39 AM »

I mean, you trust them and when you can proved that they defrauded us, like the Bush Administration did with WMDs, it makes it easy to say that you wanted to support them but you can’t.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2023, 07:23:40 AM »

The captain goes down with the sinking ship. Biden is 100% correct.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2023, 09:55:01 AM »

Biden hasn't universal control over Israel's actions though and called for more humanitarian breaks though. What also needs to be said is Hamas is the force with the least respect for any life. Using the basement of a hospital as a command center and arms arsenal is beyond any means. It's easy to blame Israel for civilian casulties when Hamas is perfectly fine or even encourages these counter strikes. I'm not saying Israel's army has done nothing wrong in all their operations, though it's impossible for carry this out with 100% perfection.

On a more broad note, this incident is yet another proof Hamas needs to destroyed. Sure, it would be a huge mistake by Israel to occupy Gaza as a whole, though there needs to be a more moderate Islamic force installed as provisional govt that manages the rebuild and actively works for a 2 state solution. In that process, both sides will have to make concessions. The attacks on Israel must stop, obviously, and latter must change course 180 degrees on settlements.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2023, 03:00:26 PM »

What happened in FL or NM? (Or for that matter PA, actually?)

If you assume a Republican trend in MI over Middle East backlash (which seems like a questionable assumption to me), then the path of least resistance is probably GA/MI/NV.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2023, 03:15:00 PM »

Biden hasn't universal control over Israel's actions though and called for more humanitarian breaks though. What also needs to be said is Hamas is the force with the least respect for any life. Using the basement of a hospital as a command center and arms arsenal is beyond any means. It's easy to blame Israel for civilian casulties when Hamas is perfectly fine or even encourages these counter strikes. I'm not saying Israel's army has done nothing wrong in all their operations, though it's impossible for carry this out with 100% perfection.

On a more broad note, this incident is yet another proof Hamas needs to destroyed. Sure, it would be a huge mistake by Israel to occupy Gaza as a whole, though there needs to be a more moderate Islamic force installed as provisional govt that manages the rebuild and actively works for a 2 state solution. In that process, both sides will have to make concessions. The attacks on Israel must stop, obviously, and latter must change course 180 degrees on settlements.

But these people are not hearing that. All they hear about is an administration that backs Israel unequivocally, and they are inevitably drawing the conclusion that this administration does not care in the slightest what happens to Palestinians or indeed, the Arab community as a whole. It's twenty years of US adventurism in the Middle East coming home to roost.

Without these people, who will likely not show up or vote for Cornel West, you are going to lose Michigan next year because right now, the only difference a lot of Arabs see is that Trump's just more open about his disdain for them. Apart from that, they see Republicans and Democrats as exactly the same.

You can go off your heads talking about how stupid, uninformed, or unintelligent these people are, but that is not going to do a thing, and implying that they are all terrorists-as a lot of people on this very forum have done-is just going to make it even more likely they simply don't show up. They view Biden as simply not caring about them, so naturally they're not going to vote for him, and proclaiming yourselves as more intelligent for not believing this argument betrays a fundamental lack of human understanding, or even basic empathy.

People smarter than anyone on this forum are saying that this is going to be a major problem next year. You dismiss them at your own peril, and the fact that many Democrats on here seem to take it for granted that Arab-Americans are going to turn out for them is not a good sign.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2023, 05:36:39 PM »

If you assume a Republican trend in MI over Middle East backlash (which seems like a questionable assumption to me), then the path of least resistance is probably GA/MI/NV.

It was just a Jew/Arab joke with Trump still improving with Hispanics elsewhere. Clearly it didn't translate very well...
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2023, 05:38:23 PM »

It was just a Jew/Arab joke. Clearly it didn't translate very well...

I figured FL flipping might be because of a Jewish vote thing (and I believe FL has unusually Republican Jews, such that if an improvement for Democrats with Jews happens that's where you'd see it), but the map had enough other weirdness like NM and PA that I basically just discounted it and thought it was a very weird map Tongue
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2023, 10:50:41 PM »

Why do you keep doing this thing where you phrase the title in a way that makes it look like your criticizing Biden when you're actually praising him?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2023, 12:48:03 AM »

Why do you keep doing this thing where you phrase the title in a way that makes it look like your criticizing Biden when you're actually praising him?

The title is actually what happened and isn’t praising or criticizing him . Whether you view what Biden did as positive or negative is fully up to you
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2023, 01:01:44 AM »

Imagine being such an absolute stooge that you get upset at Biden for acknowledging that Hamas bears some responsibility for civilian deaths after placing strategic military operations in an area heavily occupied by infirm civilians
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2023, 05:18:38 AM »

Imagine being such an absolute stooge that you get upset at Biden for acknowledging that Hamas bears some responsibility for civilian deaths after placing strategic military operations in an area heavily occupied by infirm civilians

Polling shows both that:

- Hispanics and the Youth are the demographics more against the Israel support that the US has been giving.

- Hispanics and the Youth, coincidentally, are also the groups where Biden has seen increasing struggle on his matches-up against Trump even before the Israel/Palestine conflict began.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies