GA Governor 2026
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:09:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA Governor 2026
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Georgia elect a DEM Governor in 2026?
Yes

No

Only if it is a Trump midterm

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: GA Governor 2026  (Read 892 times)
Fwillb21
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2023, 09:07:41 PM »

I believe it is highly likely that Democrats will flip the GA Governorship in 2026 if Trump is elected next year, but if Biden is re-elected I'd say it's closer to a 50/50 chance.
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 09:20:01 PM »

Georgia is a state where the answer to this question depends firmly on who wins the primaries, specifically the Republican primary.

A moderate Republican would probably be favoured in the general whilst a Trump Republican would not.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 11:01:38 PM »

If it's a Trump midterm, Democrats win unless they nominate Stacey Abrams again.

If it's a Biden midterm, the Republican would be favored, but it would be a tossup.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 11:10:49 PM »

It depends a lot on who the president is and who the nominees are.

Also, whether or not Brian Kemp runs for Senate will also play a role. If he does, that's a boost to Republicans. If he doesn't then the nominee will have to sink or swim on their own against a Democrat who can ride Ossoff's coattails.

That being said, if Trump wins in 2024, the chances of a Kemp Senate run in 2026 dramatically go down.
John Forbes Kerrygold 🧈
ObamasWaffle
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2023, 01:22:52 AM »

If it's a Trump midterm, Democrats win unless they nominate Stacey Abrams again.

If it's a Biden midterm, the Republican would be favored, but it would be a tossup.

And yet, you just know Abrams is going to run again.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2023, 04:04:52 PM »

Only if it’s a Trump midterm, it COULD be competitive if Biden is still President in 2026 but it would still probably go for the Republican
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2023, 04:52:32 PM »

Raffensperger holds the seat even in a Trump midterm.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2023, 05:24:48 PM »

Raffensperger probably isn’t getting past another primary. He barely avoided a runoff against a very lousy candidate in Jody Hice on the back of D crossover votes, and he’ll likely have more formidable opposition this time like Burt Jones, and may have less crossover if there’s a competitive gubernatorial primary on the D side.

Kemp for Senate I could definitely see, but if MTG runs she would at the very least be far more competitive than Perdue was.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2023, 05:08:36 PM »

And yet, you just know Abrams is going to run again.

Biden should've made her DNC Chair. As a candidate, it's inarguable that she has a string of losses. As an organiser, she's one of the best I've seen in recent years.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2023, 01:09:23 PM »

Who are Democrats even going to run?  Abrams is a has-been

Chris Carr is going to be the next governor of Georgia. 
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2023, 03:18:27 PM »

Possible, though I wonder whether he'll get through the primary again.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2023, 06:35:40 PM »

Lance Bottoms? McBath?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2023, 07:23:37 PM »

Lance Bottoms? McBath?

No, it will not be Keisha Lance Bottoms.

It's unclear why people on this forum are fascinated with her. In the 2017 mayoral election she barely beat Mary Norwood, who was unable to state definitively that she was not a Republican. She's not good at electoral politics and if we ever hear from her again it'll be because she's in a corporate job.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2023, 07:53:42 PM »

Who are Democrats even going to run?  Abrams is a has-been

Lance Bottoms? McBath?

McBath is interesting cause if the remapping process in the coming weeks does lead to the Cobb-Douglas-Fulton district like ordered, she's going to go home and open up GA-07. Which means McBath will have represented somewhere between 2 and 3 million different people at different times over her 8 year career, always very impressive for a Congressman looking to go statewide. the only potential downside is that they are all in the Atlanta media market, and not across state like Spanberger.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2023, 08:17:40 PM »

Lance Bottoms? McBath?

McBath is interesting cause if the remapping process in the coming weeks does lead to the Cobb-Douglas-Fulton district like ordered, she's going to go home and open up GA-07. Which means McBath will have represented somewhere between 2 and 3 million different people at different times over her 8 year career, always very impressive for a Congressman looking to go statewide. the only potential downside is that they are all in the Atlanta media market, and not across state like Spanberger.
I wonder if Carolyn Bourdeaux will make a comeback?

There probably are better options than her at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if GA-07 elects an Asian representative, as I believe this area has a large AAPI population.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2023, 08:28:13 PM »

Lance Bottoms? McBath?

There probably are better options than her at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if GA-07 elects an Asian representative, as I believe this area has a large AAPI population.

Bourdeaux was a good fit for the whiter GA-07 of the 2010s, not so much for the new one. I could see someone like Nabilah Islam run here.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2023, 08:58:33 PM »

Lance Bottoms? McBath?

Bourdeaux was a good fit for the whiter GA-07 of the 2010s, not so much for the new one. I could see someone like Nabilah Islam run here.
Possibly. Sam Park is another one to watch.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2023, 09:08:02 PM »

Lance Bottoms? McBath?

Possibly. Sam Park is another one to watch.

Or Jasmine Clark. Or Nikki Merritt.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies